• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

The only way I'll pick this up Crysis 3 is if they've learned from past mistakes that plagued the second one, for PC. Crysis 2 was such a bad experience and left a horrible taste in my mouth. The game was fun but there were so many bugs it just wasnt worth it.

Crytek really lacked support for PC users at launch and there were so many hackers... It was just a complete joke.

You know that the bow is not the only weapon in the game, right?
What's up with the hate towards it? I find it pretty cool btw.

I'm not hating, I loved the previous Crysis, it just feels off. When I think Crysis I think scifi with somewhat futuristic tech/weapons/aliens/etc.

Hanmik

5UxRn.jpg

ql1s2.jpg

mrvY8.jpg

ECVW3.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Of course it will be. 2's not even on Steam.

If EA funded the game like Nirolak suggested then that's impossible and it explains why Crysis 2 was pulled from Steam.
I'm on my phone but it should be on their investor site under transcripts for q2 or q3 2011.

Dyno

I loved Crysis 2! It was a high-octane super-charged shooter just like grandma use to bake. Looking forward to another.

Plus that compound bow is cool and sweet.

I cannot comprehend this statement....

I can't comment on console versions but PC version used gamespy for one and also the game was hacked within days and never addressed. Afaik it's still filled with hackers and MP is pretty much unplayable. Also no DX11 at launch...that's just to name a few.

tci

Lol sedative? I'm pretty sure if you had nano-suit strength and a compostite bow you could shoot right through a mountain.
Stealth... do no one use that anymore? And you should be able to control the power of the bow, obviously.

zlatko

Banned
I'm excited for this. I thought Crysis 2's campaign was the best FPS campaign for a military shooter this generation, and it looked fantastic on my 360.

MP was hit and miss. If they can fine tune it some more they really have a compelling MP experience imo.

I'm aboard this hype train. :D

Gameplay wise nothing, same as countless other FPS protagonists. Course people seemed to actually care about the ending enough to act like they were disgusted by it, yet consider it meaningless at the same time?

The series has a terrible story and they don't do narrative or character well, but they make fun encounters and can do nice level design.

Having a twist in the end who's whole effect would be in the weakest area would be pointless.

If the ending twist should the guy on a new planet or showed human armies working with the aliens that would be setting up something to be derived on.
Rather then one generic good guy taking over another generic good guy's body, who's sum total effect is 'slightly better voice'.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I must be the only person in the world that liked Crysis 2 more than Crysis 1. I'm sooo in for Crysis 3.

I'm excited for this. I thought Crysis 2's campaign was the best FPS campaign for a military shooter this generation, and it looked fantastic on my 360.

MP was hit and miss. If they can fine tune it some more they really have a compelling MP experience imo.

I'm aboard this hype train. :D

I feel the same way. I LOVED the campaign, and that's coming from someone who thinks most FPS campaigns are total shit.

Dabanton

If the ending twist should the guy on a new planet or showed human armies working with the aliens that would be setting up something to be derived on.
Rather then one generic good guy taking over another generic good guy's body, who's sum total effect is 'slightly better voice'.

Considering the protag didn't speak once in Crysis 2 having a character who did would be an improvement.

injurai

Banned
I must be the only person in the world that liked Crysis 2 more than Crysis 1. I'm sooo in for Crysis 3.

I feel the same way. I LOVED the campaign, and that's coming from someone who thinks most FPS campaigns are total shit.

Both were great games, just in a different sense. Is better that games innovate instead of sticking to the same formula over and over again. The true shame is how the awesome multiplayer of crysis 1 got scraped to be another cod clone.

I'm curious about the story, considering I didn't understood a thing happening in C2

Scientist guy makes suit that uses nanomachines to learn. Sent the team on a suicide mission in the first game to basically encounter these hidden aliens so the suit would learn and gather info on the aliens, while becoming more powerful. The suit was made to be a weapon against teh aliens and needs exposure to them to learn.

Aliens are invading now around the world and the scientist dude wants you to bring back the suit with all it's collected data and you learn about his "secret" and the symbiotic nature of the suit which absorbs the user basically and will eventually kill them.

You keep suit, you fight aliens.... aliens keep invading....

It's really simple.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Both were great games, just in a different sense. Is better that games innovate instead of sticking to the same formula over and over again. The true shame is how the awesome multiplayer of crysis 1 got scraped to be another cod clone.

I'll agree 100% with this. The multiplayer in C2 just didn't click with me, and it felt like there was little thought put into it.

I think what I loved so much about Crysis 2, was the streamlining of the power system. The powers were easier to activate at a moment's notice, and you could use two powers at the same time, which you couldn't in Crysis 1.

The one thing I would change would be to have a regular sprint that doesn't consume suit power, and have a new, super fast sprint that does.

Scientist guy makes suit that uses nanomachines to learn. Sent the team on a suicide mission in the first game to basically encounter these hidden aliens so the suit would learn and gather info on the aliens, while becoming more powerful. The suit was made to be a weapon against teh aliens and needs exposure to them to learn.

Aliens are invading now around the world and the scientist dude wants you to bring back the suit with all it's collected data and you learn about his "secret" and the symbiotic nature of the suit which absorbs the user basically and will eventually kill them.

You keep suit, you fight aliens.... aliens keep invading....

It's really simple.
Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.

Except we were the invaders... The aliens were here first. DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I liked the story in the second game I have to say. Not sure why it gets so much shit when so much worse stuff (Gears series for example) get a free pass.

Because that's at least big and stupid and lends itself to stuff like this.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/359243

Crysis has nothing to latch onto, you can't even have a laugh at how bad the story is because it's imposable to remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom