• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

I don't know if those sources are true but it looks like the driver was some young guy called Joel Vangheluwe. By his posts on social media it looks like he hated Trump and stuff like that but doesn't makes much sense to ran against his allies.

Maybe he was on drugs.

Such enlightenment brought to you by...

I know lots of Trump supporters (i am not even american lol) and those guys always seems to be the chilliest people on the room.

There is no need to have that attitude man, just try to have fun.

Linked, I'd imagine means they were in the air due to the violence on the ground. It would be beyond insane if the helicopter came down as a direct result of anything on the ground.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I don't know if those sources are true but it looks like the driver was some young guy called Joel Vangheluwe. By his posts on social media it looks like he hated Trump and stuff like that but doesn't makes much sense to ran against his allies.

Maybe he was on drugs.
Debunked. Joel was posting on Facebook. Also the guy is caught so no need to speculate on this. We'll know the identity soon enough.

Edit: Didn't realize I was responding to a Neo-Nazi sympathizer. Oh well.

Famassu

Well I meant in the sense that someone saw the car hitting people then backing up to make a getaway, and they decided not to let it get away and shoot him.
Guns in a chaotic situation like that with masses of people running around & freaking out is a big no-no. Try to drag the person out of the car & detain him or something, if possible, but guns wouldn't have made that situation any better and would have had the potential to make it far worse.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Another edit of the fucker

Z3oCtb2.jpg

Not even a look of panic in that face, after colliding and now reversing away.

Oh look, a psychopath. And he looks just like I'd imagined.

MCN

Banned
I'd like to publicly apologise for misquoting earlier. I fucked up, and I'm truly sorry. Fucking cheap wine.

I'd like to publicly apologise for misquoting earlier. I fucked up, and I'm truly sorry. Fucking cheap wine.

It happens. But if you see my post history 95% are from the gaming side so don't get too riled about it.

I edited my original post too.

MCN

Banned
OK, well I used to be a helicopter mechanic and you're wrong. Small arms can take down a helicopter.

So did I, and I saw an RAF Chinook take a round through the cockpit and flight controls and land safely. Took fucking aged to fix though.

Granted, I doubt the police are using military aircraft...

Ironically, the first terrorist attack in trumps administration is from a white supremacist terrorist. Not dem evul brownz folk.

What a sad sad event.

Alienous

I don't understand how they can consider themselves patriots while worshipping the traditional enemies of America.

I guess Hitler was white, so he's an ally to them?

Imagine fighting against the Nazis in WWII and seeing this shit in 2017. It's beyond disgusting.

So did I, and I saw an RAF Chinook take a round through the cockpit and flight controls and land safely. Took fucking aged to fix though.

Granted, I doubt the police are using military aircraft...

Yes, a Chinook is a little bit different than the kind of helicopter a college town with a sub 50,000 population can afford.

Jesus.

I'm being hyperbolic but seriously, what does this guy have to fear from police? The police literally took Dylan Roof to a Burger King and bought him free food after they arrested him. They probably already did the same for this fuck. White terrorists always get really all the benefits of the doubt from police for some strange reason. Always apprehended without injury.

I wish people would stop spreading this. Police brought Burger King food to Roof in the room he was being interrogated, because you can't just starve suspects. They didn't hit the drive through.

Top Bottom