• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

So I posted this at the time but it's eating me up so I gotta talk about it more.

Watched a movie at hers the other night, she seemed a bit distant, then told me she's feeling like crap, doesn't know if she's ready for a relationship, and doesn't want to lead me on, so I went home.

She texted me an hour or so later to apologise, and said I'm an amazing guy but she's just a mess right now. I told her to take some time and get her head straight.

It'll have been 2 days now with absolutely 0 contact between us. Should I reach out to her and ask how she's feeling, or just leave the ball in her court to hit me up when she's ready (if she ever does)?

I've never had as much immediate chemistry with someone as I have with this girl, our personalities are just so in line and I so don't want to lose her :\

Absolutely not. It's time to checkout.

Also lose her? Wat? It was like 3 dates?

Peltz

So I posted this at the time but it's eating me up so I gotta talk about it more.

Watched a movie at hers the other night, she seemed a bit distant, then told me she's feeling like crap, doesn't know if she's ready for a relationship, and doesn't want to lead me on, so I went home.

She texted me an hour or so later to apologise, and said I'm an amazing guy but she's just a mess right now. I told her to take some time and get her head straight.

It'll have been 2 days now with absolutely 0 contact between us. Should I reach out to her and ask how she's feeling, or just leave the ball in her court to hit me up when she's ready (if she ever does)?

I've never had as much immediate chemistry with someone as I have with this girl, our personalities are just so in line and I so don't want to lose her :\

Jerk off and move on. She's gone man.

notaskwid

I've never had as much immediate chemistry with someone as I have with this girl, our personalities are just so in line and I so don't want to lose her :
raw

Gonna get blind with the work guys tonight. That should make me feel better.

Sorry it went down like this. My last girl and I hit it off soooo well too. It was insane. Then she dumped me. But, best lesson I learned this past year is that you can't expect anyone to feel any way about you. Attraction is complicated and relationships are even more complicated than mere attraction. It's a fools task to try to deduce what went wrong. There's a chick out there that will love you bunches.

Also yeah delete her number

Edit: I always thought the number deleting advice was dumb and short-sighted. But, it's really helping me get over stuff. It kinda draws a mental line in the sand. It's cathartic.

I'll delete her in a few days if she doesn't contact me.

Do it now. You already know her area code, I'm guessing. So you'll recognize the number if she actually contacts you. Or, if you aren't in a cosmopolitan place like me, you can email yourself her number and archive it.

But you don't want it easily accessible.

Trust me, this tactic is incredibly important.

I hope my date doesnt want to go out after our walk on saturday, I spent all my money getting boozed up yesterday and today.

Its going to be hot as hell on saturday so maybe just walk by the ice cream place. I could splurge on a bubblegum flavor ice cream in a sugar cone. Invite her back to my place for some Mr Noodles.

Ok you balders, what does norwooding mean?

"To take someone's work and present it as your own; plagiarizing. To present without proper credit or acknowledgement given."

Wait wut. How does plagiarising work with dating? lol

Story time cuz I'm bored. Yesterday was pretty sweet. I was at that Irish pub and sat next to these 2 guys at the bar. I jumped into the conversation when they started bashing Trump. 1 guy was from New York and the other guy was from here in BC Canada. We were having a decent talk and then the Canadian there started to get a bit drunk and was getting a bit belligerent. So when he asked for his bill he started being super rude to the bartender and me and my USA buddy looked at each other like wtf is dudes problem? Then once you could see that he was making the bartender feel really uncomfortable I piped up and told him to just pay his bill and get the fuck out. She was all like thank you so much for that and gave me her number.

Then me and USA went to another Irish pub (im 1/2 Scottish 1/2 Irish and love my Irish pubs) and ordered way too much food so I took our untouched plate of nachos up to a table full of girls and asked if they wanted them. They said sure, only if we joined them. So me and USA joined them and then danced to some live music. Had fun there.

Then bartender texted me and said we should go back there because the live band there was good. They play some good ol Irish folk tunes. So we went back there and the bartender just started feeding us free shots of tequila and pints. I got sloshed and when the band went up me and USA were the only 2 people on the dancefloor. I was dancing up a storm which is usually when you can tell I'm drunk.

Then I met a waitress that works there and she joined us for drinks when she was done her shift. Then I ended up brining her home. Fuckin good night.

Then USA texted me this morning to go have some day beers before his flight out to go back to New York so I met back up with him for a few before he headed out. Nice dude for sure. Probably hit him up if I ever find myself in the big city.

I swear I have more fun on random days like that when I go out solo than I do when I go out with my buddies.

Salamando

I look like shit in 90% of the photos taken of me for some reason. People always tell me I look way better in person.

Are these people also telling you that you look like shit in photos? That just sounds like bad photography...light and focal length can make your body look grossly out of proportion.

Now, if they think you look awesome in photos and you think you look like shit, that's another issue entirely.

Seems that way. Its like you are forcing yourself to meet new people and be more social. When I go out with buddies it tends to get a bit too cliquey. When people found out that we just met and that he was on vacation I think it made us look like fun and friendly people.

