• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Ayyyyy Akiba's Trip is hilarious
FC0CE383640BC79E3B656365CB00F77BAC7A391E
7D09D91524FC80F8647815AA2DD5243D5E3B4DC4

151A5A06788997D7141B8E4DD632817343DFB118
E2C0E086F64B863586D7BB6A3D55364C4D84EE7C
CCD3462148C0335A66B48999EE28B5487B8660B7

CA11D84BF585F88073FD236652BFD2453EA75FCE
2E1E601743B21EAAD39353DCA5C8FB3C7054C388
284EA7C842FB1478BC6E6B279A22F57ABB330D58

Also 60 FPS fan patch is great and apparently I can use it to downsample while in borderless windowed gonna try that out later.

Catshade

My first giveaway for the new year, in case you still don't have these already:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-8954D40C1184FE35 - Taken by voodooray
Limbo -- MB-2291432E85E663A5 - Taken by Nyteshade517

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played a bit of Saint Seiya today, its fun. Simple, but fun. I wish the cutscenes actually showed wtf was happening tho, cause unless you've seen the anime, you're shit out of luck. Theres shocking amount of characters and stages to unlock to use in versus tho, but... I know the 5 main guys and little else. I assume its like gold armor variations and shit.

Still, PEGASUS RYU SEI KEN!

giphy.gif

Anime

GOTY:
(5 Points) - The House in Fata Morgana
(4 Points) - Xanadu Next
(3 Points) - Dragon's Dogma
(2 Points) - God Eater 2 Rage Burst / God Eater Resurrection
(1 Point) - Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

I think Fata Morgana should win GOTY because... it's really damn good.

thats a lot of anime.

Ascheroth

header.jpg

GOTY:
(4 Points) - Xanadu Next
(3 Points) - Dragon's Dogma
(2 Points) - God Eater 2 Rage Burst / God Eater Resurrection
(1 Point) - Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

I think Fata Morgana should win GOTY because... it's really damn good.

Is it alright to have the 2 God Eater games count as 1 since you can't get them seperately?

septicore

Been super busy over the holiday period and haven't had much time to do much gaming or browsing.

I'm hoping to get back into it soon and I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this year's 52 games in a year challenge. Gonna be a busy year for me, I think.

Need to figure out my GOTY list.

Spelunky isn't clicking for me. I don't like the feeling that I'm not making any progress in the game.
You are making progress. Progress in Spelunky is skills and knowledge. Playing better and more effectively, learning how to deal with enemies and traps, etc.

SUPERHOT was really good.

Too short for 20 bucks or whatever, but still really good
The meat of the game are the arenas and modifiers. The campaign is really just a tutorial. I've played the game for almost 30 hours.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just went to the Bundle Splits group and bought a bunch of leftover bundle keys. Total $8 for like 50 games, so it's basically a Humble New Years Turd Bundle for me!!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ARK BOX Unlimited -- MB-9CF4E8887F3E7C8B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 5 entrants total.
Apokalypsis -- MB-97E5FF5597B89776 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
D/Generation HD -- MB-9E7BC24580A58A1A - Taken by KainXVIII. 6 entrants total.
Daily Chthonicle: Editor's Edition -- MB-A362F975F37552C8 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Deep Space Dash -- MB-A8A5B28ED35F0A76 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Defense Technica -- MB-BC6D44A80CBE7D17 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Defense of Egypt Cleopatra Mission -- MB-F59A2300866D17FC
Disgraced -- MB-F324F0A565481F00 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Foul Play -- MB-15D8EABA7850F97F - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.
Hade -- MB-98A360A3539AB7D6 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Krampus -- MB-8676E4F16A98D4EF - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.

Mimic Arena -- MB-AC761EBD803238D9 - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.
Mirrored - Chapter 1 -- MB-65BE9093BF867F03 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Orange Moon -- MB-52906675E0592F71 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
PHAT STACKS -- MB-D12AF5A58DD2077B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Rijn the Specpyre in... manor of the Damned! -- MB-E5258D0D2649EC29 - Taken by bobnowhere. 3 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-CD05A8D90345096B - Taken by TheTrain. 1 entrants total.
Runeyana -- MB-5D6B17F2DF4EFD0C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
SAMOLIOTIK -- MB-FF639BFCDCC63CBF - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Space Warp -- MB-E489A98861371F35 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-47EFC0D425C0EAC2
Tiny Guardians -- MB-F5CA1E17E5F28A70 - Taken by Anno. 2 entrants total.
Zolg -- MB-8603198CCC024302 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.

t1483405305z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

CastleStorm -- MB-C985CC068E2F524B - Taken by Mikurden
House of Caravan -- MB-903F5D80F3669A9C - Taken by Mikurden
Lucid -- MB-00E2FEF90ED39AAE - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Pixel Piracy -- MB-1B357707565F88F4 - Taken by Costa1774
Rapid Squirrel -- MB-139A15E9F0FEA29C - Taken by voodooray
Redemption -- MB-BE4C4FA8D3727488 - Taken by Zeeman
Retro/Grade -- MB-59F4F3CE66C0F04D - Taken by Dangerblade
nail'd -- MB-5DCC3F37E730697B - Taken by bobnowhere

Not sure if these work but as far as I know they should be good. I botched the key with nail'd so you'll get two keys instead of one. Assuming they both work, just give one to a friend or something.

