• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things |OT| Hey, you guys...it's our time. It's our time in here July 15th

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
In regards to D&D...

"How'd I know we'd be playing for Ten hours?

You've been playing for ten hours?!"

That got a nice laugh out of me

Cannot wait to watch this. Been looking for a show to binge with my wife.

We watched the first episode of The Night Of, which we both loved, and she was like 'wait, that's it? I thought we could binge through it all?'.

Netflix really has spoiled all of us. :D

realwords

Just realized this was filmed in Atlanta. The lady on the TV newscast in Episode 1 is also an anchor on a local news station here.

element

a9128b43ae351ec512ebfd0cfb5afb0f.jpg

It is getting so good!

RPGCrazied

Cool show. I just binged the first 4 episodes this morning. Like the setting, and the soundtrack too!

Still can't figure out if that thing is a
monster or alien

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Episode 1 was great. Starting 2 now.

I just finished all eight episodes. There is so much good stuff about this show; they really nailed it in so many ways.

Is there room for more seasons?

Sölf

I have finished EP3 now. This is a really good show. I don't really know how to describe it. It sometimes feels extremely like X-Files, but most of it feels more like a Spielberg film. But nontheless, it's a really good show.

noomi

Need to finish Orange is The New Black Season 4, and then I'm all over this.

Mr Robot is also on, HOW WILL I FIND THE TIME?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
End of ep 2 spoilers

So there is some sort of alien/creature running around

Start of ep 3

WELP!

element

Just finished it! Marathon the entire season overnight. It is fantastic! A total homage to 80's kids/teen adventure movies when kids were allowed to explore and get into danger as long as they were home before dinner.

It balances itself really well in the later episode not going too crazy. Excellent writing and acting by the entire cast, especially the kid actors.

Netflix keeps outdoing themselves. Seriously one of their better shows.
Curious if they will think about a second season.

It sometimes feels extremely like X-Files, but most of it feels more like a Spielberg film. But nontheless, it's a really good show.
Feels like Spielberg directing a script by Stephen King!

On episode 3 and loving every minute of it. I'll probably binge watch half the season today since it's my day off.

The music is also really good. The intro reminds me a lot of Mr. Robot.

Episode 1

Oh man, that was f'n awesome. Acting is great, the kids are great, the music is great; everything was great. Except Steve.

I can already tell this will be a classic.

I'm thinking the girl is the chief's daughter, maybe?

Is there room for more seasons?

Not really a spoiler:
There is definitely room for season 2. Closure is provided for this season, but enough is left open to expand into a second season. They are already working on a second season, but it has not officially been renewed by Netflix.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I love how the government agency actually feels dangerous. Adds a huge amount of tension vs. ET where it feels like flashlight tag with the men in black.

Palmer_v1

Glad to hear all these positive impressions. I'm going to marathon it this weekend sometime. Is this one I should watch in the dark to really immerse myself?

Rhaknar

Glad to hear all these positive impressions. I'm going to marathon it this weekend sometime. Is this one I should watch in the dark to really immerse myself?

Not really, its not that kind of horror (or horror at all). Its Spielberg-esque in its vibe

Rhaknar

Episode 3

We full on
Carrie
now!

Episode 3 end

Creature looks creepy as shit. Wasnt expecting Will to be dead (or is he!)

Rhaknar

Quick questing for people that have seen it. is there anything R rated involved? Curious for children.

no. unless something pops up later, but I highly doubt it

its still creepy, and theres still deaths going on, but I dunno how young these kids are.

Episode 2

I see we're diving right on into weird now. Awesome!
That short glimpse of the monster at the end made it look pretty creepy. Poor Barb. :( The stuff in the house was pretty poltergeisty(?) too. I wonder if the kid is in like a pocket dimension or something?
Would be cool.

Geist-

Just started episode 4, this show is pretty amazing. The nostalgia is real thanks to all of the 80s movies my dad made me watch as a kid. I mean, it really captures the spirit of something like ET while being its own thing.

Edit: Also, wow, the emotion feels so authentic. I had tears as during some of the scenes with Ryder.

Dave_6

Nice to read these positive impressions! Going to have to watch a few episodes this weekend if I can find the time.

Sölf

Finished episode 5. Man, still so good.
Also, the monster looks terrifying, even up close. What is this, humanoid with a venus trap mouth?

Top Bottom