• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Dragon Trail reverse is probably the worst track in the game, absolutely kills the flow. Tracks like that should not have reverse variations.

Is there any way to exclude some music tracks from rotation yet, or control them? I saw a menu item referencing music player (being in race and menus or races only), but no idea how to see or use it.

AngerdX

Can't wait to get home from work in 11 hours, then i'm bingin GT until monday, also feel free to add me. psn: AengerdX

- catching a car that snap oversteers with a controller is impossible at default settings.
With a wheel is ok.

Be sure to set the controller sensitivity to at least 4, really helps with responsiveness on the stick. This setting (for some odd reason) is only available from the driving options within a race.

Motion controls sound like a nightmare to use. Is it implemented well. Cus' I can't even think of using it.

It's implemented really really well. I was matching lap times with the stick after a couple laps. Only problem is your shoulders get tired pretty quickly. Can't imagine doing an endurance race with that setup.

Try motion controls.
T-GT arrives today
I tried motion controls and ended up preferring the small adjustments I can make with a stick mid corner from any hand position.
Also snap oversteer isn't something one needs for SP progression because it means you are losing big time. In online obviously it's going to be an issue.

JP

I think the PS store is still updating for me and I can't link it. But under new add ons is a scapes bundle that's 8 gigs.
It's free too.

I would download it but I'm in the UK and it hasn't gone live yet, hopefully the DLC will go live at midnight with the game.

bombshell

Is there any way to exclude some music tracks from rotation yet, or control them? I saw a menu item referencing music player (being in race and menus or races only), but no idea how to see or use it.

Yeah, I saw people say that you could remove tracks from music rotation in the demo. Not sure where, game hasn't launched here yet.

Just watching the menu screen and I've seen information about the F12 and 488GTB. Two cars that are absent in the game. PD better add these and more cars. I can't believe the R8 is missing...... Oh well.

ornery

game currently sitting in my mailbox, I'm still at work and my Astros play in 40 minutes

oh my god my evening is over before it even started

Torgo

Random images (1st batch):

BC4pLlG.jpg

JBvub3P.jpg

mi9cSFM.jpg

S8T9oAs.jpg

qxvHNH3.jpg

eABBlGQ.jpg

WLE9jsW.jpg

riverfr0zen

Neo Member
Dunno, and how do you skip tracks etc. they could learn a lot from rocket league

I wish the music selection had pulldowns that let you select your Spotify playlists. So sad that the move to Spotify to manage music has not led to much integration w/ the games--something I sorely miss from the PS3 days, esp. w/ GT5 & 6. They nailed the music selection functionality in that generation and then lost it.

Safe distance and I guess ready to brake is all you can do. Probably where the sportsman ranking will be in effect more.

I mean, it's an opportunity for you to gain ground (if you have the skills). If multiple cars are in your way and braking, then, well, no option but to slow down.

The details of the Nov tournaments aren’t great. You get to do one race only for the entire round. You have to pick your time slot for that day and that is it. It isn’t going to flush out sport mode much based on the descriptions. Three races a day it is for the foreseeable future.

*squints* Is there any rain? LOL Oh, I see some droplets, but it's really light.

Lmaooo.... This is ridiculous. I can't figure out why PD can't just come out and say if there's rain or not. We have to look at patch notes and do all kinds of gymnastics just to figure out whether rain/weather will be in the game. It's almost as if they're purposefully hiding it from us .

Lmaooo.... This is ridiculous. I can't figure out why PD can't just come out and say if there's rain or not. We have to look at patch notes and do all kinds of gymnastics just to figure out whether rain/weather will be in the game. It's almost as if they're purposefully hiding it from us .

Well they say it's planned!

Considering that it's there in some form gives me faith that there will be on tracks soon. Probably still optimising it so races still keep to a constant 60fps.

Wont look as good as Forza's I think, but it's fine.

You can’t even limit online lobbies to a single car to do spec races.. Not really worried about rain that just makes the entire track uniformly slippery right now.

cakely

There are wet roads, fog, and light rain.

No patch notes or gymnastics required.

Well they say it's planned!

Considering that it's there in some form gives me faith that there will be on tracks soon. Probably still optimising it so races still keep to a constant 60fps.

Wont look as good as Forza's I think, but it's fine.
It doesn't have to look better than Forza or Driveclub as long as it's there I'm fine.

There are wet roads, fog, and light rain.

No patch notes or gymnastics required.

No need for attacks... Weather is one of the features that most ppl have been asking if it'll be in the game and even now we aren't 100% sure. All I was saying is PD could just put out a simple tweet or anything for that matter to let fans know if it's in or not.

It kills me that we can't even get a 60fps Motorstorm triology remaster collection at least for this gen.
Part of racing games charm is how each iteration improves graphically. A remaster is a racing title outside of something cartoonish like MK or Crash is kinda pointless IMO. I dont think it would sell well at all.

Mush

So I've got the pre-order code for the safety car pack but there's nothing here about the dynamic theme and the bonus credits.

Help?

jayu26

I am very angry and unfocused right now, because the Visceral thing. I don't think I should go to the Sports today. lol

cakely

No need for attacks... Weather is one of the features that most ppl have been asking if it'll be in the game and even now we aren't 100% sure. All I was saying is PD could just put out a simple tweet or anything for that matter to let fans know if it's in or not.

Sorry, I didn't mean that to be an attack. Fog, wet roads, and light rain are in the game, right now, so Polyphony doesn't really need to tweet anything.

EDIT: GTS Disc just arrived. Patch time!

12.325 GB, v 1.02

Yo...can we make a soft rule for the OT of no more than 3 photos per post? We should probably have a separate thread for Scapes and race photos and leave this for mostly discussion.

Putty

Is is such a well craft package. Every asepct seems utterly thought out and the UI makes it all so ...aproachable...So so good...

Top Bottom