• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
How long do you guys think we have until we get into One Piece territory of 5 minutes of recap at the beginning of an episode?

YoungOne

How long do you guys think we have until we get into One Piece territory of 5 minutes of recap at the beginning of an episode?
I don't think ever remember the show is ahead of the manga. One piece needs some filler or a break for the manga to gain some lead.

Champa offscreen when Kale transformed.: "Not going to lie, I thought she was going to be the Tien of our universe."
Jiren oneshots her.
Champa: "And I was right."
lol
They only have ~18 minutes or animation per episode

It's like I said, if they want to fit all the written content in they can't pad the episode with reaction shots
I guess but they included that useless Champa conversation

Skeeter49

We need a slice of life episode after this tournament where Satan is watching the TOP on Godtube, and is trying to convince Zeno that all the fighting is smoke and mirrors.

J4g3r

jvfZdDP.png

Skeeter49

I'm not saying Goku isn't holding back, but it's pretty f*cking dumb to transform from base into SSB and then hold back to base level. Like.. why transform.

Depends on the situation. For Krillin, Goku specifically asked him what his next move was after he went Blue, since a few months ago he saw Krillin at his worst, too scared to fight. It was to test him, to see if he could overcome his fear and fight, it wasn't about power. We see that when he has to snap himself out of it when he's shaking.

For 17 and Kale, it was most likely they were both above SSJ2, but maybe not at SSB level, not saying they aren't, but if they're above SSJ2, SSB is the better option than SSJ3 due to the stamina drain. Blue is a heavy stamina drain apparently, but I'm assuming it's more of a drain than SSJ2, but less of a drain than SSJ3. With 17, there's also the fact that Goku can't sense his energy, so he doesn't know what to expect from 17, and needs to be at his strongest on the off chance 17 is up there.

I'm assuming full power Blue is more draining than lower levels of Blue.

If they're going to continue using Blue like this, I do think they should visualize it with the aura, so we know what's intended. Less aura if he's holding back, more aura if he's exerting more energy maybe.

Right now the only 3 people we know Goku went full power against, since Goku went Kaioken against them, they are Bergamo, Gohan, and I'm counting Toppo since Goku went SSB Kaioken even though he didn't fight Toppo like that. Next week will tell us where 17 is at, and give us an idea of if he held back with 17 or not.

Sony

Nintendo
Depends on the situation. For Krillin, Goku specifically asked him what his next move was after he went Blue, since a few months ago he saw Krillin at his worst, too scared to fight. It was to test him, to see if he could overcome his fear and fight, it wasn't about power. We see that when he has to snap himself out of it when he's shaking.

For 17 and Kale, it was most likely they were both above SSJ2, but maybe not at SSB level, not saying they aren't, but if they're above SSJ2, SSB is the better option than SSJ3 due to the stamina drain. Blue is a heavy stamina drain apparently, but I'm assuming it's more of a drain than SSJ2, but less of a drain than SSJ3. With 17, there's also the fact that Goku can't sense his energy, so he doesn't know what to expect from 17, and needs to be at his strongest on the off chance 17 is up there.

I'm assuming full power Blue is more draining than lower levels of Blue.

If they're going to continue using Blue like this, I do think they should visualize it with the aura, so we know what's intended. Less aura if he's holding back, more aura if he's exerting more energy maybe.

Right now the only 3 people we know Goku went full power against, since Goku went Kaioken against them, they are Bergamo, Gohan, and I'm counting Toppo since Goku went SSB Kaioken even though he didn't fight Toppo like that. Next week will tell us where 17 is at, and give us an idea of if he held back with 17 or not.

I know, I'm not talking about the Krillin fight. But in general, why transform to a stronger form just to hold back to a level you didn't need to transform for. Doest make sense. Thanks for the writeup though.

ezodagrom

I know, I'm not talking about the Krillin fight. But in general, why transform to a stronger form just to hold back to a level you didn't need to transform for. Doest make sense. Thanks for the writeup though.
He could be holding back to a level higher than SS2, and so, the need to go Blue.

Fj0823

Because he's Goku. He likes starting slow and test the opponent. Vegeta called it his weakness in this series

We've seen him go SSJ2 against Vegeta despite having 3. Same for Black despite having Blue.

He started fighting Hit in base form despite knowing all about his powers.

Here He's saving energy and 3 is shit so he started slow in blue after he noticed 2 wasn't enough. He underestimated Kale and he paid for it.

He could be holding back to a level higher than SS2, and so, the need to go Blue.
Basically this

Sony

Nintendo

Because he's Goku. He likes starting slow and test the opponent. Vegeta called it his weakness in this series

We've seen him go SSJ2 against Vegeta despite having 3. Same for Black despite having Blue.

He started fighting Hit in base form despite knowing all about his powers.

Here He's saving energy and 3 is shit so he started slow in blue after he noticed 2 wasn't enough. He underestimated Kale and he paid for it.

Basically this

Oh yeah, I forgot Super completely fucked SS3.

Baleoce

Kind of surprised that Frieza is still messing about with chumps in that arena rather than laying down the law on more notable fighters. He always strikes me as ambitious normally. Like that line about him wanting to reign over Zeno and put him in his place. But err first I've got to play with these useless protein-shake weightlifters from U10 or something.

Slaythe

I won't argue with you on that. SS3 jobbed against Janemba and Buu. But were it not for SS3 keeping Buu busy for as long as it did, Buu would have won.

What ? In the manga ssj3 is just shit though.

Ssj3 Goku vs Buu is barely one chapter and Goku says right away he can't focus and finish him off so he asks Vegeta to step in, and that's the end of ssj3.

NEO0MJ

Kind of surprised that Frieza is still messing about with chumps in that arena rather than laying down the law on more notable fighters. He always strikes me as ambitious normally. Like that line about him wanting to reign over Zeno and put him in his place. But err first I've got to play with these useless protein-shake weightlifters from U10 or something.

Waiting for the last five minutes before going crazy 😂

I actually can't recall. Has the SSJ3 form ever come out on top in a fight?

I think SS3 Gotenks had the edge during the fight with Super Buu, but because Gotenks is such a showoff he lost.

Sony

Nintendo
What ? In the manga ssj3 is just shit though.

Ssj3 Goku vs Buu is barely one chapter and Goku says right away he can't focus and finish him off so he asks Vegeta to step in, and that's the end of ssj3.

I don't/didn't read the Manga. Anyway, he hasn't won a fight, but he contributed. He has a very bad track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom