• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South African retailer lists The Bioshock Collection (PS4/X1) for November release

it absolutely destroys the main game, horrible treatment of its universe. it plays well but the narrative is like someone sent you a turd in the post for your birthday
Hyperbole, but I get it

The one thing I didn't like was
the Daisy retcon
. That, to me, was pure garbage

The rest seemed harmless enough. Infinite was already a "don't worry about it, just try to enjoy the ride" narrative, and the DLC was no different

gogosox82

Would probably buy even though I didn't enjoy Infinite all that much. But if it comes with all the dlc, I would finally get to play it since I never got around to playing Minerva's Den or any of Infinite's dlc and I would get to play Bioshock 1 again at 1080p/60 (didn't have a gaming pc at the time so I've never played it on pc).

Nizz

1080/60 and all content for all games and I am so, so there.
All I need, basically. The art style in the first Bioshock (the only one I played so far) I remember liking and to see that in 1080p and 60fps would be nice. If it's all 3 games 1080p/60fps that would be awesome. 2k seemed to do a good job with the Borderlands Handsome Collection (especially after a patch that pretty much locked the game to 60 I believe).

If it's a Dishonored DE situation that would be disappointing...

Pez

I imagine this will get the Dishonored HD treatment, especially if no one from Irrational is around to say otherwise.

angelic

Banned
Hyperbole, but I get it

The one thing I didn't like was
the Daisy retcon
. That, to me, was pure garbage

The rest seemed harmless enough. Infinite was already a "don't worry about it, just try to enjoy the ride" narrative, and the DLC was no different

harmless? it absolutely
ruins the life of elizabeth, she has a miserable day and winds up broken and dead
. i hate that retcon too, i dont like the heavy handed tying up of the bioshock and the infinite universes either. i would argue its not harmless at all, its actively a nasty experience all the way through (story wise). i absolutely despise it.

Huggers

Day one. The first Bioshock was my 3rd favourite game of last gen after TLOU and Galaxy. Be awesome to play it in 60fps and 1080p

Bioshock Collection? Please just have 1+2. Infinite was garbage.

It tried to be clever but every clever aspect of the game was shoved down my throat it wasnt even funny.

I haven't played the first and second Bioshock since my first play throughs. Would kind of like to go through them again.

Hopefully this supposed collection will include all 3 games.

Lol almost like they read the thread from the other day. I'll defo be up for it though, not as bothered about Infinite as the PS3 version is good enough, even the previous gen/PC Bioshock 1 & 2 are decent enough, but who wouldn't want to revisit Rapture in even more glorious HD :)

I want to replay Minerva's Den a LOT, and I never played the Infinite DLC. So I am totally up for this at full price, if it's all of those things. And I will replay the entire thing.

So, the listing for this was removed. Completely. I live in SA and use this store, so I threw it on my wishlist when I read this thread yesterday to keep track of it and it doesn't even show up there.

Endless

So, the listing for this was removed. Completely. I live in SA and use this store, so I threw it on my wishlist when I read this thread yesterday to keep track of it and it doesn't even show up there.

Here's a screencap

The-Bioshock-Collection.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
it absolutely destroys the main game, horrible treatment of its universe. it plays well but the narrative is like someone sent you a turd in the post for your birthday

Eh, I didn't see it destroying anything at all. Just strengthened the already existing bond between the two.

What was wrong with it?

harmless? it absolutely
ruins the life of elizabeth, she has a miserable day and winds up broken and dead
. i hate that retcon too, i dont like the heavy handed tying up of the bioshock and the infinite universes either. i would argue its not harmless at all, its actively a nasty experience all the way through (story wise). i absolutely despise it.
It sounds like you just wanted a happy ending. The happy ending went to the real Booker and Anna seen post credits in Infinite. The DLC finishes the tragic story of the superpowered Elizabeth we come to know in the main game

woen

I hope it will be more than just a 1080p@60fps* version. Bioshock 1&2 maxxed on PC got old.

*yeah it isn't even guaranted...

Anyway I never finished Bioshock and Infinite and I waited for this. I'd really like to go in depth with these games.

angelic

Banned
Eh, I didn't see it destroying anything at all. Just strengthened the already existing bond between the two.

What was wrong with it?

i didnt like the ham fisted connecting of the universes, i was happy with "always a girl and a lighthouse", and the subtle events of infinites main game like the music plagiarism through tears. and i hate the treatment of elizabeth

angelic

Banned
It sounds like you just wanted a happy ending. The happy ending went to the real Booker and Anna seen post credits in Infinite. The DLC finishes the tragic story of the superpowered Elizabeth we come to know in the main game

bingo, i really did. shes the star of the game for me, and suffers the most. i especially hate being told to care for some random little sister who suddenly means everything

Jombie

I highly doubt it will be in 60 fps; it's apparent poison to consoles, but if it's in 1080p and contains all the DLC I'll be there.

Jay Sosa

I can't wait until we get remakes of early PS4/One games.

Wtf people really hated infinite?? I thought that game was awesome.

I really enjoyed 1 and Infinite, i never played 2 or any dlc for any game. Would definitely pick up a collection

At first everyone seemed to love it but a few moths later more and more threads popped up about how "awful" the game is (for various reasons). Haven't played it so I have no idea.

I highly doubt it will be in 60 fps; it's apparent poison to consoles, but if it's in 1080p and contains all the DLC I'll be there.

Then where's the point?* They should at least wait with all those ports until they figure out how to run last gens games in 60fps.

*no need to answer that.

beast276

Neo Member
I have all 3 on PC and Bioshock 2 on 360 and I'm still gonna buy this. I love supporting this series in any way I can. Even read the prequel book that was really good

Don't shoot me, I'm just a messenger

But, a polish video game site has now listed this. Gry-Online, maybe some Polish Neogaf residents can verify how accurate website is?

They state:

The biggest change in BioShock Collection compared to the original releases of games is improved graphic design. Use the power offered by the platform the PlayStation 4 has enabled the authors to increase the resolution to 1920x1080 and offer a smooth 60 frames per second. In addition, improved quality of textures and visual effects, and load levels performed significantly faster.

Single player only.
Includes 1, 2 and Infinite as well as Burial At Sea 1 and 2 apparently. No word on Minerva's Den.
They have the date as January 2016.

eFKac

Don't shoot me, I'm just a messenger

But, a polish video game site has now listed this. Gry-Online, maybe some Polish Neogaf residents can verify how accurate website is?

They state:

The biggest change in BioShock Collection compared to the original releases of games is improved graphic design. Use the power offered by the platform the PlayStation 4 has enabled the authors to increase the resolution to 1920x1080 and offer a smooth 60 frames per second. In addition, improved quality of textures and visual effects, and load levels performed significantly faster.

Single player only.
Includes 1, 2 and Infinite as well as Burial At Sea 1 and 2 apparently. No word on Minerva's Den.
They have the date as January 2016.

This is not a very accurate website. I'm sure I can still find that Oblivion on PSP is coming and release date is TBA. They have a lot of outdated info, sometimes inaccuracies

But.

That reads like they jumped the gun on a press release, too long of an article and a lot of specifics, so I doubt somebody made it up.

If it was all three games and they got the same kind of treatment as the Metro Redux package I would definitely be interested in picking this up. Down the line when I have nothing else to play. For about £10.

Top Bottom