Jzero

Are these people also telling you that you look like shit in photos? That just sounds like bad photography...light and focal length can make your body look grossly out of proportion.

Nah dude believe me I was a photo major for a good bit, some people just don't look good in photos.

Nah dude believe me I was a photo major for a good bit, some people just don't look good in photos.
I thought the whole point in photography was finding the beauty in anything. You're telling me there are people who are lost causes? Who can never get a good angle and are doomed to be unphotogenic undateable losers?

"To take someone's work and present it as your own; plagiarizing. To present without proper credit or acknowledgement given."

Maybe a reference to the position of a nice guy who hangs around someone he likes, offers her emotional intimacy/support hoping she'll see him as more than a friend one day only for a balding motherfucker to come along and start dating her.

I thought the whole point in photography was finding the beauty in anything. You're telling me there are people who are lost causes? Who can never get a good angle and are doomed to be unphotogenic undateable losers?

Being unphotogenic results in being undateable? Learn new things every day.

Maybe a reference to the position of a nice guy who hangs around someone he likes, offers her emotional intimacy/support hoping she'll see him as more than a friend one day only for a balding motherfucker to come along and start dating her.

Honestly, trying to find logic or sound reasoning in any of his posts is looking for a headache.

Jzero

Most people don't have a competent/professional photographer following them around to make their photos look compositionally good. I don't know where the fuck you got the unphotogenic = undateable bit from.

artsi

Norwooding+NeoGAF in google takes me to this post by our (now banned) red piller, lol.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239715155&postcount=103

Cope. Men are in their primes at 17-21. Norwooding and skin degradation destroys your looks like nothing else. Probably only <0.01% of men in their 30s are actually attractive and those are mostly the genetically elite like athletes, male models and celebrities and even then they looked better in their 20s.

Hair loss, I guess? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Honestly, trying to find logic or sound reasoning in any of his posts is looking for a headache.

Yeah, I mean...

The two worst parts of aging are norwoodism and skin degradation. For the latter I NEVER go a single day without applying sunblock every 2-3 hours during the day. NO exceptions, even if I'm not going out or it's raining or overcast. Retin A as well. For the former I plan to get my doctor to subscribe me finasteride and get a forehead reduction eventually. This can delay it but the age pill catches up with everybody eventually. My long term cope is that 50 years from now (hopefully I live to 73) there will be some way for doctors to reverse the damage done by aging. So I'll get the aging damage reversing treatment every 10 years or so to keep extending my life span. Then eventually it'll be possible to transfer your brain into the body of a robot. It'll probably take a while before the operation becomes accepted and mainstream like plastic surgery so I'll dump my life savings into getting one done early on and transfer my brain into an artificial body customized to look like a 20 year old male model. It'll probably be like 5-10 years before everybody's doing itso for that brief glorious moment I'll be able to enjoy life as an actual human. Then after that it'll just be a complete fucking arms race of aesthetics until everybody is an 8'1'' 300lb 7% bf 24 inch dicked super human with perfect features and skin.

What the fuck...Where do you even begin with this shit.

Most people don't have a competent/professional photographer following them around to make their photos look compositionally good. I don't know where the fuck you got the unphotogenic = undateable bit from.
From all the people here complaining about not being photogenic on their dating profile pics so that's why they never get any matches.

We're friends on Facebook anyway.

My albeit limited experience with dating, is that Facebook is a catalyst for nothing good when you're just getting to know someone. I found this out with a girl a few years back - had a great connection with her, and definitely felt like it should have blossomed into something more - but once it moved from a few dates and texting, to "friends" on Facebook, all that mystery was gone. Suddenly, you both know what the other is doing at all times, know who all their friends are, hobbies, music tastes etc (assuming all that is made public to you). Now, I'd completely avoid adding any girl I was into on Facebook.

I met a gorgeous girl the other day (she looks a bit like Ellie Fanning). She started getting my bus in the morning and I hadn't seen her before. She'd started getting on at my stop and initiated the "Good Morning". It was only today, day 3, I actually plucked up some courage to move the conversation forward. Truthfully though, I'm not sure if she's interested or just incredibly friendly (she says "good morning" to everyone!). Monday I'll probably just go all in and try and set up a date. No point dancing around it - I'm 33, no time for bullshit. Plus, she's at Uni, so she's only back on island for the summer.

(I live on a tiny island in the Irish sea called the Isle of Man - population about 80,000. Dating here is basically non-existent, because everyone knows everyone. You can't just go out solo because a). all the clubs are shit and b). you'll know everyone anyway. Nice to meet someone I don't know!)

All this photo talk has got me curious, what do you guys think of my tinder pics?
Some are cropped more in the app, and some look crap looking at them on my computer screen compared to the smaller phone screen.

My albeit limited experience with dating, is that Facebook is a catalyst for nothing good when you're just getting to know someone. I found this out with a girl a few years back - had a great connection with her, and definitely felt like it should have blossomed into something more - but once it moved from a few dates and texting, to "friends" on Facebook, all that mystery was gone. Suddenly, you both know what the other is doing at all times, know who all their friends are, hobbies, music tastes etc (assuming all that is made public to you). Now, I'd completely avoid adding any girl I was into on Facebook.

