• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Frimaire

Fuuuck, there's a P5 Spoilercast this in this week's podcast?
I was planning on listening while playing through the last dungeon...

Dammit, Woolie. What more context do you need to enjoy American Gods? Anything more and you're basically ruining the whole story. Also the episode 2 intro was one of the best and he didn't even mention it. Legit buttangry.

Once FFXV on PC modding blows up, the SBF need to do a stream with the craziest mod combos they can get and still stream on Twitch (because Lord knows there's going to be nude mods and all sorts of other NSFW stuff).

If there's a mod where the boy band is replaced by the Ninja Turtles, it'll be the greatest thing ever.

Anung

Un Rama
Dammit, Woolie. What more context do you need to enjoy American Gods? Anything more and you're basically ruining the whole story. Also the episode 2 intro was one of the best and he didn't even mention it. Legit buttangry.

What's the time stamp on the American Gods talk? I watched the whole thing myself a few days ago and thought it was pretty good. Thought it ended just as it was getting going and didn't have nearly enough crispin glover in it.

What's the time stamp on the American Gods talk? I watched the whole thing myself a few days ago and thought it was pretty good. Thought it ended just as it was getting going and didn't have nearly enough crispin glover in it.

Around 53:30 of the Twitch stream (not sure what time on the podcast download) when Woolie is going over his week. And yeah I think the ending of the season was a bit misplaced, but he's only finished episode 2 and that's when I was hooked.

Their reaction to
Meryl
in Policenauts is amazing
Man, anyone else feel like they're pouring way too much Policenauts out this week? I know Woolie is going to Amsterdam next week, so you'd think that they'd hold back some episodes and push more oneshots.

Inb4 we learn they don't have more oneshots due to the various scheduling shenanigans this month.

Seeing them bumble their way through Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (what a name) makes me want to revisit it. I haven't played it since it came out and I was pretty young at the time (I think 14) and I'm white-as-fuck so I didn't relate to the game's themes and messages. I just wanted to play it back then because it was made by The Collective (RIP).

The game isn't BC on a 360, is it? Might have to buy the shitty steam port...

Seeing them bumble their way through Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (what a name) makes me want to revisit it. I haven't played it since it came out and I was pretty young at the time (I think 14) and I'm white-as-fuck so I didn't relate to the game's themes and messages. I just wanted to play it back then because it was made by The Collective (RIP).

The game isn't BC on a 360, is it? Might have to buy the shitty steam port...

No, not BC between the systems.

Strimei

Man, I loved hearing Pat and Woolie lose it over Meryl in Policenauts and what it might mean.

I can't speak for the show, but I honestly found the book to be ok but kinda meandering and meh at times.

That said, I love the Low-key reveal.

A.J.

Banned
Kay, haven't listened to the spoilercast yet (they're usually my work out cast and I have been slacking at going to the gym :( ) and I have to say, Pat's stance is waaaaaaay more ridiculous than I thought it would be
but he's right

Nah, Pat only cemented his position as wrongness incarnate.

I love love LOVE Pat's rabid anti-Spacenoid prejudice. Fuck Spacenoids.
Yeah, fuck the Spacenoids in UC, the Belters in the Expanse, and any other space colonists who think genocide & atrocities are the way to go.

Incidentally, I'm so fucking tired of Spacenoid bullshit that I refuse to watch any new Universal Century Gundam stuff, because these fuckers just will not learn (and they continue blaming Earth for everything, even when Earth loses).

Sou Da

Kay, haven't listened to the spoilercast yet (they're usually my work out cast and I have been slacking at going to the gym :( ) and I have to say, Pat's stance is waaaaaaay more ridiculous than I thought it would be
but he's right

"from a moral perspective"

You fuck a teacher in this game.

Moaradin

Futaba as a romance option is creepy as fuck. She's pretty much a younger sister figure. All I get is weird power fantasy vibes.

Frimaire

Ehhh, I don't think Futaba's age is really the problem with her romance option, considering that she's only like a year younger than the MC and some of the other romance options.
The real fucked up part about dating her is that she's so emotionally vulnerable and has complete reliance on the MC.
I mean, I guess vulnerability is pretty much the foundation of intimacy, but that's more of an "I can tell you anything" kind of vulnerability, not "I literally cannot function as a normal human being without you".

That's every single Persona 3-5 romance.

Fixed. But then I don't particularly care for the whole social link system in general and think it could be designed to be way more interesting if they just made it so your choices actually mattered instead of it just being how quickly you can bang them out. Of course I completed every SL in the game on my first play through, which either makes me a hypocrite or proves my point, I'm not sure. Maybe both?

Edzi

I mean, I love persona, but the entire romance angle in those games is gross at its core. It's meant to appeal to the loser otaku types.

Top Bottom