• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 full page advert in UK newspaper, "Coming 2013"

flattie

Eurgh.

Rowing hype back a bit.

I hope this is just Sony's way of saying 'we want to wait to confirm this at E3', but OTOH they may just be cheeky enough to tease this this without even any internal confirmation of Europe being 2013.

Obviously we're the audience most sensitive to the truth (or otherwise) in this message, but trying to look at it from a big picture viewpoint, I just can't see a reason as to why they would run an ad of this nature with this message and not be fairly confident that the system will be available to purchase in the EU during 2013.

I'm hopeful and reasonably confident that I'll have one of these (PAL) bad-boys under my TV come December.

Think it'll be same story with the CL ad. If it mentions '2013', Sony will just say 'restating what we said in Feb'.

They'll only get down to the nitty gritty on explicit territory confirmations at E3 or maybe even later.

Just hope for their PR's sake that this and the CL ad are being run in the full internal knowledge of a 2013 Euro release. Reckless teasing otherwise :p

I think the reason any advert has been kept a secret like this is because it is being handled internally by SCEE rather than having it done by Deutsch. That way they can ensure no leaks. Advertising execs are notoriously leaky, they love to talk about their latest high profile campaign to other agencies and brag...

UrbanRats

773957810.png

i1eMxruLwmppi.jpg

IF only they had me in their marketing department.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If they don't release this year in UK/Europe after that, it'll be a kick in the balls.

So how Europe is usually treated with console and title releases?

---------------

Good ad though. They've managed to both advertise the new console changes and avoid the issue that they have yet to unveil the box.

iratA

I hope Sony learned a huge fucking lesson from the PS3... Advertise the shit out of your console! MS did and look what happened. This is encouraging, plus a little up yours to the Xbox1 announcement.

HOLY FUCK... I just realised this means Australia will get it THIS YEAR TOO!

elaine-seinfeld-dance-o.gif

Yes my son. Yes it does.

Cyport

I went to the champions league festival thing in London yesterday. They had a Playstation stand with PES 2013 and they were advertising PS4 coming 2013.

JP

Really good news, pre-ordered as soon as the announcement finished so hopefully I'm in with a chance.

I wonder if it will be global though or whether one of the other regions will have to wait?

Seriously, Sony's marketing are over thinking this thing. All they need to do is take out full page ads that say

* No serial numbers

* Lend your games to friends

* Sell your games

The most powerful console in the world. Q4 2013.

...that's literally all they needed to say.

Addnan

I can't find the thread. The little Playstation event is happening in Westfield Stratford today. Teraway etc. Heading down there now.

Paganmoon

Xbox don't care about Euro people. Sony will be right there to scoop them up.

They're both really sending mixed signals tho. Xbox one reveal was US focused with the TV bits and NFL and so on, but was broadcast on EU Primetime. Sony had it's reveal at what was it midnight eurotime on a weekday? E3 presser will be 03.00 CET.

It's just strange :)

/P

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Flawless victory! Shall be my Christmas present to myself

iAmn8ng6qbCNP.gif

Seriously, Sony's marketing are over thinking this thing. All they need to do is take out full page ads that say

* No serial numbers

* Lend your games to friends

* Sell your games

The most powerful console in the world. Q4 2013.

...that's literally all they needed to say.

I think this is more to do with their sponsorship of the Champions League.

I'm sure that ad will come eventually though.

Rich!

All they need now is some good news at E3 (no always online, used games allowed) as well as a nice price, and I'm in.

Amazing how they've completely changed from their 2005/6 ways. Praise be Cerny!

Top Bottom