Yeah after 5 dates she just added me out of the blue.

I think the one with the dog has poor lighting and you look kind of tired. Other than that, I think they look good. Someone might comment that a pic of you standing next to a girl by yourself might seem weird but I'm guessing that's your sister or something? In any case, I think the first pic and the Paris pic are great.

Luckily I just received notice that I need to improve my fitness to a certain level for my latest job application, so that's helped in kicking me into training mode again.

All this photo talk has got me curious, what do you guys think of my tinder pics?
Some are cropped more in the app, and some look crap looking at them on my computer screen compared to the smaller phone screen.

Personally I think the photos themselves are good (and dude, you have some hot friends), but I think having lots of women in your photos might put other potential girls off. Like you're a bit of a player. You perhaps want to balance it out with some photos of you with the lads.

Photo with dog - good. You like animals, women'll love that.
Any kind of outdoors travelling photo - good. Women love a well travelled and cultured man.
Add in a photo of you with a niece/nephew, especially of toddler age and you'll be swimming in the poontang.

Just lose the all female photo - that's competition (even if its not, it is).

(Disclaimer - none of my photos are any of the above, so take my advice with a huge pinch of salt).

Yeah after 5 dates she just added me out of the blue.

Friendzoned. I don't want to be Facebook "friends" with someone I've trying to get with.

Yeah I wanted a pic with my dog but I don't have any good ones (unless a use a pic of just her without me in it).
And yeah that's my sister, not that any potential matches will know that.

Haha when I'm with the lads I don't take photos. I'll have to try and get one though because that's a fair point.

Yeah I wanted a pic with my dog but I don't have any good ones (unless a use a pic of just her without me in it).
And yeah that's my sister, not that any potential matches will know that.

Haha when I'm with the lads I don't take photos. I'll have to try and get one though because that's a fair point.

Apologies then fella, I just called your sister hot!

Kneck

Hey, I'm reading here for a while now, but I want to contribute too now.

So last weekend I had a soccer tourney and there were some women teams too. (Not a serious tourney, just for fun)
I had fun with one of the woman on the after party. And exchanged information. We went away from the party for a while, but didn't think much of it though.

Later on Monday, I still asked her out. But she said she was to busy on a project and wanted to focus on that.
So yea, I didn't bother talking to her anymore and kinda wanted to forget her. But the next day, she asked if we could still get together when she is done with her project.

We talk now everyday, but I kinda still feel it's going nowhere and she just like the attention. Should I continue this or not?

Hey, I'm reading here for a while now, but I want to contribute too now.

So last weekend I had a soccer tourney and there were some women teams too. (Not a serious tourney, just for fun)
I had fun with one of the woman on the after party. And exchanged information. We went away from the party for a while, but didn't think much of it though.

Later on Monday, I still asked her out. But she said she was to busy on a project and wanted to focus on that.
So yea, I didn't bother talking to her anymore and kinda wanted to forget her. But the next day, she asked if we could still get together when she is done with her project.

We talk now everyday, but I kinda still feel it's going nowhere and she just like the attention. Should I continue this or not?
Did she call it a date or just hanging out?

Norwoodism = going bald

Benzy, photos look good. Get rid of the one with the 3 ladies and take one where you're wearing something other than tshirts and shorts.

Definitely reach out. Some people just bottle up and get too afraid to reach back out.

edit: actually nevermind, it's not worth the headache. I just realized you haven't been dating long

Peltz

Story time cuz I'm bored. Yesterday was pretty sweet. I was at that Irish pub and sat next to these 2 guys at the bar. I jumped into the conversation when they started bashing Trump. 1 guy was from New York and the other guy was from here in BC Canada. We were having a decent talk and then the Canadian there started to get a bit drunk and was getting a bit belligerent. So when he asked for his bill he started being super rude to the bartender and me and my USA buddy looked at each other like wtf is dudes problem? Then once you could see that he was making the bartender feel really uncomfortable I piped up and told him to just pay his bill and get the fuck out. She was all like thank you so much for that and gave me her number.

Then me and USA went to another Irish pub (im 1/2 Scottish 1/2 Irish and love my Irish pubs) and ordered way too much food so I took our untouched plate of nachos up to a table full of girls and asked if they wanted them. They said sure, only if we joined them. So me and USA joined them and then danced to some live music. Had fun there.

Then bartender texted me and said we should go back there because the live band there was good. They play some good ol Irish folk tunes. So we went back there and the bartender just started feeding us free shots of tequila and pints. I got sloshed and when the band went up me and USA were the only 2 people on the dancefloor. I was dancing up a storm which is usually when you can tell I'm drunk.

Then I met a waitress that works there and she joined us for drinks when she was done her shift. Then I ended up brining her home. Fuckin good night.

Then USA texted me this morning to go have some day beers before his flight out to go back to New York so I met back up with him for a few before he headed out. Nice dude for sure. Probably hit him up if I ever find myself in the big city.

I swear I have more fun on random days like that when I go out solo than I do when I go out with my buddies.

r8XNZ.gif

It was more of a hanging out, I guess. But suggested some things to do.
You're good. Set a date and make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom