• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Pigeon Dating Game with Amazing BAD END

Dunan

Ever see those Japanese ads for "Lark" cigarettes, telling you to "Speak Lark"?

img_1225845_61770592_0

Cigarettes that let you speak some kind of bizarre bird language? Who knows what they're putting in those things?

But clearly, the maker of this game smoked some, and his genius has come into full flower.

Off to buy a pack now, tobacco tax hikes be damned.

I officially must play this game. Every time I think it can't possibly get better, someone posts a screenshot of such sublime brilliance to prove that it can.

Who knew feeling so fowl could feel so good?

Our intern has been going on about this at work, and now I, too, am gripped by the dream of working on such a title. If only it wasn't already being translated! I would totally recommend this for us. ^_-

(not that anyone will listen to me now after I recommended Adventure Bar in Wonderland last time...)

Our intern has been going on about this at work, and now I, too, am gripped by the dream of working on such a title. If only it wasn't already being translated! I would totally recommend this for us. ^_-

(not that anyone will listen to me now after I recommended Adventure Bar in Wonderland last time...)

It's nice to see that we're birds of a feather...

Hopefully I won't run a-fowl of you for the pun, I wouldn't want you to flip me the bird...

@h.protagonist: I take it my jokes didn't fly, then? I thought our way of thinking would dove-tail nicely with each other.

Sorry, I won't egg you on any more.

Get the rest of girl gaf on this. :p

Hmmm... You may be on to something. A serious thread discussing the dating prospects of these fine birds and which we would all choose for our nests... Perhaps that shall be the first thread I ever create!
(Just kidding. I will direct more ladies here to discuss, though. ^_^)

Ha, I think I managed to get through all endings. This game is... wow.

This is the ending if you haven't fallen in love with anyone by the 3rd chapter. It's not translated:
Spoilers:
http://i.imgur.com/VTk8S.jpg

Anyone from J-GAF able to translate?
It seems to be a shout out to this:

http://i.imgur.com/MdViA.jpg

...but I don't know where that's from, either. :(
The first part lists stuff you were carrying as an Aqua Blue 3DS, bread crust, frozen pizza, and something else I need to look up.

The second part say something like, "Too bad, your adventure ends here".

Edit: I looked it up and got "a vice, jack, or capstan". Not sure how any of the three make sense, but maybe that's the point.

Edit2: Technically it says "my adventure", but I took some liberties with my translation.

Holy shit, the second bad end is even better than the 1st. Holy FUCKING SHIT!

I'm starting to think this game consists of nothing but hilarious bad ends.

Syril

The first part lists stuff you were carrying as an Aqua Blue 3DS, bread crust, frozen pizza, and something else I need to look up.

The second part say something like, "Too bad, your adventure ends here".

Edit: I looked it up and got "a vice, jack, or capstan". Not sure how any of the three make sense, but maybe that's the point.

Edit2: Technically it says "my adventure", but I took some liberties with my translation.

That's directly quoting the Japanese version of Shadowgate. The original English was all written in 2nd person, but the Japanese changed it to 1st person for some reason, including all the graphic descriptions of player deaths.

That's directly quoting the Japanese version of Shadowgate. The original English was all written in 2nd person, but the Japanese changed it to 1st person for some reason, including all the graphic descriptions of player deaths.

Hmmm... I'm not really sure what the translators were thinking when they changed it then. It just sounds really strange to be talking about your own death (and in that manner).

I think I may try playing through the game Japanese so I can work on my mad reading skills. But, it does sound a little strange going after guy birds though (I'm heterosexual in my bird lust).

Top Bottom