AHA-Lambda

header.jpg

GOTY:

(5 Points) - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
(4 Points) - DOOM
(3 Points) - Hitman
(2 Points) - Umineko: When They Cry (Question Arc)
(1 Points) - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

To me, Mankind Divided is an extension and further development of the work that was done with 2011's Human Revolution, allowing for a single but hugely realised hub world for the player to explore in terms of the various options available for traversal and playstyle.
It's clear by now that some elements of the game's overall design were sacrificed in development, but I feel it's gotten a bad rap (relatively speaking) and has been rather cruelly ignored now. I thin this will in time enjoy a Bioshock 2-esque resurgence as people come to appreciate it more.

Wok

Just went to the Bundle Splits group and bought a bunch of leftover bundle keys. Total $8 for like 50 games, so it's basically a Humble New Years Turd Bundle for me!!

How does it work? Do you send $0.16 through Paypal to 50 different people?

We still need to pm him. He also said it was ok to post the list with an explanation about your choices.
Ah, okay. Sent him the full thing

header.jpg

(5 Points) - Inside
(4 Points) - House of the Dying Sun
(3 Points) - Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
(2 Points) - Sethian
(1 Point) - Duskers

Inside is a bleak crescendo of a cinematic platformer, every aspect building upon the other until its incredible finale. Everything coalesces to create an oppressive miasma of unease and tension, where you never feel safe, where every mistake is met with quick ruthless death, and its lean puzzle design is always driving you forward to more haunting imagery and more surreal discoveries.

Maybe the Russian hackers used what they learned from Fallout lol

Wait, so hacking irl doesn't involve being presented with a screen of potential passwords and you get 5 guesses before the system locks down and the robots descend?

Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child was just removed from Steam. Judging by the community activity no one knew it was on steam or cared. Can't even find any keys lurking around such was the lack of impact the game made.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Adventures of Tree -- MB-057EBE258F2EC645 - Taken by MaxiLive
Ludo Supremo -- MB-1EDE082AF1F9AF25 - Taken by krczt23
Balloon Blowout -- MB-FD83871FB9619C3A - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-0F53DDC881C84B75

1 new and 3 leftovers

Ozium

5 points - bad rats show
4 points - bad rats show
3 points - bad rats show
2 points - bad rats show
1 points - bad rats show

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
yay, list wars...

behold the only objectively correct list of the Steam games 2016

GOTY:
(5 Points) - Speedrunners
(4 Points) - Thumper
(3 Points) - DoDonPachi Resurrection
(2 Points) - Xcom 2
(1 Point) - Superhot

EA:
(3 Points) - Subnautica
(2 Points) - Distance
(1 Point) - Take on Mars

Speedrunners takes this home cause its one of the best couch multiplayer games ever made (online multi is great too), it combines the mechanics of micro machines with those of a great jump and run.
Well designed maps and always more coming thanks to Steamworkshop integration and a map editor.
And the skill ceiling of this games is massive. I had so much fun with my friends with this one over the last years that it has to get the top spot after finally leaving early access in 2016.

5 points - bad rats show
4 points - bad rats show
3 points - bad rats show
2 points - bad rats show
1 points - bad rats show

UrCZp6N.gif

My GOTY ballot:

(5 Points) - Quadrilateral Cowboy
(4 Points) - DOOM
(3 Points) - Xanadu Next
(2 Points) - Shadow Warrior 2
(1 Point) - Way of the Samurai 3

I think Quadrilateral Cowboy should win GOTY because it perfectly marries great storytelling with engaging gameplay. Brendon Chung not only created a cyberpunk world that feels truly alive, but also filled it with intelligent puzzles that will require careful planning in order to be conquered.

I didn't play any big DLC released this year, and my Early Access purchases will probably sit there for a bit, so I'd rather not vote for stuff without playing a good chunk of it first.

Aaron D.

header.jpg

Stephen's Sausage Roll
Farming Simulator 17
DOOM
Stellaris
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Stephen's Sausage Roll gets my GOTY vote because it presented a devious puzzle experience, delivered in a lovingly distilled package. The puzzles are quite simple in presentation, yet maddening deliberate in execution. You can't brute-force these guys, there's ONE solution. Bonus props for the inspired lo-fi audio/visual presentation.

If Early Access we're qualified for the primary list, RimWorld would by my #2 overall. But as it stands, I'm pleased as punch that there are additional EA & DLC categories for this list. Seems like so much gaming-goodness if found in these sub-categories that it's a small crime that they're left out of the higher-profile 'Gaf GOTY thread.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
header.jpg

(4 Points) - Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
(3 Points) - Dark Souls 3
(2 Points) - Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
(1 Point) - Shantae Half Genie Hero

I think The House in Fata Morgana should win because the writing is wonderful and the characters have enough dimensions to them and you feel bad for them or angry at them for a reason and not just superficial things that tells you they are bad guys or good guys. There is actually things that lets you see some shades of grey on terms of personalities and morality which is quite interesting to see in a VN since usually things tend to be too black and white in Videogames. The soundtrack is also fantastic and rather memorable since there is nothing quite like it and let me not forget the art which is completely different from the typical anime art in Visual Novels. Overall is a full package in the genre and perhaps some games could learn a thing or two from this one on terms of giving depth to characters and story writing.

Not voting as I haven't played nearly enough from 2016, but if I were to I'd probably include Devil Daggers, Oxenfree, PAC-MAN 256, and THOTH. I played Stardew Valley for about 10 minutes (I do plan on changing that soon), and I can't think of anything else released last year that I played, so I can't even make a top 5.

As for Early Access games, only thing I could possibly vote for right now is Pixel Cup Soccer 2017.

Wok

Steam 2017 edition.

Imagine that you are a young beautiful girl with a tasty body, and it can mean only one thing – you're perfect for... Human sacrifice for an ancient god!
Try to get out of the labyrinth with a help of your teammates, avoid traps that awaits you in your path, and banish a devilish creature to where it came from.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Not voting as I haven't played nearly enough from 2016, but if I were to I'd probably include Devil Daggers, Oxenfree, PAC-MAN 256, and THOTH. I played Stardew Valley for about 10 minutes (I do plan on changing that soon), and I can't think of anything else released last year that I played, so I can't even make a top 5.

As for Early Access games, only thing I could possibly vote for right now is Pixel Cup Soccer 2017.

There's no minimum requirement for how many games you've played or how long you've played them.

Personally, I'd rather see more people vote than not rather than have the list only be representative of folks who have managed to, say, fully complete twenty plus games in a year. You'll only help improve the list if you vote, I say.

Uzzy

Wait, I thought we needed to PM jshackles the GOTY stuff. We're just posting lists here just because?

People are just starting the campaigns for certain games to reach the GOTY list. I don't think my choice for GOTY will make the top ten though, sadly.

There's no minimum requirement for how many games you've played or how long you've played them.

Personally, I'd rather see more people vote than not rather than have the list only be representative of folks who have managed to, say, fully complete twenty plus games in a year. You'll only help improve the list if you vote, I say.

I suppose you're right. Still, feels a bit wrong to say X was the game of the year when I haven't fully experienced it. I definitely couldn't include Stardew Valley in my list. I still have some time though. Maybe I'll get round to playing a few more eligable games.

I didn't play a lot of 2016 games in 2016 so outside of XCOM2, Masquerada and The Deadly Tower of Monsters I'm not sure what my list will entail.

Arminsc

My GOTY List:

(5 points) - Dark Souls III
(4 points) - DOOM
(3 points) - Total War: Warhammer
(2 points) - Oxenfree
(1 points) - SUPERHOT

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-522BF1A74D264A76 - Taken by voodooray
Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome CE #2 -- MB-60BA91516A10FEC9 - Taken by Mikurden
House of 1,000 Doors:Family Secrets -- MB-9A62889A3EB2F23F - Taken by yoshizzle
Party of Sin -- MB-60E7FFFA0D88B6BD - Taken by yoshizzle
Portal of Evil Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-F951952D46B8E7F5 - Taken by Mikurden
Protocol -- MB-76B9B8FD3A28409F - Taken by fuzzy123
Sea Legends Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition -- MB-05276257A81695BE - Taken by Belgarion
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-6F80BDD46FCD3635 - Taken by longlivegaming

Just found another bunch of spare keys hidden away in a random .txt. Again, can't guarantee they work, but as far as I know, they should.

Just found another bunch of spare keys hidden away in a random .txt. Again, can't guarantee they work, but as far as I know, they should.

In case any of you are wondering about those trash dump games, Brink of Consciousness is pretty good, House of 1000 Doors is not bad, and Portal of Evil and Sea Legends are...mmmmnot great, but the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom