• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft promise a Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends demo.

I don't get this "petition". Would anything change in terms of you buying the game now or later? Since when does "Competing with GTA5" matter especially when GTA5 isn't releasing on WiiU?

The Wii U version is done. The only reason Ubisoft is delaying it until September, is so it can be day and day with the 360/PS3 SKUs. People just want the game now, but Ubi is holding it hostage.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Is that another joke twitter facebook account?

MrKaepora

A demo?

s5ibn9.jpguwjg8.gif

Foffy

Banned
I hope the demo ends with a code Wii U users can use to buy the game at $20, considering the game would be at that price come September if the game came out this month.

That would actually be more logical than this fucking stunt.

Huh? How is that applicable at all? I'm referencing the fact that the dev team is super pissed they had to work long hours, miss their friends and family, to finish a game upper management had no intent on releasing. Are you saying they don't have the right to be mad?

Neither you nor the devs know when the decision to delay the game was finally made. Unless you have proof that management willfully fucked their employees, it's a rather shitty thing to accuse them of. Not denying that devs worked their asses off to meet a date they were given that was ultimately changed, but it happens. I bet the folks working at Rockstar also have been working incredibly hard to hit the Spring release date, only to have that moved as well. It comes with the territory unfortunately.

Portugeezer

Better to have stayed quiet.

Neither you nor the devs know when the decision to delay the game was finally made. Unless you have proof that management willfully fucked their employees, it's a rather shitty thing to accuse them of. Not denying that devs worked their asses off to meet a date they were given that was ultimately changed, but it happens. I bet the folks working at Rockstar also have been working incredibly hard to hit the Spring release date, only to have that moved as well. It comes with the territory unfortunately.
We know what the developers said, which is enough.

guek

Banned
I don't get this "petition". Would anything change in terms of you buying the game now or later?

Uh, yeah. Buying the game now...or later :p

A lot of people are uncertain now whether they'll buy this game in September whereas they were 100% sure of a purchase later this month. I'm one of those people.

It's not a matter of quality but of practicality. It's just far more likely that there's going to be too many other high profile titles that would grab people's attention then over this game. For me, that seems likely. I'm not boycotting the game but the went from a guaranteed purchase to an unlikely one for myself and a lot of people.

Raist

Banned
I hope the demo ends with a code Wii U users can use to buy the game at $20, considering the game would be at that price come September if the game came out this month.

That would actually be more logical than this fucking stunt.

The demo end with a code for a 50% discount on Assassin's Creed 4 (720/PS4 launch game).

This!! Is why i like miiverse. Such a powerfull way to get to the devs. All wiiu owners can read it and as long as you post "nice" it does not get deleted!

Actually it seems like when it comes to critical posts Nintendo has been pretty hands off about moderation...the youtube app got a pretty heavy beating when youtube stopped working in the wiiU browser and that got quickly fixed

guek

Banned
Actually it seems like when it comes to critical posts Nintendo has been pretty hands off about moderation...the youtube app got a pretty heavy beating when youtube stopped working in the wiiU browser and that got quickly fixed

Supposedly they were a bit lax or slow on the miiverse moderation last night...whether that's because of sheer volume or sympathy, guess we'll never know haha

I'm not sure how to feel about this. RichIGN needs to write an article so I can tell if this is good or bad.

Edit: RichIGN knew what he was doing yesterday, but he at least used twitter to promote the petition so he's not a complete dick.

tkscz

So you screw us AND the devs with the delay, then expect us to forgive you because of a new demo? No Ubi, no. Release the game and give the devs a rest. That will make us forgive you.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ubi, you shouldn't have! See, I still have 28 runs left on the original demo, which should last me through January, when I bargain-get the full game. You really shouldn't have.

Jeah i meant when you do not include the fucks etc. It is really a good way to let yourself hear.

Ofcourse when you do good the miiverse lets you know that, if u do bad you also gonna know :p

Btw.. Sucks to be the devs. Game is finished and now they need to make another demo.. Nice going ubi

There's only one thing ubisoft could do to make this good at this point, and that's to release the game.

I doubt they have the balls, but I wonder about making it a DD-only WiiU timed exclusive...

The_Monk

I wish this news could have been delivered in Video form.

I really wanted them to say this with a serious face to Wii U owners/Rayman fans.

massoluk

Banned
Come August:

"We appreciate our fan and their passion for our game. We're very excited for the latest entry to the Rayman Franchise launching in 3 weeks. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we're delaying Wii U version in order to optimize the experience for its unique controller! Please wait for it, however you can still enjoy Rayman Legends PS3 and Xbox 360 next month. Please understand that this unfortunate delay is to make the experience more enjoyable for the fans. Thank you."

mackattk

Neither you nor the devs know when the decision to delay the game was finally made.

That is proof enough that management willfully fucked their employees.

Supposedly they were a bit lax or slow on the miiverse moderation last night...whether that's because of sheer volume or sympathy, guess we'll never know haha

They don't moderate criticism. They stay with the Guidelines, but with so many posts it's hard to keep up really.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Maybe we'll be getting a WiiU/PS3/360 exclusive demo once the game gets delayed on all platforms to December for the additional OUYA release.

Wow, so a demo...oops an exclusive demo...is supposed to make up for the fact that you have the game ready and just won't release it because you want time to port it to other machines? Thanks...I guess.

Uh, yeah. Buying the game now...or later :p

A lot of people are uncertain now whether they'll buy this game in September whereas they were 100% sure of a purchase later this month. I'm one of those people.

It's not a matter of quality but of practicality. It's just far more likely that there's going to be too many other high profile titles that would grab people's attention then over this game. For me, that seems likely. I'm not boycotting the game but the went from a guaranteed purchase to an unlikely one for myself and a lot of people.

Yes but it still baffles me in a way. Let's say there's a new Zelda coming out. It's looking awesome. It's releasing Next week. Nintendo says "we are delaying it till September because we want to release it with it's 3DS port", does that change the fact that it's going to be a game that people want to buy? Does it really matter what the release date is?

Yes, it is frustrating that the game is being held "hostage" but if you are a fan of the original or if you loved the demo and want the final game, release date should be the last thing in everyone's mind.

Ubi dev 1:"Yay! the game is over now we can go have more time with our families!"

Ubi executive:"Not so fast guys! we just announced the 360/PS3 versions!"

Ubi dev 2:"Right...but...the Wii U version is finished so other team can..."

Ubi executive:"Yeah....no, Wii U is delayed to september so you can polish the game even more alongside doing the ports!"

Ubi dev 3:"The fuck with that! I barely saw my wife in all those months!

Ubi executive 2:"You're wife is doing good! trust me! HAHAHA"

Ubi dev 3:"FUCK YOU!""

Ubi executive:"Now now...so rude, I think you and your companions need some extra work to learn some manners so....now you also have to do another Wii U demo"

Ubi devs:"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ubi executive 2:"What are we gonna do with that demo?"

Ubi executive:"Exclusive demo for compensation to Wii U users"

Ubi executive 2:"That's brilliant!"

Ubi executive 1:"I know! HAHAHHAHAHAHA"

Top Bottom