• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin Thread of Hard Summer Justice Slam !

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
normally i enjoy going over to hang with my friends on Tuesdays and watch Raw (thanks to jobs and kids, it's easier to watch on DVR for all of us)

tonight, not so much

Jeff Albertson said:
I need some Markswaggle gifs, love him or hate him he really is getting reactions from the crowd these days.

I hope he gets a title shot somewhere down the line I feels he deserves it.

markhenryclicksheelsinair541-2.gif

Forkball

According to Twitter, Gregory Helms taught Piven that spot.

Tonight on ECW it's Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian for the ECW Championship in a hardcore uh I mean EXTREME RULEZ match.

JdFoX187

Banned
Forkball said:
According to Twitter, Gregory Helms taught Piven that spot.

Tonight on ECW it's Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian for the ECW Championship in a hardcore uh I mean EXTREME RULEZ match.
It's the only way to make Tommy Dreamer look legit these days.

JayPad

Banned
Lkr said:
Markswoggle is the best thing Raw has right now. That is pretty sad imo

The best thing on RAW is when Jericho graces us with his deliciously hilarious hypocrisy, gotta love it!

DMczaf

Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk spoilers

*Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk. Jeff gets in Matt's face but Matt won't even look him in the eye, glaring away. Hardy is outside of ring enforcer. They went back and forth with a solid bout. Hardy went to the top but Punk cut him off. Punk nailed a superplex off the top for a two count. Punk nailed a martial arts combination and went for GTS but Hardy avoided. Punk rolled up Hardy but was kicked out of the ring. Hardy did a dive out onto Punk. The Hardys faced off outside. Punk hit a sliding kick but Jeff moved and Matt got hit. Jeff took Punk down and went for the Swanton. Punk got his knees up and went for the pin but at 2, Matt pulled the referee out of the ring. Punk began screaming at Matt but Jeff rolled him up from behind and Matt counted a fast three. A shocked Punk attacked Jeff and beat his head into the announcing table, then beat him with a chair. He stuck Hardys head in a chair and ran him into the ringpost.

Teddy Long came out and asked Punk if he was proud of himself and Punk said he was because Matt Hardy screwed him. Punk said he was and he wanted his rematch. Long said if Hardy can defend the title by Summerslam, Punk will get it...in a TLC match. Punk was pissed about the stipulation.

*CM Punk comes out and says he will stay the course and teach the fans the difference between right and wrong, even if so far all his work just seems to make the fans love Jeff Hardy more. He said that this is just another obstacle in his life that he will overcome. They showed Punk's attack on Hardy last week. He said the fans love Hardy because he is just like them and none of them have the strength to be straightedge. He said none of them can be strong like him. Punk said they can boo him but the truth sometimes hurts and he will continue to tell it. The crowd was all over Punk. He accused the crowd of gobbling prescription medicine like Pez. He went on and on about all the vices people have that he doesn't do...smoking, marijuana, alcohol. He told the fans that they need a straight World champion...they need CM Punk.

Hurry the hell up Friday!! Shit is getting real

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
laserbeam said:

This is the gimmick Mark Henry should have been doing for most of his career.

Has he EVER been over as a heel? "Sexual Chocolate" was by far his most over gimmick. He just seems to fit the comedic face role very well.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
DMczaf said:
Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk spoilers

Hurry the hell up Friday!! Shit is getting real

what the hell are they doing with Mattitude? He has been fucking gold as a heel.

Striker

Apparently Vince McMahon was seen laughing uncontrollably backstage during some of Dr. Ken's skits on RAW this week. McMahon was said to be pleased with Ken and Piven's performance.
:|

Regal and Burchill teams on Superstars. Moar tag teams.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently Vince McMahon was seen laughing uncontrollably backstage during some of Dr. Ken's skits on RAW this week. McMahon was said to be pleased with Ken and Piven's performance.

Of course Vince would like a character like Dr. Ken. How in the world did I not see this coming?

smackdown looks so hot this week, i'm looking forward to
Morrison vs Kidd, the IC title match with R-Truth vs. Mike Knox vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Finlay, plus the main event of Meth Hardy and CM Punk
. dammit i wish it was friday already.

Plinko

From a Stephanie McMahon interview:

She also said that they were talking to Freddie Prinze Jr., Bob Barker and the Reverend Al Sharpton about hosting Raw in the future. You can check out the full article here.

:lol :lol :lol

Lkr

BillRiccio said:
smackdown looks so hot this week, i'm looking forward to
Morrison vs Kidd, the IC title match with R-Truth vs. Mike Knox vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Finlay, plus the main event of Meth Hardy and CM Punk
. dammit i wish it was friday already.
Damn it, I wish I got MNTV

Mr. Sam

Wait, why did
Matt save Jeff? That's still not a face thing to do. What about fairplay!?

Oh, and
another TLC match!?

What Vince likes is the exact opposite of me :(

...please go away old man.

Not reading those SD spoilers BTW, want to be surprised for once

Well done New Japan!! Wonder if TNA will be straight with the fans like they should be or will they do some BS storyline to hide this.

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/
New Japan today issued a press release to formally invalidate Team 3D’s IWGP Tag Team Title defense against the British Invasion tandem of Doug Williams & Brutus Magnus. They lost the belts in a recent “defense” that New Japan show no acknowledgment of, a vintage tactic of American pro wrestling groups lacking on the moral side going back many years (who can forget the on-the-fly IWGP Heavyweight Title defenses in WCW that New Japan never recognized either?). Team 3D are still the IWGP Tag Team Champions and their next defense will be one -recognized- by the parent company of the belts, New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

hertog

Grecco said:

I loved that Nitro. But I was a kid a a major NWO mark. I was so happy they were back together and out smarted Goldberg. Now I realise it was a very big money match, both leaders of the NWO facing each other for the belt.
The crowd was so fired up (those were the days...) for this match. But as big of a letdown as it was, Bisschoff is the greatest guest commentator ever. The entire Nitro he didn't speak a word, but when hogan won he was the happiest man alive:lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
hertog said:
I loved that Nitro. But I was a kid a a major NWO mark. I was so happy they were back together and out smarted Goldberg. Now I realise it was a very big money match, both leaders of the NWO facing each other for the belt.
The crowd was so fired up (those were the days...) for this match. But as big of a letdown as it was, Bisschoff is the greatest guest commentator ever. The entire Nitro he didn't speak a word, but when hogan won he was the happiest man alive:lol
That nitro was the beginning of the end for WCW

ReiGun

Mike Adamle has apparently been contacted for a role as Raw guest host. He's been on the local news here in Chicago covering sports and a couple days ago he announced that WWE has called him with the offer. Adamle only revealed that tidbit and didn't get into details or whether or not he'd accepted.
Please except...I mean accept. Pulled an Adamle. :p

hertog

GaimeGuy said:
That nitro was the beginning of the end for WCW

I know, I got this book

WCW%20Death.jpg
Great read.

But I was 13 at the time of that Nitro and loved every second of it. I wonder how the 13 year old me would enjoy RAW now-a-days....

JdFoX187

Banned
I liked Adamle :(

I don't know if it's because I grew up watching him on American Gladiators or what, but I still liked him on ECW and Raw. He was great, especially with his fuckups. They should have kept him and ran with that shit. Be so much better than the "guest hosts" they have right now.

kobashi100 said:
Well done New Japan!! Wonder if TNA will be straight with the fans like they should be or will they do some BS storyline to hide this.

http://www.puroresufan.com/njpw/
I would have bet a billion dollars they would lose them to Bernard and Anderson at DOMINION, but apparently their seemingly interminable 7-month run will carry on. Every defense has been worse than the last.

EDIT: Also NOAH is running a really stupid angle for Shiozaki's V1 defense against Saito.

090804_01.jpg

http://noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=1478&td=20090804
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/headlines/20090726-00000005-dal-fight.html

So, I was thinking. Pepsi contains Caffeine, right? And Caffeine is a psychoactive stimulant drug. So, if CM Punk likes and drinks Pepsi, does that mean he is not Straight Edge?

Quick Jeff jump on this one!!!

BigKaboom2 said:
I would have bet a billion dollars they would lose them to Bernard and Anderson at DOMINION, but apparently their seemingly interminable 7-month run will carry on. Every defense has been worse than the last.

EDIT: Also NOAH is running a really stupid angle for Shiozaki's V1 defense against Saito.

090804_01.jpg

http://noah.co.jp/news_detail.php?news_id=1478&td=20090804
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/headlines/20090726-00000005-dal-fight.html

Yeah Dudley's need to lose the titles ASAP. I looking forward to the day NJPW end this relationship with TNA.

As for Noah. I am shocked they are doing this.

Dambrosi

Banned
BigKaboom2 said:

some dude on Wrestlechan said:
NOAH is holding a memorial show for Misawa. The main event is going to be Go Shiozaki vs Akitoshi Saito (yes, the guy who unintentionally killed Misawa).

>On navi news, Shiozaki demanded backdrop from Saito. "Even if I receive it I'll stand up". And said reason for that match is "revenge".

-Source:SSS

Bear in mind that, according to rumours, after Misawa died, Saito allegedly tried to commit suicide, and was threatened and even attacked by fans. Even if that's not true, the poor guy can't be in the most robust of mental states right now. Making him wrestle this match - hell, having this match at all - strikes me as NOAH desecrating the fans' memories of Misawa for profit. Whether that's their intent or not, this match is in horrible taste, and should be canceled IMO.

I literally cannot fathom this. Fuck, even Vince wouldn't do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom