• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Al Franken should resign after sexually assaulting woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want him to resign over a minor incident that happened more than 10 years ago and that he already apologized for?

If Spacey apologizes is it ok for him?

What if Milo clarifies he was the abused is that okay?

What if Trump grabbed the pussy 11 years ago and the woman says its ok now?

Are these things ok?

Are these things ok?

First of all is there any legitimate evidence that Spacey and Trump sexually assaulted anyone? If there is why weren’t they taken to trial in a timely manner? Why is this all magically coming out now? Because of a “me too” campaign that is actually diluting the situation and taking attention away from real sexual assault victims?

First of all is there any legitimate evidence that Spacey and Trump sexually assaulted anyone? If there is why weren’t they taken to trial in a timely manner? Why is this all magically coming out now? Because of a “me too” campaign that is actually diluting the situation and taking attention away from real sexual assault victims?

Spacey apologized didn't he?

You're kidding, right? Spacey admitted he did it.

If you think #metoo is diluting the "real" accusations you're nuts.

No he didn't. He admitted to groping women, which was most likely just hot air bullshit knowing him. But regardless, that's not assault if they "let" him and are perfectly comfortable with it. The women he hangs out with, if what he's saying is actually true, prolly love that kind of thing...

See above for the admitted bullshit. Also his wife testifying under oath really means nothing, especially when she has something to gain from it.

Mysteriously all the women he supposedly savagely raped went quiet after they realized that wouldn't lose him the election, so I have reason to believe most accusations against him are petty bullshit.

Also is anybody who doesn't blindly hate Trump without evidence suddenly a "trumpet"? Again, the brainwashing is so damn strong...

Nope. Trump is currently being sued by one of the 16 women. The case is expected to go before the New York Supreme Court before the end of 2017.

Dude Abides

Banned
Nope. Trump is currently being sued by one of the 16 women. The case is expected to go before the New York Supreme Court before the end of 2017.

Just to be clear, the New York Supreme Court is a confusing name and it's the lowest trial court, not the highest court as the name would imply. The justice who will be hearing the case is a woman in her mid 40s and a pretty good justice in my experience, not a good sign for Trump.

Edit: I see the MAGA crew is salty their stupidity keeps getting called out. Sad!

robochimp

I'm interested in your opinion of why this is now the "The Donald Lite". A NY Times article is not The Donald. Why not discuss it here? I feel like this particular accusation is somehow an indicator of how we as a society are going to handle issues like this going forward. I have a lot of mixed feelings.

You're not actually discussing anything or voicing any sort of opinion. You posted an article with four tweets and three op eds all saying he should resign only to set a shinning example, most having been written before he called for his own ethics investigation.

Just to be clear, the New York Supreme Court is a confusing name and it's the lowest trial court, not the highest court as the name would imply. The justice who will be hearing the case is a woman in her mid 40s and a pretty good justice in my experience, not a good sign for Trump.

Edit: I see the MAGA crew is salty their stupidity keeps getting called out. Sad!

Thanks! Very interesting. I suspect if the judge upholds the case, it will open the door to further suits from Trump's existing accusers or perhaps even women we haven't heard from yet. Well well well.

You're not actually discussing anything or voicing any sort of opinion. You posted an article with four tweets and three op eds all saying he should resign only to set a shinning example, most having been written before he called for his own ethics investigation.

Actually, my posts have been deleted. Where have my past few posts gone?

I don't. I actually think he was just bullshitting and puffing his ego and gloating to his boy. He's a blatant egomaniac and he thought saying such things would impress that dude he was with. I don't think he actually gropes women like that at all...
The man once told a 10 year old girl, on camera mind you, that in 10 years he would be dating her. Please, stop the bullshit. There is no defense.

You look and act like a mindless fool who parrots the opinions of others.

Just sayin.

Russian troll, give me a fucking break

Ok

Are these things ok?

Huh...context matters. With Al Franken we have one woman who he didn't grope lets be serious. She's wearing a ballistics vest and he's not even touching her. He apologized for that and she accepted. He doesn't agree that the forced kiss happened, so who knows there. He asked for an investigation. Trump has like 16 women coming at him so the whataboutism doesn't work here.

SENSIBLE POST!

Thank Buddha, i was losing hope.

Hmmm....

Go back to your other awesome non oppressive site then.....i'm sure its a veritable paradise compared to here.....dawg.

WTF?

First of all is there any legitimate evidence that Spacey and Trump sexually assaulted anyone? If there is why weren't they taken to trial in a timely manner? Why is this all magically coming out now? Because of a ”me too" campaign that is actually diluting the situation and taking attention away from real sexual assault victims?

K-K-K-Komb0 Breaker! (Why is ***** censored?)

Spacey apologized didn't he?

aaaand he's back.

You know there is a little + sign next to the quote button so you can tag several posts for reply with out making 4 posts in a row right?

The short of it for me is people are allowed to make mistakes, especially if they change and move on. So far there is no evidence that this is a habit for Franken, it happened a long time ago, he apologized and was forgiven. He has been a positive influence in a lot of ways otherwise. Comparing him to people like Milo, and Trump is laughable. Comparing him to a predator like Spacey is a disgrace.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
You look and act like a mindless fool who parrots the opinions of others.

Just sayin.

Russian troll, give me a fucking break

Who's opinions am I parroting? Are there others that think OP is a Russian troll account?

In fact, you also sound like a Russian troll account. Squawk squawk squawk!

gohepcat

Banned
Uggg what a dumpster fire of an OP.

The thread was locked because it’s obviously not made in good faith and obviously trolling. Would you just quickly get to the part where you post a Sargon of Akkad video and complete your race to be perma-banned?

It's too bad they were deleted. I destroyed Dude Abides.

I'm sure you did

ZeV8psX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom