• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arbys to sell venison (deer) sandwich Oct 21st, 1 day only

SaviourMK2

Unlike McDonald's, it'll be nationwide.
The sandwich will include thick-cut, marinated venison steak and crispy onions topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted roll.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...r-sandwiches-nationwide-day-article-1.3558773

636198925978962493-ARB16-Venison-cut-silo-For-Release.jpg

Hunt, stuff and mount my head on a wall if old.

Derwind

These promotions never seem to make it to Canada. Might have gone to Arbys for the first time in many years out of curiosity, shame.

jstripes

Banned
These promotions never seem to make it to Canada. Might have gone to Arbys for the first time in many years out of curiosity, shame.

Canada has different food regulations. It's probably too complicated to go through all of that for a short term promotion.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
absolutely_disgusting.gif

When I think fast food I absolutely think "Hey how about some deer meat."
Gross.

Nephtis

I mean... It's Arby's.

They could use the exact same meat and say it's turkey, venison, crocodile, or beef, and we'd believe them. They probably just change spices or something :p

“If people are interested in trying the sandwich, the only way to guarantee they can get one is to get there when we open or a little before and make sure they are in line, just like the folks last year."

Yeah because I usually want a fat burger at the ass crack of dawn o_O

I mean, clearly if there were lines last time there's demand at that hour but I can't imagine eating something like what's pictured in the OP first thing in the morning. It looks delicious though, never had deer before. I stopped eating red meat at the beginning of the year though so I guess I'll never know ):

Although I'm not sure Arby's would be a good first impression anyway heh

I agree, love the sausage but just regular venison I'm not a big fan of. The fact that it is farmed venison makes it way less appealing doe.

Eh, most farmed vanison is just as good as wild. Generally it means the deer were raised on a massive farm, and will be grass fed and still pretty wild. It's a lot different than cattle farms.

Top Bottom