• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Here's why I don't like extraneous shit: it gets in the way of overall good competitive play. I'm one of those people who just likes a stripped down game with not that much shit going on. As such I guess I'll just be left in the dust when it comes to more and more games, since it's all about stupid gimmicky shit that I couldn't care less about.

This is what Trials Evolution does so well. Lots of shit blowing up and gaping chasms but the core gameplay revolves around forward/back/accelerate/brake. And it's great.

Team of Armor Lockers and Camo.

IN 2012!?

fuckthisgameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Full team of Camo and Jetpackers

In 2013!?

fuckthisgameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol

Gazzawa

Elzar and Xand r tricks me into playing GR beta last night
"everyones playing it- it will be fun!"
-gets in one bad game-
server goes down
preorder cancelled.

Homeboyd

There is no armor lock.

pev.gif

Shadders

There is no armor lock.

This is just PR speak. If we read between the lines we can see that "Armour Lock" has gone and been replaced with a new, much better ability called "Forerunner Lock". It's not like Armour Lock at all, because now if someone melees you while you're locked they die instantly.

Still feels like Halo.

TheOddOne

This is just PR speak. If we read between the lines we can see that "Armour Lock" has gone and been replaced with a new, much better ability called "Forerunner Lock". It's not like Armour Lock at all, because now if someone melees you while you're locked they die instantly.

Still feels like Halo.
They talked about Armor Lock being too much of stalemate perk, I trust they know what they are doing.

CyReN

They talked about Armor Lock being too much of stalemate perk, I trust they know what they are doing.

Agreed.

I think they learned from Bungie mistakes with AA. You need a true utility ability and not a cheap gimmick or something that completely breaks the game. I'm actually excited to check out the Promethean Vision, especially in CTF scenarios.

free avatar friday
0jQel.jpg

ps: thanks for all the comments on the show btw<3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Some of my favorite all time Xbox Live memories are being the last man standing in OG Ghost Recon, sitting in a divot on the side of a Serbian hill in near darkness listening to the rain pattering on my helmet, sniper rifle at the ready. Going back into the lobby as the savior of your team was good times.

Overdoziz

Banned
Agreed.

I think they learned from Bungie mistakes going to AA. You need a true utility weapon and not a cheap gimmick or something that completely breaks the game. I actually excited to check out the Promethean Vision, especially in CTF scenarios.
That's why I'm really interested to see how Camo and Jetpack are going to work. I can easily imagine the Jetpack just being a Jumppack but I don't see how they can make Active Camo work well. The entire idea of becoming invisible whenever you want just doesn't sit well with me.

Some of my favorite all time Xbox Live memories are being the last man standing in OG Ghost Recon, sitting in a divot on the side of a Serbian hill in near darkness listening to the rain pattering on my helmet, sniper rifle at the ready. Going back into the lobby as the savior of your team was good times.

Old school Rainbow was the best, planning routes for your team like well made penis's.

Good times.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

now the "armor lock" (of course the name has been changed) user can move and shoot. there, fixed.

m23

Watched Social Skirmish, it was good, I shared some views while I disagreed with others. What do you all think of bleed through making an appearance, did anyone confirm if it's in or not?

m23

If only OuterWorldVoice could deny these claims.

Clear that up. When Cursed Lemon said bleed-through, he meant to counter other weapons, not literally in the game.

I know that, I'm just wondering if there has been any news on that yet, I thought somebody would be able to tell us from that event.

That's why I'm really interested to see how Camo and Jetpack are going to work. I can easily imagine the Jetpack just being a Jumppack but I don't see how they can make Active Camo work well. The entire idea of becoming invisible whenever you want just doesn't sit well with me.

Can't be seen... makes the noise of a thousand bees.

Top Bottom