• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea Boots: Yay or Nay?

Don't like them.

Mostly for the lack of laces and stitching.

I have a pair of West Haven chukkas, and those are more my style.

91log1At2xL._UX395_.jpg

Hmm, for me these or, doc martins,mechanics boots, or combat boots are really comfortable. I don't have a pair of these though even though I've always wanted some.

I say go for it OP, don't forget your zuit suit, white jacket with sides that's five inches long
bad Who joke, I'm sorry.
Or dress up like Roger Daltrey.

kyser73

I think they look pretty good but they also look extremely uncomfortable.

Take about a week to break in, once jays done they're super comfortable.

I'm a Brit so this whole thread is weird anyway since they're really commonplace there and here in Aus, but they're a great pieece of footwear as they happily go with jeans and more formal attire.

Black leather though. Can't stand the suede version.

Mr Swine

Banned
I have about 2 pairs of women Chelsea boots with a bit higher heel. Feels better and fits my foot better than the male version (can't find any in my size)

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Beats me. I think they look fucking stupid as hell, but I'm a 31-year-old man who still wears skate shoes.

I have 4 pairs, and I love them to death. It really only works with certain types of styles and body types though. I only wear them with skinny jeans.

I liked the $40 dollar ones I got from ASOS so much that I ended up buying way more expensive ones from Common Project and Oros.

Also women seem to really dig em. An overcoat, a crewneck sweater or long sleeve, skinny jeans, and chelsea boots is one of my favorite looks.

They look good but i Don't like them. They're like level 1 gear for an online RPG player who hasn't decided what class to build on.

I like boots with more rugged look.

oneils

Not a fan. I've been looking for a pair of desert boots that are comfortable on me. No luck yet. I Do have some 6inch leather boots and some winter leather boots that are great, but haven't had much luck finding something that works for me in the summer.

I find them particularly boring. I don't see the appeal.

Then again I'm very much a punk rocker so nothing will ever overtake steel cap combat boots as far as I'm concerned:

9758a05e875a11e562af2d8440cc3158--dr-martens-punk.jpg

Spuck-uk

Banned
Chelsea boots are for sensible people that realise brogue boots are the fedora of footwear.*

*They only look good on people so old they get a pass for not dressing better.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I find them particularly boring. I don't see the appeal.

Then again I'm very much a punk rocker so nothing will ever overtake steel cap combat boots as far as I'm concerned:

9758a05e875a11e562af2d8440cc3158--dr-martens-punk.jpg

Tall Doc Martens can get in the bin as well. Unless you're a hot young goth lady these have no place in a wardrobe.

legend166

Am I missing something? Men have worn those in Australia as long as I can remember. R.M Williams.

Is this like when annoying trendy people started wearing ugg boots and acted like they were some fashion item even though everyone in Australia wears them purely as a practical thing (and only at home).

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
My dad has a pair. He is a farmer. He wears them while farming. It is not a hipster shoe.

entremet

My dad has a pair. He is a farmer. He wears them while farming. It is not a hipster shoe.

lol. They must be worn as heck. I wouldn't wear them for super physical stuff. Not enough protection for the feet, plus the sides have the thinner fabric.

Chelsea's are more city than country style wise.

Nikodemos

I have a pair of standard black leather ones. I wear them during winter as a sort of formal-ish attire with a pair of classic straight-cut black jeans. I think they look wierd when worn with skinny jeans, but then again I don't like skinny jeans at all.

Also, brogues are for middle-aged white men who think that putting holes on shoes makes them looks classy.

Top Bottom