• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Cool Thor Ragnarok art:

swiyksi6hzzy.jpg

What is it with marvel and trash posters? Spiderman now joins Ultron, ant-man, and that terrible IMAX civil war poster in the WOAT category.

Just random shit thrown together with no cohesion.

Quick

Banned
Do you guys remember this?

giphy.gif

Or when this happened?

25-civil-war-008.nocrop.w529.h373.gif

Thats why he put this in the next suit he build:

giphy.gif

#ItsAllConnected

It's still the same suit from Civil War (unless they said otherwise), so the parachute was already built in to begin with.

The Kree

Banned
I doubt a parachute would work for those heavy arse armours. Spidey on the other hand?

Iron Man armor probably doesn't weigh more than a few hundred pounds. With Tony inside, around a quarter ton. It's not a stretch for a parachute to handle that. Militaries probably drop crates from planes around that weight.

The landing would probably hurt though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Iron Man armor probably doesn't weigh more than a few hundred pounds. With Tony inside, around a quarter ton. It's not a stretch for a parachute to handle that. Militaries probably drop crates from planes around that weight.

The landing would probably hurt though.
Mark VI canonical weight is 260 pounds

SpaceWolf

Banned
Question to the community: What actors would you wish to see pop up in a future Marvel project?

Personally, my biggest wish for the longest time was always to see Cate Blanchett turn up in a Marvel film, which is just about to come true with Thor: Ragnarok.

Apart from Cate, though....

Tom Hanks.

Xtw9IjH.jpg

Toni Colette.

170px-Toni_Collette_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

And Patrick Wilson.

220px-Patrick_Wilson_MFF_2016.jpg

(Even though I recognise that DC got to them first with Aquaman, damn them)

SpaceWolf

Banned
Also, for the Moon Knight origin movie I've been writing in my head for the past few years, I'd cast...

Dan Stevens as MARC SPECTOR, a cynical yet slightly eccentric mercenary who eventually dons the iconic white cloak and becomes the hero known as Moon Knight.

MV5BMTY0NTY5OTI2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkzMzIxMzE@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Keira Knightley as MARLENE ALRAUNE. A deeply intelligent, fiercely driven woman who accompanies her father to Egypt as part of an expedition.

85HThXg.jpg

Jim Broadbent as DR PETER ALRAUNE, Marlene's father. A leading British Egyptologist and archaeologist who leads a historic dig in Egypt in a bid to uncover a legendary ancient tomb.

5Okw4ud.jpg

Jean Dujardin as JEAN-PAUL "FRENCHIE" DUCHAMP, Marc's closest friend and fellow mercenary.

k9hhjwO.jpg

Peter Mensah as RAOUL BUSHMAN, a ruthless and power-hungry African mercenary who betrays and almost murders Marc, sparking off the series of events that eventually leads Marc Spector to become Moon Knight.

MV5BMTEyMjE3MTIyNTleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDc2MDI5ODc@._V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
Spiderman: Homecoming official soundtrack tracklist revealed:

1. Spider-Man Television Theme
2. The World is Changing
3. Academic Decommitment
4. High Tech Heist
5. On a Ned-To-Know Basis
6. Drag Racing / An Old Van Rundown
7. Webbed Surveillance
8. No Vault of His Own
9. Monumental Meltdown
10. The Baby Monitor Protocol
11. A Boatload of Trouble Part 1
12. A Boatload of Trouble Part 2
13. Ferry Dust Up
14. Stark Raving Mad
15. Pop Vulture
16.Bussed a Move
17. Lift Off
18. Fly-By-Night Operation
19.Vulture Clash
20. A Stark Contrast
21. No Frills Proto COOL!

20. A Stark Contrast

fry_squinting.gif

Hope that means what I think it means.

For me, it all started with:

"Just call us SHIELD..."

Capped off with:

maxresdefault.jpg

That's when I realised we could be in for something special.

That scene alone was crazy to me, but his appearance in Incredible Hulk was even crazier. That was when I really felt "holy shit, this is actually gonna happen".

SpaceWolf

Banned
I didn't know Iron Man had a post credits scene for years. I didn't find out until after the first Avengers film released.

You'd think I would've known.

True Story:

(Walking out of film studies with a friend of mine)

Friend: Dude, have you seen Iron Man? I've become obsessed with that movie!

Me: Yeah, I thought it was great! It really took me by surprise!

Friend: Yeah, I got the DVD a couple of weeks ago. I must have rewatched it about a hundred times. Although...don't you think it would be cool if they used Robert Downey JR for an Avengers movie or something later down the road? Like, Iron Man could team up with The Hulk or something!

Me: Well, you never know! There was that post-credits scene, after all!

(Long pause)

Friend: ....what post-credits scene?

After I told my friend about it, he went a bit pale before running straight home to check it out.

True Story:

(Walking out of film studies with a friend of mine)

Friend: Dude, have you seen Iron Man? I've become obsessed with that movie!

Me: Yeah, I thought it was great! It really took me by surprise!

Friend: Yeah, I got the DVD a couple of weeks ago. I must have rewatched it about a hundred times. Although...don't you think it would be cool if they used Robert Downey JR for an Avengers movie or something later down the road? Like, Iron Man could team up with The Hulk or something!

Me: Well, you never know! There was that post-credits scene, after all!

(Long pause)

Friend: ....what post-credits scene?

After I told my friend about it, he went a bit pale before running straight home to check it out.
That's almost exactly what happened to me!

Top Bottom