• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael K. Williams off the Han Solo movie due to reshoots

Michael Kenneth Williams, an Emmy nominee for his supporting role in HBO's The Night Of, will not be in the new Star Wars stand-alone Han Solo movie after all. His part has been cut amid the reshoots now underway with new director Ron Howard. Williams said the revamped production schedule conflicted with his commitment to spy drama The Red Sea Diving Resort, his new movie now shooting in South Africa with Ben Kingsley and Chris Evans.

”I felt great about what I created with the directors that I worked with," said Williams, who was cast in the Han Solo origin story by original helming duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who exited in June. ”It is what it is."

More at the link: https://deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/

SpaceWolf

Banned
The way this project seems to be going, I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly say the same of Alden Ehrenreich in a few days.

“I felt great about what I created with the directors that I worked with,” said Williams, who was cast in the Han Solo origin story by original helming duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who exited in June. “It is what it is.”

Too bad we won't see it.

Jarmel

Banned
“I felt great about what I created with the directors that I worked with,” said Williams, who was cast in the Han Solo origin story by original helming duo Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who exited in June. “It is what it is.”

This is a hell of a quote. looooooooooool

Chinbo37

I don't follow this stuff too closely cause I don't really care and I want to avoid all spoilers ... But does this seem like a shit show to anyone else?

All the news seems bad about this movie when that didn't seem the case for episode 7, 8 and rouge 1

7Th

I don't follow this stuff too closely cause I don't really care and I want to avoid all spoilers ... But does this seem like a shit show to anyone else?

All the news seems bad about this movie when that didn't seem the case for episode 7, 8 and rouge 1

There were plenty of bad news about Rogue One.

Damn, I hope the footage comes out the DVD at least.

They should figure out a way to get this man in Star Wars, preferably in a central role in one of these spin off films. Michael K Williams is the fucking man.

FyreWulff

Damn, has to suck to get a part for a movie, which helps you get a part for another movie, and then the new job results in you getting removed from the last one.

Krakn3Dfx

I guess Omar ain't coming.

:(

Indeed.
indeed-omar-o.gif

Saya

He doesn't seem terrible upset about it... dodging a bullet there?

The ONLY good news about this movie is Donald Glover.

Just burn it down and hit fast forward on the Obi Wan film. That is a movie people want.

Every new piece of information is turning me off this movie.

The only thing that had me interested was the original directors since I like their stuff.

I don't have that.

I will still watch because Star Wars but I am not feeling any sort of excitement for this one.

Bring on the Obi-Wan film already.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Probably because this kind of thing happens a lot in filmmaking.
Basically. It happens. He explains it more at the link.

“When Ron Howard got hired to finish out the film, there were some reshoot issues that needed to be done in regards to my character, in order for it to match the new direction which the producers wanted Ron to carry the film in,” Williams told Deadline. “And that would have required me on a plane a month ago to London, to Pinewood, to do reshoots. But I’m here, on location in Africa. It’s scheduling. I’m not going to be back on the market until the end of November after [his SundanceTV series] Hap and Leonard, and for them to wait that long for me, that would have pushed back the release date, which I believe is in May 2018. They wanted me now; I couldn’t go. So they had to clip-clip-clip.”

Top Bottom