• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Eldren

Honestly think Sleepwalking might be one of my favourite songs this year. God damn that's good. I really hope Dreamcatcher blow up, they're a breath of fresh air.

Okay the MV is beautiful. Amazing production. I just love the attention to detail they are putting in everything. The story is really difficult to decipher, but it doesn't matter too much. Song is great. Not as impactful as their earlier releases, but still really good. 'Sleep walking' on the album is a nice surprise.

I feel like they still aren't really breaking through just yet. I hope they have at least one more comeback this year. I mean... following their pattern if they can hit halloween it would be so perfect.

So, what is the connection here? Dancing queen with the jukebox? Paparazzi with the cabaret dress?

Edit: Choerry release is today at 12pm KST

That's exactly what Sones are debating, it may be one concept era per teaser, next should be Yuri with something related to Gee or Genie.

Hot damn Fany.

9703c8a7gy1fhz9or03qjj215o1mx1kx.jpg

Pendulum

[MV] 이달의 소녀/최리 (LOONA/Choerry) "Love Cherry Motion"
Whole thing shoulda been 1:28/2:45 (I know you need to go light to go hard, but you don't need that kind of light)
(I am looking forward to this subunit though)

Well... you don't always hit the shots you take I guess lol.

Like it's a perfectly serviceable pop tune with an interesting beat switch but that's really it.

I'll reserve full judgement and review tomorrow but for first impressions... yeah, this isn't anywhere as good as Eclipse or Singing In The Rain.

Puzzle on the other hand is a bop! Why didn't they use that as her debut track instead??

I'll say this though... Lip and JinSoul look amazing. Good grief...

be7b4fb8adbd24a3a06e56b578efe523.630x358x1.jpg

No No Eul

She has co-written Red Velvet's Automatic and Kim Lip's Eclipse, so she seems like the whole package.

Damn, consider me hyped for this release then.

Whole thing shoulda been 1:28/2:45 (I know you need to go light to go hard, but you don't need that kind of light)

Definitely the weakest of the three but still a solid track. The MV is pretty neat though. Lip and Soul corrupting sweet, innocent Choerry. :p

(I actually wouldn't mind reading some analysis of the video and what it might have to say about coming of age, the idol industry and so on.)

Shame it doesn't last for the full duration of the song but I'll take what I can get.

former AKB48 member Hamamatsu Riona said:

Meanwhile, Sooyoung & co backstage...

llehuty

Yeah. Not quite feeling this. It's not a bad song, it's just to gimmicky. I guess they are pinning her as the bridge between LOONA 1/3 and LOONA 0.25?

And very weird we aren't getting a new girl in August, I wonder with what dumb excuse they will come up to justify it.

Loci

Indeed kind of a weird choice to go with a rather.. simple sound like this. Isn't the whole point of the different subunits having distinctive sounds and concepts. Love Cherry Motion could be straight out of Loona 1/3.
Puzzle is probably the better song and fits the overall theme of 2/3 but isn't really working for me without a scene setting MV. Shame
Nevertheless the subgroup is gonna slay people in September.
LKoOS9U.png

llehuty

Indeed kind of a weird choice to go with a rather.. simple sound like this. Isn't the whole point of the different subunits having distinctive sounds and concepts. Love Cherry Motion could be straight out of Loona 1/3.
Puzzle is probably the better song and fits the overall theme of 2/3 but isn't really working for me without a scene setting MV. Shame
Nevertheless the subgroup is gonna slay people in September.
LKoOS9U.png
Maybe they release the MV of Puzzle when this hits some milestone?

Loci

Doubt it.

Puzzle was released by the same guy Daniel Obi Klein who wrote Eclipse. He also did Automatic by RV. What a God.

I think I might take back what I said about Love Cherry Motion, listening to it with fresh ears...

That chorus is a fun fun bop! It shouldn't even be that way coz it's basic but I can't refuse fun lol.

Actually the pop bits are just fun in general...

The break definitely shouldn't work at all but it somehow does and I don't get it.

But yeah, I'm gonna sit on this more... it's truly a fun bop, that I can say for sure, but I'll wait some more to judge.

EDIT: https://instagram.com/p/BXF5z8slLKb/

Lee Sun-bin doing her own stunts.... I'm in love! 😍😍😍

I just noticed and it seems like Kim Lip does all the adlibs in LCM.

I guess that kinda makes sense since she seems to the be the vocal lead on 2/3 with Jinsoul as the rapper and Choerry as the inbetween.

Hokuten

Neo Member
Love Cherry Motion is a groove with some bop in it. The MV was really interesting and loved the cameo of 1/3 and LipSoul. I'm a fan and definitely gonna add this to my playlist.

Puzzle is great track too.
Eclipse still best track of the year

I also listened to the new Dreamcatcher. I gotta say this has their best B side tunes. Really enjoying Wake Up and Sleep-Walking.

Fly High is OK at first listen. I need to give it a few more to see if it can stick. I really enjoyed the ending bit at 3:18. Wish it had more of that.

llehuty

[M/V] CLON(클론) - Go Tomorrow
Imagine for a second that hard style replaces tropical beats as the trend in kpop, lol.

KARD - Hola Hola Choreography Video

Real Girls Project "PINGPONG GAME" MV Teaser
That ping pong sound beat + middle east melodies have my attention. Also, I think it was Peru that mentioned that they should target the otaku like one year ago and it seems like they are actually doing that (at least visually).
Edit: They have already performed the song:
뮤직뱅크 Music Bank - 핑퐁게임 - 리얼걸프로젝트 (PINGPONG GAME - Real Girls Project).20170728
It's ok.

[Teaser] LONGGUO & SHIHYUN(용국 & 시현) - the.the.the
[Teaser 2] LONGGUO & SHIHYUN(용국 & 시현) - the.the.the
No idea where did these guys come from, but this sounds fantastic.

나인뮤지스 9MUSES - 러브시티 Love City Official Teaser
They are back to the lip 2 lip concept, meh.

Unsurprisingly, Occultcatcher deliver again.

This stationary, straight-on cam is about the closest there is to a dance practice video until the real thing is released.

[MPD직캠 4K] 드림캐쳐 직캠 날아올라 Fly High DREAMCATCHER Fancam @엠카운트다운_170727

Yeah, it's totally meant to see if they can fill that Sistar summer song void. I think it's enjoyable enough as a one-off, but Laboum is better than this. And, as you said, the production isn't so hot. The whole thing was probably a rush job by the label.
So she's like mix of of both styles which is cool but it could have been better if 1:28 was what the majority of the song sounded like.
Love Cherry Motion is a groove with some bop in it. The MV was really interesting and loved the cameo of 1/3 and LipSoul.

↑↑↑ The above quotes are essentially my initial reaction to both songs. I like them for what they are, more so Choerry's "Love Cherry Motion" than Laboum's "Only You," though. Laboum have clearly released better music, but that's fine. I'm more interested in the idea Block Berry Creative may possibly make this overdrawn Loona debut project work, as I'm still interested despite some annoyance. We'll see..

On that note, Hyemi also renewed her contract recently, so I guess "9"muses is here to stay?
Gotta love Hyemi's dedication to the 9 Muses cause.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

cycle_of_abuse2k6up0.png

Jessica teasers got released today as well.

sorry
Why? SicaB is great.

NFI who they are either, though it sounds promising.

The Eve is the best song on the album. I gave the album a couple of spins the other day, and found myself actually like Ko Ko Bop on repeated listens, but it's definitely no The Eve.
Somewhat anti-climactic, then. I'll have a listen to Exo's mini at some point.

*Raina*
http://i.imgur.com/kEY40Gy.jpg

Out on the 31st.

Can this be a lead up to After School/Orange Caramel comeback? Pls?
Oh you..

All of this is good.

R1920x0

Just discovered a Chrome plugin that crops videos to fit the 21:9 aspect ratio of my monitor and my god it is fncking glorious especially if the video is in anamorphic 4K. Technically it's nothing really special as it just crops the black/white borders when they do anamorphic formats(so it doesn't work in 1:1 4K content) but getting a full screen experience is an experience to behold.

Some examples courtesy of Dreamcatcher(click to get full size of course):

Are there any other MV's filmed in 4K?

Woodie Go Child is fucking great. There are definitely other contestants that are stronger but he is my favorite right now. Loving this season compared to the last, since it was basically the BeWhy + Cjamm show.
This season has been really good. Mnet have cut down on the bad editing and there is a better vibe about the show. There has been some really good performances and they actually chose good producer teams this year (fortunately Dean has stayed quiet for almost the entire show). Dynamic Duo have been a great addition as has the godfather.

Still think Nucksal is favourite to win, but Junoflo seems super confident this year. Hope Olltii and Killagramz go far as well.

Hellix

This season has been really good. Mnet have cut down on the bad editing and there is a better vibe about the show. There has been some really good performances and they actually chose good producer teams this year (fortunately Dean has stayed quiet for almost the entire show). Dynamic Duo have been a great addition as has the godfather.

Still think Nucksal is favourite to win, but Junoflo seems super confident this year. Hope Olltii and Killagramz go far as well.

My money is on Double K to win, but there are just so many strong contenders.

My money is on Double K to win, but there are just so many strong contenders.
Episode 6 Preview:
He was shown messing up his lyrics during the preview for Ep. 6. Could just be Mnet editing in a way to generate discussion but he definitely messed up. Depends on who else other than Junoflo is in Jay/Dok2 team though as to whether they would sacrifice him.

Edit: Fucking dead at this girl in idol school.
Because I know there are actually a couple of talented girls in this, if not I would think this is a parody show or something.

btw Idol School EP1 hard subbed
The show is a little bit boring in the sense that it doesn't have the hype intro performances like P101. It's the girls introducing themselves looking cute followed by a basic test on vocals, dance and ..strength. At the end the ranks are revealed live which is really awkward. Maybe it'll get better as it goes on.

I forgot Myungji who was in Tiny G was in this until the end of the episode, not sure if she didn't have screentime or if I just missed her. I do enjoy Bada being there as a judge, I love her.

Doul

Neo Member
Real Girls Project "PINGPONG GAME" MV Teaser
That ping pong sound beat + middle east melodies have my attention. Also, I think it was Peru that mentioned that they should target the otaku like one year ago and it seems like they are actually doing that (at least visually).
Edit: They have already performed the song:
뮤직뱅크 Music Bank - 핑퐁게임 - 리얼걸프로젝트 (PINGPONG GAME - Real Girls Project).20170728
It's ok.

Hey this isn't half bad. The MV looks entertaining, and of course Sori slays. There's also the japanese girl, I can't remember her name for the life of me but she's super cute !

Top Bottom