• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario + Rabbids Season Pass detailed (New story content, challenges, more)

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-23-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-reveals-season-pass

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is getting a Season Pass encompassing three pieces of DLC.

The first, and most minor of the group, is exclusive to Season Pass owners and available at launch. This DLC will add eight bonus steampunk weapons to the game, each with their own unique stats.

Later this autumn a second DLC will arrive, adding new solo and co-op challenge maps.

Finally, the game will receive a proper story expansion in 2018.

DH7aGXgUQAEChiB.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-season-pass-announced

For $19.99, the Season Pass will include access to the following content:

Available at Launch – 8 unique steampunk weapons will be available, each one with its own statistics. These items will be exclusive to Season Pass owners.
Available This Fall – Players will be able to test their skills with new solo challenges, or with a friend, through additional co-op maps.
Available in 2018 – Players will be able to play through brand new story content.

bbdude

Season passes are so business-centric that it feels like the content are purposefully designed around the schedule. It's basically like dangling carrots in front of consumers' faces to keep them coming back.

I know money has to be made but it feels so heartless

Steiner

Banned
So I've been reviewing M+R and I've been hoping and DYING to hear news about a season pass. Y'all will be really glad about this after you dive in. One more weeeekk until we can all geek out together, fam.

watershed

Banned
No price announced? I'll probably beat the game before deciding if I want to do a second playthrough with the season pass.

jacobeid

Banned
So I've been reviewing M+R and I've been hoping and DYING to hear news about a season pass. Y'all will be really glad about this after you dive in. One more weeeekk until we can all geek out together, fam.

I like where this is going.

Next Tuesday is Mario Rabbids, Yakuza, and Windjammers day. BLISS.

Gaspard

When does the embargo go down?

Crazyorloco

More co-op levels and story expansion coming!

Definitely getting this game.

you are killing me lol can't wait.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Season passes are so business-centric that it feels like the content are purposefully designed around the schedule. It's basically like dangling carrots in front of consumers' faces to keep them coming back.

Well, at least in those rare occasions one enjoys a game sufficiently it's a bargain. I don't regret MK8 season pass one bit.

OP, anything for peorderers?

Because of course Ubisoft...

Tons of recent Nintendo games have had significant amounts of DLC and a few season passes as well, get used to it from whatever game company it is.

If it's good, then I'm all for more content. I have not been a bit disappointed by any of the DLC I bought for MK8, Smash, BotW, Hyrule Warriors etc., and as this seems structured to be very similar to the BotW season pass, I'm expecting to like this as well.

Watch them add Rosalina as a playable character.

All Lightning memes aside, I don't see why that'd be an issue in a game like this; it's got multiple playable characters from the Mario universe, of which she's a part. It'd be like them making Toad or Bowser playable in a non-platform Mario title, which is fairly common.

Berordn

If the challenge maps and the story expansion ends up being good then I'm all in. This game continues to be the surprise that keeps on giving.

I mean

Yes? The season pass content is planned while the main game is being developed

It would be incredibly stupid to not plan post release support

I noticed when it was announced at E3, that the Japanese version isn't coming out until next year. I wonder if they're holding off until all the DLC is out. Total speculation on my part though.

More game is cool with me as long as the price is right.

Ed - Ah, $20. Not bad. Figure it's probably like Zelda where the story expansion is the main attraction.

duckroll

Season Pass looks identical to the Zelda BotW one. Throwaway freebies at launch for diehard fans, a not so substantial QoL DLC a few months later, and then a big story one much later.

Top Bottom