• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crashmo/Fallblox |OT| Heart-Shaped Blox

zroid

Banned
Oh no, why was OP banned? :(

Apparently Crashmo has an update available on the eShop; not sure how long it's been there. Any idea what it does?

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I'm finally getting a 3DS (XL) thanks to the Best Buy $160 Mario Kart package, so I will be picking up both Pushmo and Pullmo games at last. Wish me luck. :p

Wiz

Damn this game is hard. Got stuck on Challenge 1-2, (found the solution now) and then got stuck again on Challenge 1-5. Not a great sign of things to come. :(

Finally got around to downloading the game, and shit it's hard. Got stuck on the 11th puzzle already. Managed to figure it out, but man do I feel like an idiot. Is it just a case of getting the hang of the new gravity elements of the game?

Wiz

Finally got around to downloading the game, and shit it's hard. Got stuck on the 11th puzzle already. Managed to figure it out, but man do I feel like an idiot. Is it just a case of getting the hang of the new gravity elements of the game?

I got used to the gravity stuff pretty quickly, but that makes each puzzle a lot tougher because there are a great number of ways you can move the blocks around.

zroid

Banned
I haven't played in a few days because I'm still infuriated by B-6 :mad:

I'll try again this weekend, hopefully the solution will reveal itself

Might set up a Crashmo thread for community puzzles or something. Kind of missing that here, its difficult when making a puzzle to judge how random/obvious your being I've found.

Maybe a more specific thread would get people creating/working together? Not sure.

Anyway heres a few I did recently:

LHQmju.jpg

7w1cS3.jpg

p6nfp9.jpg

tGhcJA.jpg

M3d10n

It's more a case of the mechanics being so new. There are several "moves" you need to learn and they won't come out naturally if you dive straight into more complex puzzles. Pay attention to what you did to solve the early puzzles: most of them are built around a specific "move" (example: "use a larger block to move multiple blocks", "move a block sideways while standing in another block", etc).

You can also visualize what you need to do very quickly if you look at the flag/bird and see how tall of a stair you truly need to get there.

Did anyone play my Zelda Crashmo from the previous page? Just curious about the playability, I thought it was fun but everyone thinks their kid's cute even if it's Quasimodo.

zroid

Banned
Did anyone play my Zelda Crashmo from the previous page? Just curious about the playability, I thought it was fun but everyone thinks their kid's cute even if it's Quasimodo.

i'll go through all of the puzzles in this thread once I finish the built-ins. Of course, at this rate that could take a while yet... >.<

for some reason I can't scan QR codes... weird

says they're not supported

Hmmm...are you defoes reading them through Crashmo?

Yeah its defoes playable, originally my plan was to:
Using the triforce to get on the sword; but in the end I managed to get a bunch of small bits and some of Links shield to climb up to it

Lots of different bits to play with and a cool design :)

spadge

It's playable, I just pulled all the bits apart until the sword fell down and then used them to climb up.

So i'm guessing this thread (and the greater internet) died cause so many have given up with the harder difficulty?
I hope not cause i need some help!

I managed to get through to Level 108 - Challenge B-B but i'm so close to throwing the 3DS through the wall in frustration, i have to ask has anyone done it and want to make a fool of me for not seeing what is surely an obvious answer?

I was coasting through the challenges leading up to it, which only makes it worse!
... I did use a guide for the Moon stage too though... no regrets there so i'm hoping none here too!

BowieZ

Banned
So i'm guessing this thread (and the greater internet) died cause so many have given up with the harder difficulty?

Pretty much. There's other factors too I guess (other games/options, new owners probably just sticking with Pushmo for now etc), but I think Crashmo's a bit less instantly rewarding/gratifying/satisfying because it can be a bit overwhelming and you can't "build yourself up to a solution" (can't think of a good way to describe this), it's a bit hit-or-miss I guess?

And it's just as much harder to design a puzzle and test it to ensure it works.

Sapiens

I got ~95 or so out of 100. I know there is more, but I feel as if I got my 8 dollars worth on it.

It's good to know there is content I can come back to later as opposed to blowing through it all at once.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I still never went back to that asshole B-5.

Got caught up with... other things...
*terrified of that level*

rjc571

Banned
I finished all of the B puzzles and am on the second bonus set (going really slowly since the solutions can take a very long time to work out). Hell if I'm gonna go back to those puzzles and try to come up with the solutions all over again, though.

Shaffield

I finished all of the main levels after finishing my finals, and then I got Paper Mario and VLR for christmas

so I've just been taking a break :p

but you're right, the game is too damn hard ;_;

Finally got this! :)3)
The first non-tutorial level had me stuck for ages but the subsequent ones were'nt so tricky. I'm still not sure how I solved the first one.

DaBoss

Bumped.

I got this game yesterday, and my god, this is a brilliant puzzle game. Finished the first 30 levels and some made me think for a while making me retry it at most 5 times. Thought the tutorial will be much longer from reading this thread before, but it didn't last 12 minutes tops, which to me is not that long.

I'm down to the last two, the Beetle (#138) and the Dragon (#140). Beetle is very difficult but looks doable, but the Dragon one...

Anyway, new Crashmo

Jk5dbou.jpg

At my wits end, and with no help in sight, I need help with puzzles 133-140.

Preferrably spoilered in case someone wonders in here.

iphys

There are 100 main crashmo, but there are unlockables, extra crashmo Nintendo releases on the Internet, and user-created crashmo. I've put in close to 35 hours and still have 4 bonus crashmo left. If anyone still needs help on the bonus crashmo, I might still remember some pointers for the particularly tricky ones (still working on 134, 138, 139, and 140 myself).

Here's a crashmo I created:
1zNDxav.jpg

iphys

Got 134:
Not sure whether it's a ruse, but I didn't use the red doors. Start by moving the tree left, taking the red ladder to push the monkey over one space and shift the monomino down to the ground. Place the monomino in front of the monkey and then enter the red ladder to shift the monkey onto the monomino. Leave the monkey's face perched on the tree and put the 2x2 piece beside the tree to use the red ladder/square piece to shift the monkey over and be able to climb up the back of the monkey to the tree. Check the placement of the monomino at the base of the monkey (I think I had it one square to the right from the left-most square of the tree) to be able to translate the monkey sideways from the tree to drop it off the monomino so that you can climb up from the tree to the chin of the monkey, and then move the tree/face pieces rightward to be able to climb up the monkey's eye/face to the yellow ladder.

iphys

138:
Scared me at first, but it's easier than it looks. Just push out the main body, and the stack on the left is the main thing you can use to climb up and the stuff on the right you can move around freely. Take the two monominos from the right to fill in the space under the large light brown piece and then the 5-cell piece to use it to push the bottom part of the stack left so the big light brown piece will have a platform at the top left. Next pull the bottom right monomino right and stand on it to pull the large light brown piece one square right. Then use the 5-cell tower to push the stack of 2 monominos forward one square. Take the 3-cell piece from the right and use it to push the bottom part of the stack with the large brown piece left till the brown piece on top of it is just hanging on by one square and then take it over to use as part of your stack. Along with one of the monominos from under the large brown piece, you should now have everything to make a stack to reach the top of the light brown piece. Before climbing, pull the beetle left till the left side matches up with the left side of the large light brown piece so you can climb up to the black eye. Standing beside the black eye, slide the main beetle piece left one square, jump behind the eye and slide the eye over one square so that you can use it to climb to the top.

139:
Use the combination of one 2x2 and one 2x2 on top of a rail to translate the robot body sideways. Before the neck piece falls down, move the loose hands underneath to be able to catch the neck when it finally falls. Use your 2x2 and 2x2/rail to go move the neck piece forward one square and then over to push the cloud piece backward one square and catch the innards on it. Use the cloud to grab the robot hand from the middle by moving the cloud sideways one space and then using your 2x2 and 2x2/rail combo at the corner to push into the innards (make sure you have the bottom hand or arm ready to catch the neck to keep it raised). Now you'll need to take the loose robot arm on the ground and have it ready to catch the robot hand from the cloud, and then use the 2x2 and 2x2/rail to climb up to the cloud to knock the hand down on the top of the arm. Shift your arm/hand stack over from the ground/cloud to be able to get the upper arm and pull it out onto the hand such that it is only hanging on by one cell. Now prepare what's supporting the belly section to be able to climb up and then drop it down one level later: I positioned it so it was just hanging on to the neck by one square at the right, and the neck was supported by the loose hand with the hand positioned one square over to be able to catch the belly when it slides off the neck. Climb up onto the neck to the cloud to the belly section up to the top arm, and then shift the belly left one square to drop it off the neck onto the hand, and now you can climb up the belly to the top of the top arm and to the ladder where you just need to hit the switch to drop the flag.

140:
Move the dragon all the way to the left and then push it back (you don't need any of the junk that falls out to the left). Push the tall teal staircase to the right to have the smaller teal piece fall down that you can use with it. Push the dragon 4 squares right and one toward you to knock down the brown and one pink piece (you won't need the pink piece so might as well get it out of the way). Move the teal staircase rightward such that the cyan bar on top is hanging on by one square, which will make room so that now you can take the brown piece and push it into the dragon to support the cyan wing on top of it. Slide the dragon rightward to get it into position to then move it toward you one square and have the small cyan bar, pink piece, and brown piece land on it. Move the dragon rightward such that the top left of the wing section can get you to the goal. Use the staircase/first step pieces to climb up to the tail and position the brown and pink pieces to jump onto the wing and reach the goal.

Yay, all done!! If anyone needs any pointers for specific crashmo, you better ask before I forget.

iphys

Hmmm, not sure how. Did you still need help with any of the other ones?

BTW, here's another crashmo I made:

XHFnBEi.jpg

Top Bottom