• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

You'd think the point she got on stage and started talking like a SUPER VILLIAN people would be like, maybe the people of Richmond might start raising eyebrows or something.

"You're here to kill us, Javi, and everyone knows it!"

"Yeah!"

"These two were going to help you, so they both deserve to die!"

"Yeah!"

"But! I'm not going to kill both of them!"

"... y-yeah?"

"And I'm going to let you decide which one survives!"

"I don't--wait, what?"

This is what happens to Appalachia after a week without the Southern Poverty Law Center.

MrHoot

Man the L.A noire LP has been so incredibly good.

And I don't mean only the LP but I actually forgot how well voiced this game was, and how engrossing it is. I regret now having never completed it back then, but I've looked a bit ahead and there's so many bits I'm looking forward to

No, they got the newspaper showing what went down.

Oh NO ! That's such a good scene tho ! We'll never get to see it then ?

I feel sorry for Pat. He likes playing down his health issue but not being able to excrete his wastes is a really terrible situation.

I hope you're doing well, Pat.

I'm glad Hellblade looks pretty good. Ninja Theory always had their heart in the right place--they've always been trying to make fucking awesome games--even if they weren't able to deliver. There's nothing but upsides in them finally delivering.

joe2187

Banned
So far it seems like the combat serves no purpose other than gameplay for gameplay sakes since it's just thrown at you with absolutely no context or buildup.

Disgraced

It seems like Hellblade would be good for a full LP
I really don't think so. Videos didn't sell me on the game at all. The Zaibatsu's video wouldn't have sold me on it. When I played it myself, I understood.

That audio is very important. It's more than half of it. It's an (unfortunately) uncommon situation where audio commentary tarnishes the experience; a lot is lost in the transposition.

Anung

Un Rama
Hope they figure out the parry.

Hearing Woolie was on controls was a bit of an interest dampener. I'm 20 minutes in and he still hasn't figured out you can actually run. How hard is it to maybe look up the controls before or during the start up period?

Still, due to the games source material I'm glad it's Woolie and Pat instead of Matt.

But yeah, I'm nearing the end of Hellblade and it's realllly good.

Okay, time to clear something up about LA Noire:
Matt, Pat, and Woolie have seen the newspaper where Dr. Fontaine jabbed Courtney with morphine and made it look like an OD.
They're currently doing the "totally not an atomic bomb blowing up LA" DLC.
They have not gotten to the whole "Courtney is dead and Roy's there" scene.

Disgraced

Okay, time to clear something up about LA Noire:
Matt, Pat, and Woolie have seen the newspaper where Dr. Fontaine jabbed Courtney with morphine and made it look like an OD.
They're currently doing the "totally not an atomic bomb blowing up LA" DLC.
They have not gotten to the whole "Courtney is dead and Roy's there" scene.
Yeah... I'm watching the LP too and I've beaten LA Noire. It seemed like you were posting about unreleased episodes. Thanks for clearing that up.

EndMerit

So does Hellblade have some issues or is it actually pretty solid/good? It looked like something I could recommend to couple of my friends, but after checking the video's comments for more insight, I noticed that I somehow had a gun in my mouth.

So does Hellblade have some issues or is it actually pretty solid/good? It looked like something I could recommend to couple of my friends, but after checking the video's comments for more insight, I noticed that I somehow had a gun in my mouth.

It's got some weird stupid youtube drama. Totalbiscuit originally bitched significantly about the thread of permadeath (that is, as they commented, removing the save file entirely). Then when it turned out that it was actually extremely hard to get to the point of permadeath (you kind of have to actually try to get it) TB started screaming about how the developers lied.

Knowing youtube, because the game does its best to represent mental illness and features a female protagonist with regular proportions, they probably think it's the work of satan.

Also wow fuck me, I remember resolving to actually update the thread with their in progress LPs and I didn't do that since actually posting this damn thing. Fixed and added the side channels.

Anung

Un Rama
Wow, the comments section on that video is trash. Sometimes I forget that most of this fandom are made up of twats.

Comments section is hilarious. Dude bitching that pat's only playing this because of his psychology degree, that Ninja Theory are always hacks because of DMC and they can never be forgiven for it, and lovely bits like these:

Well, thanks for playing this boring garbage instead of literally anything else.

This shit is basically critic darling tailor made for tossers like Jim Sterling - physically undemanding non-game with pretentious "look, we have psychology drop outs working on our game!" Too bad he's so torn about it because it has GAME BREAKING BUGS.

you know its a bad game when it takes 25mins to see any combat

and then this caught me off guard

It's the intro song playing over a 5 minute photoshop job. But it's still more blood, sweat and tears than dsp has put into his already 30 part Hellblade series. It's just amazing to me how little a youtuber could give a fuck about their audience.

There, I read through them so you don't have to.

Speaking of Pat and gaming communities, does he post on GAF at all anymore? It always sort of amused me Matt was the banned one and not him.

Matt was aggressive in shitting up a thread, Pat never really did that, and he hasn't been seen in this thread since the troubles. He mostly posts in the FF14 topic.

SilentRob

Just had to come in here to also say that the Hellblade video has one of the worst comment sections I have ever seen. Jesus fucking christ.

Would actually love to see them playing through the game. Pat's perspective would be really, really interesting.

It's got some weird stupid youtube drama. Totalbiscuit originally bitched significantly about the thread of permadeath (that is, as they commented, removing the save file entirely). Then when it turned out that it was actually extremely hard to get to the point of permadeath (you kind of have to actually try to get it) TB started screaming about how the developers lied.

Totalbiscuit being a drama-progenating arsehole-enabling voice of toxic gaming communities? Never.

Xux

Ugh...Enough about DSP and TB; back to good YouTubers.

Hopefully now that Austin is settled back home we can get another episode of the Arcadea podcast; the first one was pretty good.

Also, Woolie laughing a lot on the podcast was pretty great. I wonder what Pat and he are playing next. *checks Woolie's Twitter* :D

Village

Totalbiscuit being a drama-progenating arsehole-enabling voice of toxic gaming communities? Never.

Remember that time he was more upset about people calling out Jontron being racist than Jontron being racists. And when people called him out for being a fucking coward he blocked comments on soundcloud because he's a coward that doesn't actually like discourse.

Fun times

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Whelp, I'm finally done with P5, and as I was wrapping it up I got a chuckle as I listened to the podcast and them dumping some praise on the story. Maybe it's cause I figured things out wicked early (still, it got a few good twists on me). I take back what I said, this would have been a terrible LP like holy shit. Though, I am glad they did the first few parts because they pointed a thing out that would let me appreciate a big nod at the end.

P5 spoiler cast when

Was it ever going to be anything else?

I'm still waiting for the video where Matt talks about Godzilla in a bikini

I really don't know how Pat doesn't freak out more in Walking Dead. This game just CONSTANTLY shits on you in regards to being able to make choices, and if I was playing it instead of them I think I would have said fuck off and deleted it by this point.

I really don't know how Pat doesn't freak out more in Walking Dead. This game just CONSTANTLY shits on you in regards to being able to make choices, and if I was playing it instead of them I think I would have said fuck off and deleted it by this point.

I mean they get paid to play it. That probably helps.

Order

I saw a dead squirrel in the middle of the road today, my first thought was "That's a big wipeout"

They've ruined me

Disgraced

So far it seems like the combat serves no purpose other than gameplay for gameplay sakes [...]
After spending more time with it, I can say this is not the case. It handles quite well and is just complex enough to be engaging and satsifying in context. The first couple encounters don't demonstrate this as well as they could and in the video Woolie was fumbling with it.
Combat seems like it'd be dull after a while, but the story has its hooks for sure.
Now, I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say this isn't the case eventually. But going by lots of others' impressions, it doesn't seem so.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
After spending more time with it, I can say this is not the case. It handles quite well and is just complex enough to be engaging and satsifying in context. The first couple encounters don't demonstrate this as well as they could and in the video Woolie was fumbling with it.Now, I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say this isn't the case eventually. But going by lots of others' impressions, it doesn't seem so.

Woolie said that the moveset was unlocked from the get go, you just had to figure it out. How complex are we talking here? Because what Woolie fumbled with, it looked very basic three hit combo. Anything neat?

After spending more time with it, I can say this is not the case. It handles quite well and is just complex enough to be engaging and satsifying in context. The first couple encounters don't demonstrate this as well as they could and in the video Woolie was fumbling with it.Now, I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say this isn't the case eventually. But going by lots of others' impressions, it doesn't seem so.

I'm saying this entirely from the perspective of someone checking out a few videos of encounters that are all basically the same. Enter area, enemies spawn, slash slash block dodge slash, maybe there are more than one bad guy at a time. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of enemy variety. But maybe it's satisfying to play, the parry sure as hell looks like it's great.

Top Bottom