• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR5 speculation thread Lucid dreams with Rare side effects?

Reiko

Banned
tumblr_lpz2tkE8FZ1qjw7iw.gif

♫DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE♫

TheOddOne

^^ Bahahhahahah.

In all seriousness concerning PGR5, I think the well's run dry. People are really careful now with updating their profiles, so I don't see any major leaks/hints happening for a while.

Reiko

Banned
^^ Bahahhahahah.

In all seriousness concerning PGR5, I think the well's run dry. People are really careful now with updating their profiles, so I don't see any major leaks/hints happening for a whole.

Yeah. Lucid and other devs caught on.

Shaneus

Only thing I can offer of note (that I've been keeping an eye on for a while) is that PGRnations.com is due to expire on the 12th of May this year. Refreshing the Whois page like a madman.

Also, hilarious point of note: On my fake LinkedIn account (evidently, the one I was logged in under when doing some of my sleuthing) I found that one of the visitors to my profile page was Eamon Urtone, the video editor/director who worked at Bizarre for a number of years (and also did work on FM4 and one of the Sonic kart racers). Tehehe.

Reiko

Banned
Only thing I can offer of note (that I've been keeping an eye on for a while) is that PGRnations.com is due to expire on the 12th of May this year. Refreshing the Whois page like a madman.

Also, hilarious point of note: On my fake LinkedIn account (evidently, the one I was logged in under when doing some of my sleuthing) I found that one of the visitors to my profile page was Eamon Urtone, the video editor/director who worked at Bizarre for a number of years (and also did work on FM4 and one of the Sonic kart racers). Tehehe.

Heh. The plot thickens.

saladine1

Interesting.

TheOddOne

Jobs@Lucid – Associate Producer
We are looking for an experienced Associate Producer or someone who has performed a similar role with a development team. You have worked with a medium to large development team from inception to live release, released one title from start to finish or have 18 months experience in game development in a senior or self guided position.

Shaneus

Shaneus

Hope it's at launch. I need a new PGR in my life. A new Geo Wars would be greatly appreciated too.
Well, you won't get Geometry Wars by name, Activision own that. And as of right now, Stephen Cakebread isn't directly associated with Lucid or Rare (or anyone else, for that matter).

m23

If Forza 5 is indeed a launch title, next Xbox day 1. Although I was hoping they take their time with the next gen installment. If it is actually PGR then I hope they keep the IPs separate rather than combining them, keep PGR city racing and Forza circuit racing.

Reiko

Banned
If Forza 5 is indeed a launch title, next Xbox day 1. Although I was hoping they take their time with the next gen installment. If it is actually PGR then I hope they keep the IPs separate rather than combining them, keep PGR city racing and Forza circuit racing.

qerntbbgyy6c.gif

m23

Both at launch? Never gonna happen but if somehow it did...I would go preorder right away. Man this wait is killing me, really want to see what PGR/Forza 5 look like on next gen hardware. Can't imagine what they'll be able to do with the extra power when it comes to mechanics, physics, sound and AI.

amardilo

Oh hey, this might be sumething.

jbaIhxVZx3WigO.png

Wow another nice spot TheOddOne. Rare keep picking up developers with solid racing game experience.

I have no idea what the structure or day to day setup of the current Rare is but they sure are bulking up with some people who have at least worked on some solid games.

Shaneus

Oh hey, this might be sumething.

jbaIhxVZx3WigO.png
Good find!

Wasn't the executive producer at Sumo the one who was originally at Bizarre? Or can they have multiple executive producers at one company?

Edit: So I guess this has been filled? Christ, didn't take long.

Edit #2: I think the dude I was thinking of was Gareth Wilson, who's a lead game designer at Sumo.

Edit #3: I'm thinking of the ad at Lucid, ffs. Nevermind.

saladine1

“We got invited to go into Lucid and Apposing’s office through twitter and they showed us their offices and what they do daily. They make Games/apps for companies like they made the app for CSL sofas!

Both offices were REALLY full of computers and IPhones / IPads/IPods and it was a great influence.

I’m only 9 years old, and it was a great experience at such a young age, and I’m starting to think that I want to do the same when I’m older!

I met a man called Dave who showed me around his office (he was from apposing). And a man called Nick who showed me around his office too (he was from lucid).

The offices were very spaced out and sociable, there were many desks spread out across the room.

In the lucid office, there were nerf guns all over the tables!!! (**LOL**)

When we went to Lucid they were in progress of making a game, but its top secret so I can’t tell you the name, and they showed us a little preview of it. They also made a mountain bike game and working on a racing car game.

Via a 9 year old visitor to Lucid's studios....lol

Shaneus

Great find! Where'd you see that?

PS. Kids are easier to break than adults. I bet if we find out who he is, we can press him for information.

On a completely unrelated topic... how young is too young when waterboarding? Just curious.

Certinty

Forza 5? No thanks.

PGR 5? Fuck yes.

Please let PGR 5 be a launch Nextbox title. Forza can wait, It's been 5 years since PGR 4!

saladine1

Hypothetically.

Good find, though! Need all the info we can get (until April 21 when MS launch the Nextbox with launch title PGR5!).

I'm curious about how that kid mentioned both a motor racing game *and* a top secret game. UNLESS THEY'RE THE SAME THING.

Hasn't the event been pushed back to 21st May?

Yeah, I find it strange too. Like you said, perhaps it's the same thing.

Izick

I'm guessing the recent reports of a new Forza are insiders misunderstanding info. Everything points to Rare making a new racing game, likely a new PGR.

Or all these "insiders" could be feeding us bullshit.

Top Bottom