• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Crocodile

I'd rather Bones do it as long as they don't get to write an anime-original ending if a 2-4 cour adaptation is chosen instead of a long-running one like Naruto or OP.

If the show is adapted in a long-running style, it will by default end up in the hands of Toei or Pierrot. Maybe Sunrise.

Anyway, I agree with the common sentiment. There aren't very many new ideas in this manga but the execution has been on point :)

cntr

Banned
Sunrise, Trigger, or BONES, yeah.

I'd also prefer season-based, rather than a straight long-runner. Higher quality and less filler that way, even if we have to wait more.

SalvaPot

What about Madhouse and with a format similar to Hajime no Ippo.

60+ episodes, high quality, no fillers.
A sequel series a year after, with some OVA´s in between to fill the gap, maybe a movie, caught up to the manga.
Wait 2 years, third series covering everything.

Grexeno

All Might foiling the villains attack on the USJ complex was.....

wheeeeeeeeeewwww, I haven't been that hyped from a manga since various points in One Piece

Huh, Shouto's face got
messed up by his mom?

Not what I would have expected, but it works even better, IMO.

EDIT: And it ends with
Midoriya losing.
Honestly, a perfect end to that fight. Wouldn't have it any other way, felt 100% right.

Maximo

Huh, Shouto's face got
messed up by his mom?

Midoriya losing.
Honestly, a perfect end to that fight. Wouldn't have it any other way, felt 100% right.

Yep perfect end, Dudes gonna need to control his power before he completely and permanently wrecks his body. Im expecting a Rock Lee Moment when he goes too far trying to save someone and may be unable to continue being a Hero due to the damage done to himself.

SalvaPot

Huh, Shouto's face got
messed up by his mom?

Midoriya losing.

I honestly
didn´t see a way he could win
, so yeah, this ending was fitting.

I honestly want the next arc to focus on him actually mastering his power, its clear All Might realized they can´t go on like this.

Meffer

Maybe
the shadows he sees which are the past heroes that had the power teach him how to use it correctly without hurting his body, like giving him the muscle memory to effectively use it?

Meffer

That's a given since he had to train in the beginning to even use the power without absolutely destroying himself in the process.

That's a given since he had to train in the beginning to even use the power without absolutely destroying himself in the process.

He's still destroying himself, tho. Totally shattered both of his arms in that last fight :p

What I'm curious about is how All Might managed the power; it seems like he also had some sort of super-toughness in addition to the strength.

cntr

Banned
He's still destroying himself, tho. Totally shattered both of his arms in that last fight :p

What I'm curious about is how All Might managed the power; it seems like he also had some sort of super-toughness in addition to the strength.
Everybody's tough in a shounen battle manga.

Crocodile

It's a little out of character but I thought this piece of fanart was funny given recent events in the manga:

tumblr_nn4bukbqFU1sjr8edo1_1280.png

Moaradin

I'm only like 12 chapters in but seriously, fuck Bakugou. This dude is such a prick and has like no other redeeming values. Really hope he gets what's coming to him.

SalvaPot

It's a little out of character but I thought this piece of fanart was funny given recent events in the manga:

It really doesn´t seem like out of character to me at all xD, she is a plucky girl, I totally except her doing that if pushed the right buttons.

Doesn't seem so out of character honestly. She's got this little bit of an edge to her, under all the happy-go-lucky stuff. Really elevates the character, IMO.
I'm only like 12 chapters in but seriously, fuck Bakugou. This dude is such a prick and has like no other redeeming values. Really hope he gets what's coming to him.

But he's so fun to hate!

Really, I just want to him to grow a little bit of a heart of gold under all the jerk. There's one little sign of it starting to show up later on, so I've got some hope.

Moaradin

Well, I'm all caught up. I was enjoying the early parts but the sports festival arc is when it really got me hooked. I'm liking all the characters so far and that's pretty damn impressive. Deku is extremely awesome. Especially in the latest chapters.

SalvaPot

Well, I'm all caught up. I was enjoying the early parts but the sports festival arc is when it really got me hooked. I'm liking all the characters so far and that's pretty damn impressive. Deku is extremely awesome. Especially in the latest chapters.

The recent arc its making a great job of highlighting side characters and making us care for them, and yeah, Deku is a greaaaat protagonist so far, I honestly think the final fight will be
between bakugou and torodoki
, sounds hype.

The recent arc its making a great job of highlighting side characters and making us care for them, and yeah, Deku is a greaaaat protagonist so far, I honestly think the final fight will be
between bakugou and torodoki
, sounds hype.

I'd put money on that being the final card as well. Curious to see how they play
Bakugou's
character development, especially since he'll probably get wrecked. Think there's going to be a time skip to the finals, or a montage at least, now that
Deku's
knocked out of the tournament?

Grexeno

Hmm, I'm wondering if the hero who was killed at the end was Iida's brother, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Fmal

Banned
A friend of mine who knows I'm really into western comics recommended this to me. It's okay so far, but I can't tell if the translation I'm reading is really whack or if the writing is just bad.

Grexeno

A friend of mine who knows I'm really into western comics recommended this to me. It's okay so far, but I can't tell if the translation I'm reading is really whack or if the writing is just bad.
If you're reading the translation I think you're reading, yes the translation is pretty wack in the beginning but gets much better very quickly.

SalvaPot

Has the entire thing been professionally translated?

You can read it if you have a subscription for Shonen Jump Alpha, other than that the translation gets dramatically better by chapter 3.
Hmm, I'm wondering if the hero who was killed at the end was Iida's brother, or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
I thinks its not, its too early to kill off a character we don´t even know him yet, takes away the possible shock we could have if we actually know him.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I usually dislike the "pervert" characters, but Mineta's so cute I find him to be pretty endearing.

I think I've found my background character fave.

Is he wearing a mask or is he actually a bird (or is he supposed to be a lizard?) and that's his secondary quirk or something.

SalvaPot

Nope your right, looked back to an early chapter and found his brother's armor/costume. It's him alright, now it's just a matter of if he's extremely hurt or dead.

Oh damn I hope he is just injured, it would be a bummer if he dies just like that, but on the other hand it would give the series more drama... I honestly keep thinking its too early, but either way it should be interesting.

Also, I recommend spoiler tags, just in case.

SalvaPot

It's also somewhat obvious that Endeavor is sort of a "what Bakugou could become" character.
I want to see Endeavor in a serious fight so badly, he looks like a badass anti-hero. We need more team-ups between students and pro heroes against real threats later on.

Top Bottom