• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The new look is giving me bad flashbacks of Star Ocean 4...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That game is the pinnacle of "awkward hyper-realistic anime face" to me. The FMV models looked pretty decent:

starocean4.jpg

But the in-game ones are something else entirely:

*shudder*

I hope they look better than this.

I can't wait for the steady stream of comments to discredit this being proof of anything

"Look how empty those fields are! Clearly the Wii U wasn't strong enough to support more!"
"Lol, only a single mech on screen? Obviously the CPU couldn't handle more"

This level is paranoia is really weird.

TheMink

SSB better have that dude with the kick ass sword.

Man im so hyped.

Next gen consoles coming, wii u getting games.

Could my life get better? I submit that it CANNOT!!!

mihon

But what happens if Lightning Returns sells more in every territory despite turning out to be a turd of a game? Then who eats what? :(

We all eat shit.

I don't really care. I never cared for this. I only need ONE copy anyway.

Numbers mean nothing to me. Specially nowadays...

It's not in the Nintendo Store anymore and the closest Gamestop that has one is 50 miles away in a smaller city. I mean, I could pay the huge mark-up on ebay but it's not worth it to me.

Is it not still available from the Nintendo Store or ebgames online stores?

I got in December in anticipation of getting a wii u.

Try Toys 'R Us guys. That's where I picked mine up from.

Well, considering there are already posts similar to that in the Wii U technical discussion thread...and every Wii U thread by a dev praising the system, not really

but it literally doesnt matter and would only effect you if you think you have a personal connection to the game

but it literally doesnt matter and would only effect you if you think you have a personal connection to the game

It affects me because I'm tired of seeing every Wii U technical thread reduced to those kinds of messages. We literally have people who think they know more than actual devs and who are choosing to ignore their comments

So I had to look up Hiroyuki Sawano up and found out that he composed for Taiyou no Uta which had one of my favorite soundtracks for a TV Drama; are there any other standout examples of his work anyone could recommend?

YES! You, my friend, have great taste!

I don't own this OST but the few songs I've heard from the Tokyo Tower TV drama sounded great too. Here's the main theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdDjlj76E24

Ns' Aoi was really good too, but Sawano only did a little less than half of the soundtrack, but it still sounds great. Here's the song "Determination" which he did and was awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAVzKfh5NVA

I'll also share three songs he did for the anime Guilty Crown. The OST for this show was really sweet. These picks are from the Another Side Cd's that came with the DVD's in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j31xFzVjTQ "No mercy. Don't listen to what they say! NO!" LOL I love this song. Good stuff. "YES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcYMZlL3u4s -Love this one. Some cool ideas and good variety here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlRDfxAdmcs -Male opera. :D

careksims

DAT MUSIC! That brings tears to my eyes! I can't wait for this game! I wonder how far along they are in development. Oh I need it now!!!

A.E Suggs

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That game is the pinnacle of "awkward hyper-realistic anime face" to me. The FMV models looked pretty decent:

But the in-game ones are something else entirely:

*shudder*

I hope they look better than this.

The in game model faces just look like dolls.

thefro

if your feeling this way just because of these games announced it is best that you wait until at least 1 of these games are released before jumping aboard to avoid disappointment.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there will be a price drop (or 2) before this game hits, as well.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The in game model faces just look like dolls.

When I examine them closely I notice that the in-game models inexplicably have rounder faces and eyes about twice the size of their FMV counterparts.

It's bizarre. Why do that?

I hope Monolithsoft will do better, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. They don't have the best track record.

xeno-1b.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Not impressed.

Will wait for some actual solid details on what the game entails, and something other than generic landscape battles being shown.

Will hope for a more evolved Xenoblade. Currently wary of a curveball however.

Can someone make a summary of the elements so far that are similar to Xenoblade in this game?

8409539696_1c567a4e91_o.gif

8408445817_dacd63cdb4_o.gif

The weapons are more reminiscent of Xenoblade and of course the expansive setting and large creatures. Combat and HUD also looks similar to blade.

Mechs and character animu design speaks more generally to Xenogears/saga in my eyes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom