• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh - Defiant Honor DLC 2 Trailer

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpBrEAbxBs

- Boss fight against Kozuki Sasuke. Doing some Hayabusa shit.
- Running towards a volley of arrow fire.
- There's a new huge Namahage-like Youkai, like twice as tall
- New element attack Onmyou spells (Wind spears, Whirlwind, Lightning strike)
- New fox youkai, breathes fireballs
- Sanada Yukimura's pre-boss fight cutscene, William recognized the moth girl
- Mysterious 'lady(?)' teaser at the end

Izuna

Banned
king-bach-o.gif

xuchu

- Mysterious 'lady(?)' teaser at the end

That may be teasing
Sasaki Kojiro
, legendary rival to
Musashi Miyamoto

There is even a trophy for beating him with dual wooden swords which makes sense as
Musashi
is said to have pioneered the dual sword style.

Espada

Goddamn I am fucking READY, especially after watching that trailer. The tonfas look cool, but what was that thing William used that looked like a fan?

Slightly disappointed that there only seems to be 1-2 new Yokai enemies to fight.

shadow_shogun said:
Dang, already? I'm still stuck on the first boss of the last DLC.

Already? It's been 3-4 months since Dragon of the North. A good tip for the boss you're fighting is to count his swings. He's really predictable once you take a breath and carefully memorize his pattern.

Izuna

Banned
That may be teasing
Sasaki Kojiro
, legendary rival to
Musashi Miyamoto

There is even a trophy for beating him with dual wooden swords which makes sense as
Musashi

God, I'm reminded of some fucking amazing videos.

15920704aab2eac3394a209fa1a08b4705f8110c_hq.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is this why I had to download a 6GB+ patch even thoughI dont own any DLC?

jfoul

I bought Nioh for $29.99 during prime day, and I really like it. Has the season pass been worth it so far? I'm thinking about getting it.

Peroroncino

So tempted to buy this game but holding out hope for a complete PC edition. But everything about this game looks stellar

I don't think that's going to happen in the near future, if at all.

As for the trailer, nope, not watching, if it's as good as the first DLC I'll be content. All I can say is... GIMME GIMME.

That may be teasing
Sasaki Kojiro
, legendary rival to
Musashi Miyamoto

Musashi

That's what I'm thinking as well.

You know, given that we can apparently freely go to the land of the dead to beat up their inhabitants, there's no reason we can't fight literally everybody.

I hope for the final dlc we fight Hideyoshi and his Saru spirit lol. To complete the collection of the three great unifiers

Goddamn I am fucking READY, especially after watching that trailer. The tonfas look cool, but what was that thing William used that looked like a fan?

Slightly disappointed that there only seems to be 1-2 new Yokai enemies to fight.

Already? It's been 3-4 months since Dragon of the North. A good tip for the boss you're fighting is to count his swings. He's really predictable once you take a breath and carefully memorize his pattern.

Thanks, just been lazy to go at it. Also doesn't help that I just bought Yakuza 0.

KingV

I'm also curious if the DLC so far had been worth it, in really enjoying the base game so far. Many have said it drags, but I have been ignoring every sub mission and so far it's not so bad (though Joro Gumo about made me tear my hair out).

Van Bur3n

Oh wow, it releases tomorrow. Ain't that something.

I'm also curious if the DLC so far had been worth it, in really enjoying the base game so far. Many have said it drags, but I have been ignoring every sub mission and so far it's not so bad (though Joro Gumo about made me tear my hair out).

First DLC is pretty good. Has what are probably the best bosses of the game.

Rell

AH Titanfall 2 and Nioh update on my day off

>_< I'm not going to sleep

New difficulty let's GO

These seriously the only video games in general I've played this year.

Nioh just keeps on giving and giving, there's a shitload of levels and difficulties as it is.

Titanfall 2 is a game where I say I'm just going to kill a half hour on multiplayer and then before I know it my whole morning is gone.

I'm missing out on other games dammit.

And the side missions aren't really the main offenders here, most of them at least feature unique enemy placement and some challenging encounters with multiple of the same enemies or unusual combinations of enemies from the storyline missions. Most people just gripe that after the first few areas the game trickle-feeds you new enemies, where as games like Dark Souls made sure to constantly have something new for players to look at and listen to. Lots of action games recycle enemies though; the challenge and variety comes from placement and combination. Nioh just has a lot of hours worth of stuff to battle through and definitely does get fatiguing.

Ashtar

You have to have beaten the game to play the dlc right? I'm pretty close to the end but I've lost all my skills and I have to grind some missions to get back in shape

You have to have beaten the game to play the dlc right? I'm pretty close to the end but I've lost all my skills and I have to grind some missions to get back in shape

Yeah the DLC continues the story after the main campaign.

But you can get the new weapons to drop if you install them so it's not a total waste.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Hot dayumn, can't wait to jump back in! Won't be able to play till next week or two though and the wait is going to suuuck.

"You can now play missions you have not yet completed while playing in yokai realm with a companion"

What took them this long?! I hope this counts a completed mission when you do complete it this way!

Oh shit, this means people who dropped it because of this, even though they have bought the game already can finally play it!

Oh Jesus, it looks so good. Some of the new armor in this DLC and the last one look rad as well to the point that I'm actually considering using armor that isn't the Master Swordsman set. Will wait until the final DLC releases before stepping back in though.

Are those new difficulty modes effectively NG+2 and NG+3? I haven't played since before the first DLC was released and wouldn't mind running through the campaign again.

"You can now play missions you have not yet completed while playing in yokai realm with a companion"

What took them this long?! I hope this counts a completed mission when you do complete it this way!

This is great. I hope it counts it too as it would greatly cut down on the time needed to do a co-op run, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Are those new difficulty modes effectively NG+2 and NG+3? I haven't played since before the first DLC was released and wouldn't mind running through the campaign again.

Yes.

Way of the Strong - NG+
Way of the Demon - NG+2
Way of the Wise - NG+3

This is great. I hope it counts it too as it would greatly cut down on the time needed to do a co-op run, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I find that you would not have problems summoning in help, but it feels like I can't get summoned in to help anyone because no one wants help lol.

I find that you would not have problems summoning in help, but it feels like I can't get summoned in to help anyone because no one wants help lol.
I'm more interested in using it for an organized co-op session with a friend which is why I'm hoping that it gives both players completion for the mission. I've done full co-op playthroughs of Demon's Souls through Dark Souls 2 in the past and having to run through the same areas 2 or 3 times in a session can get tiring.

I'm more interested in using it for an organized co-op session with a friend which is why I'm hoping that it gives both players completion for the mission. I've done full co-op playthroughs of Demon's Souls through Dark Souls 2 in the past and having to run through the same areas 2 or 3 times in a session can get tiring.

Ah right sorry, I misread your post.

Top Bottom