• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop Says The Last Guardian Calls Made in Error

Elginer

LTD4c.jpg

That would suck.

If it was canned I hope Ueda or even just Yoshida would come out and explain what the fuck happened.

The last few months have been pretty embarrassing for SCEJ and Ueda.

I guess it was probably similar to Rising where they just couldnt make a decent game out of the ideas they had.

weeskwee

Banned
this is a GS trick. they know this game is so far off, they want to trick you into moving your preorder over to something coming out soon. or to use it towards their used game selection. :p

daebo

wonder if it is going psn/digitally distributed only and they are going to go ahead and release an unfinished (or not as much as they want) product...

Gravijah

this is a GS trick. they know this game is so far off, they want to trick you into moving your preorder over to something coming out soon. or to use it towards their used game selection. :p

they already have your pre-order money, i doubt they care how far away the game is.

As someone who wasn't overly hyped for the game, and was genuinely disturbed by the way some of the hype manifested itself ("it's like he's looking at his master with awe"), this could be pretty goddamn hilarious.

The odds of a US retailer breaking a JPN development game cancellation are pretty slim, guys :p

I wouldn't expect it either, but that's some fairly specific wording: "We have been notified that the vendor has cancelled production of the game The Last Guardian."

Well, I'm sure Sony PR will be issuing a statement in the next few hours clarifying this one way or another.

faridmon

I didn't know Gamestop were such fans of Ueda. No wonder they are angry and removed the whole game from their database

please don't be true

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I can't blame SCE if it's really got cancelled,better to kill it now than wasting more money on a failed project with no hope I guess.

outside of puzzle mechanics and the stupid kid running,We never see anything that resemble a real video game going on here, it seems like the KP version of MGS Rising where there was an idea but no actual game.

Gamestop is cleaning their books. Most likely due to the indefinite release date. As someone already mentioned, pre-orders count as unearned revenue.

Maybe Rockstar will pick up Last Guardian.

Team Ico + Platinum games cross over.

The little kid is now a super sexy lady and instead of horns on her head she has little head mounted turrets.

the giant cat thing was also changed into some kind of rocket powered robot that you control during a number of space harrier inspired sequences which you play when your traveling through time.

Elginer

I'm sure all is well, go back to playing Uncharted guys, nothing to see here. It's just a mistake.

I HOPE SO!!!

Top Bottom