• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything on that is true, then 15's negative fallout is going to be catastrophic. The Bioshock Infinite comparisons is not good.

GunBR

The game has a lot of production problems, but this thing about
only two hours playable
looks at least a huge hyperbole.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sounds straight up bullshit. You're not doing significant changes to a game coming out four months from now.

That part sounds made up. I think the plot stuff sounds correct but everything in regards to development and production sounds like sensationalist shit to stir things up.

We need Lightning to return... Again.

Fuck lightning bring back NOEL
3teOtGK.png

Reset

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it. The other cities are JRPG town sized, nothing special. Most of the map is empty land.
The most disappointing thing, if this is true...

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on."
How is the game going to be released this year.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Toth

The only shocking thing from those 'leaks' was the bit about a certain character's death.
way too much like FF7

Diablos

So I guess
HD towns are still hard.

Honestly even if a third of that stuff is true, XV is going to be a huge disappointment.

Aters

Some part seems plausible, but SE sure look ballsy when they are working on a CG movie while the game can't even meet the due date.

So this leak might be fake, because it seems like Japanese Uncovered Trailer already named the mission Trial of the Titan or something.

http://i.imgur.com/nfbkRU1.jpg

This too.
Still, I already lowered my expectation. Let's see what they can bring on the table. I have full backup games so I wouldn't worry for no game to play this fall. And honestly I don't think it's really a bad thing that they bring an end to the FF franchise. They should've done it when Sakaguchi left.

Sounds straight up bullshit. You're not doing significant changes to a game coming out four months from now.

Yeah at this stage the game is feature and story complete I would have to imagine. If they're doing anything besides polish and bug fixing, I'd be amazed.

Slaythe

Well this is a disaster.

Sucks.

Especially how the combat is gonna remain shit and how the framerate is cancer.

:/

Soriku

Humor me and let's just say this stuff is true. There's really no reason to mention any of those things. The source is clearly more concerned about the plottwist stuff than actual lore and such.

The Plague of Stars is the end of the world scenario in this game, it seems like too much of a big thing to not mention it. Then I can maybe understand skipping over Iedolas and such, but if the hooded guy is still around (I think this was reconfirmed recently?) he'll probably be a major character too, but nothing on him.

Jarmel

Banned
Only 2 hours of the game 'runs'?

Bullshit otherwise they clearly would have delayed the game. Guy is at least partially lying.

On the bright side, it could be a Square long-con - release fake spoilers, leave everyone with incredibly low expectations, and surprise us all with the choir of angels light that is FFXV!

So this leak might be fake, because it seems like Japanese Uncovered Trailer already named the mission Trial of the Titan or something.

http://i.imgur.com/nfbkRU1.jpg

Phew. I'll put my alcohol back in storage to drown my sorrows at a later date.

Only two hours playable.....yeeeeeeah ok

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this game turns out to be a disaster but this info sounds ridiculous and fake as all hell.

think i'm gonna cancel my preorder. platinum demo sucked, and i haven't been feeling any of the stuff they've released lately. will wait for it to get cheaper.

Galang

Banned
Mess if these rumours are true.
They're going to kill of the only relevant female character in the game? Annoying honestly.

wmlk

Except he specifically noted it would be shown on stage at E3.

Leaving out what's been said numerously as important plot details, entire characters, the language and hyperbole being used.

At the end of the day what separates this and speculation then? The fact that it was said to appear at E3?

This is also from that one guy in 4chan who continually creates different personas to talk about the game at absurd lengths.

Voror

Well, that all sounds really bad. I do hope it's not true but if it is then I guess it just goes to show they should have just scrapped it ages ago and moved on.

.JayZii

Banned
I haven't opened the spoilers, but just reading the questions and some of the responses in the thread so far, I'm going to assume this is fake.

Toth

Kagari, you may want to send this to relevant parties to dispel. These 'leaks', fake or not, can only damage the game's perception.

213372bu

Banned
I'll believe it.

The game looks rough and it's close enough to launch.

Looks like my fears as it being the Fallout 4 of the series might be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom