• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster on 4chan correctly leaked the title of MS conference's FFXV demo (Trial of the Titan).

And he shared more.

A lot more.

Warning: MASSIVE spoilers.

"Gentianas role in the story."
Gentiana is Shiva in human disguise. dogs are Shiva servants.

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

"can u romance aranea pls answer this"
You can't romance anybody

"What are all the summons, and how do they look?"
Titan, ramuh, carbuncle, leviathan, shiva, ifrit, bahamut.

"is pic related still in the game
and are any of the outfits from Versus XIII in the game?" -> pic http://i.imgur.com/809NrhX.jpg
He's not. If he is, it's literally some unrecognizable unamed side role.
Also I can't promise they're in the game because the costumes are kind of the last thing on the devs mind right now, but it is up for consideration

" What recent changes have they made?"
Nothing they've changed recently would be interesting. They've got a lot of Luna/Noctis flashbacks they made to be thrown around in the last act of the game and they don't know what to do with them really

"Will Noctis become a King?
I guess you could say he becomes King, but doesn't have much to rule over by the end

"Can you explore Lucis and the other cities? how big are the cities"
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it. The other cities are JRPG town sized, nothing special. Most of the map is empty land.

"Does the game have a lot of towns and cities?"
No

"Give a basic plot outline. The script may not be finalised but you must have some idea."
There's a full script as of nov, its just changing because it's a mess.
>opens 10 years in the future fighting ifrit
>real game starts, being sent off for wedding
>on the way hear city got invaded
>set out to collect weapons of dead kings to be powerful and take back crystal
>also have to catch up to luna who's waking up summons
>when you get to luna red haired guy kills her
>everybody is sad for a while
>red hair guy reveals he's 2000 years old
>Noctis has to sleep for 10 years to gather magic into kings ring to fight him
>Noctis gets out and the group fights him in main city
>Ifrit first, then normal red head, then monster version of him
>Noctis wins
that's it.

"So whats the design like for 10 years older Noctis?"
it's not modeled yet, when you play it now it's just young him. I haven't seen concept art but ghost Regis notes that he looks older, so he probably has new defining features.

"How do summon fights go? Does Noctis really push back Titan with just his sword? Why are the weapons of past Lucis Kings spread throughout the world instead of in Lucis?"
They're like normal boss fights but large scale, and for stuff like titan you have to do mini dungeons around him while he's whailing at you to get to him. You can parry them like any other boss. The weapons are spread out because they're buried in sacred places related to the crystal

"tell me about attires, can you change the clothes?
I know about the suit, anything else?"
You actually can change the party members clothes, but it's pointless, you aren't getting anything that isn't black

"1.Why did they change Regis' design
2.Why did Nomura leave FFXV
3.How long is the game (playtime) and is the map really as big as they say?"
1.Because they had to rewrite a lot of story to cut it down from a trilogy to one game and the dad character got changed a lot. Also to make him look more like the Kingsglave design
2.Because of said Nomura trilogy hopes, and because Square would rather have him on KH3 and FF7 remake. With Nomura it would have been good, but would have taken way more time just to get part 1 out, like an extra 2 years
3.~40 hours right now, but they're trying to bump it to about 50 by strongly encouraging more fetch quests. The map isn't done in a playable form, it's segmented levels right now, some of which work and some don't

"Any dlc they are preparing?
Any info you have on kh3 and ff7r? release date or something?"
Yeah, its coming, but they don't know what yet except one about Gladio since there's almost nothing about him in game. They're more worried about main game now.
No news on those, not a lot of communication about them going on

"1.Is the combat still s***, or are they actually fixing it?
2.why did they change the battle system from E3 2013?"
1.Its virtually identical to how it is when you fight as older Noctis in the plat demo. They changed team specials to L1 from the old demo. If you liked plat demo its fine. If you didn't it's s*** for good.
2.E3 2013 was a proof of concept based on Noruma's version of what the game would have been and nothing more. Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3.

"Plase tell me they fixed the phantom swords, it's impossible to control that s***. Please say they did."
the swords are a little less like in the first demo now and a little more like when you went final form in KH2 if that makes you feel better. But don't get too excited, its like half way between both

">>Tabata was already changing it and the characters/story while it was being made to show at e3
But Nomura was still the director back then, Tabata said he became the director in December of 2013."
that's not how things like that work. You don't just jarringly shift production like that, its gradual. Nomura did direct the trailer they showed at e3 in 2013

"Is FFXVI being worked on right now? and by who?"
FFXVI is only going to happen if XV does well
(this sounds suspect to me but S-E so...)

"I don't believe you. Even if XV only sells 3 millions, XVI would happen, even with a much smaller scale. They're probably working on XVI as we speak."
I can promise you they aren't. Everything is going into XV main team, Other teams are working on 7 remake and KH3. There's nobody sitting around somewhere doing XVI in secret

"The game is being made in Japan with the localization team being in Japan with them. No one believes you"
its been tested in the US in english and in 7 languages in EU right now

"Stella was replaced with Luna and Regis is still in the game, his design changing means nothing towards his role. Prompto design also changed idiot. Kill yourself "
You're treating Luna and Stella like they're comparable. They aren't. As I've said before, a lot of the shift from V13 to 15 was about maintaining an image to keep fans and hype from V13 going, so they needed a blonde chick to replace Stella, and that's Luna. Luna isn't a slightly rewritten Stella, its a completely different character. The point is, things have significantly changed in the game since then. And they're still changing now, 4 months before release

"Do you know anything about the Japanese voice actor of Iedolas? was he changed? i heard he died not long ago."
I don't know much, but they're rerecording a lot of dialogue for the game anyway because it's still in rewrites, especially for the 2nd half. It's in about the same state as bioshock infinite where they showed trailers with the same scenes as the release game, but the release game had 100% different dialogue over a different plot

"How could the game be so unfinished, yet still being worked on, a few months from release? "
It's not normal. The lock for english voice recording is supposed to be in 3 weeks, but they keep re-writing lines. Everybody is nervous as f*** about Sept30 release. Expect big day 1 patch

"Will it have PS4K compatible features?"
Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind

"You're lying. They already confirmed in December last year that the game is playable from start to finish and all the content was done, and all that all they have left is polishing and debugging."
It was finished and you could play it start to finish on the high end PCs they made it on, but the PS4 port is a mess, and they started design and re-writes after the normal wrap because it's going over like s*** with people, like pick up shots to fix a movie.

">>Nobody is touching it right now. There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4 and xbox version barely turns on. Nobody is thinking about PS4k, just porting and optimizing for PS4. Xbox build is like 3 weeks behind.
Oh come on. It would have been delayed to December or early 2017 if that were the case. Come up with more believable bulls***."
I know what it sounds like, but its true

">>There's only like 2 hours "playable" on ps4
But Episode Duscae 2.0 ran fine on PS4. Is that the 2 hours you mean?"
That was given months and months and months of dedicaded care and a 2.0 patch. And believe it or not that part of the game does not actually run as well as the demo right now. Really only the opening 2 hours "run"

Sounds like the game is being held together with glue right now. And those plot points are...yeah.

To September!

wmlk

I think that's a fake.

This is 4chan shit that I've read for the past 2 weeks. One person spilled these 'leaks' while inserting falsities just to appear like he's not following the game intently.

The only thing that raises eyebrows is the demo title, but I've seen the rest of this being discussed first hand.

Kirye

I wanna say fake, but I don't want to click on anything on the off chance that it's real.

inb4thenwhydidyouopenthethreadmoron

addik

Hahah if true,

Lol at Luna being a strong character

I wish he discussed more of the changes in V13-->15

Frumix

Suffering From Success
plausible.jpg

Gurnlei

I believe it. Will still play the game anyway, been waiting a decade and will still enjoy it even if the story isn't nearly what I was expecting. Going to reserve judgement on if it's bad or not depending how they connect everything together.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Posting from other thread but.

Here's one from the direct-feed with better colors and no black crush.

Ck4LPQAXEAAMbNq.jpg:large

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DID NOT READ THE GAMEFAQS THREAD

Holy shit this is after the 10 years spoiler shit for Noctis. It totally fucking makes sense.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm gonna share what I posted in the other thread.

Why would the leak even be true,
the other guys don't look much different at all. Promto looks like he has the exact same hair. Noctis hair only is a bit more grown and then suddenly it's 10 years?

Not buying it.

Arkeband

Banned
The panicked rush to finish the game sounds about right by what we've been shown.

I'm still not clicking on the first "who dies" spoilers.

Aurongel

For a rumor, everything mentioned seems extremely plausible and more specific than fake vague leaks tend to be. We have to approach this with a grain of salt regardless but nothing in there jumps out as an obvious lie.

Waxy

Only 2 hours playable? Didn't Game Informer play quite a bit of the game when they when to Square Enix?

Gurnlei

Posting from other thread but.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DID NOT READ THE GAMEFAQS THREAD

Holy shit this is after the 10 years spoiler shit for Noctis. It totally fucking makes sense.

That and...

Ardyn being the main villain matches up with him on the throne in the latest trailer with that smirk.

kayos90

Still not confirmed obviously but I will say that there's probably merit in a few if not most of the stuff in that OP. They did say Trial of the Titan was the demo for E3 3 weeks beforehand.

That and...

Ardyn being the main villain matches up with him on the throne in the latest trailer.

And being given the focus in the beginning of the
Kingsglaive trailer.

Pooya

sounds like it could be true and it blows but yeah like I said about what you would expect, I'm not sure why people would be shocked if this is the real story lol.

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

Probably the most believable rumor. Cuz, y'know SE...

That sounds like something SE would've done last gen...but it does seem a bit far fetched.
I'm guessing he's either exaggerating or his info is old
or lying

Reszo

Okay I just wanted to see how long the game was and why nomura left. Let me hop out now before i open everything lol.

wmlk

This "leak" leaves out important details to the plot that we've known about first hand from Tabata.

Decided to take the plunge and read through the entire thing now and it's unconvincing to people who've followed the game. There's no Plague of the Stars, blood moon, or the hooded guy here. I'm not convinced at all anymore.

For someone who knows so much about the game, those details aren't even touched upon.

Elios83

Maybe something is true but I think there's a lot of bullshit here told to get internet fame or because of an agenda against the game and/or the dev team.
Sounds a lot like the insider telling people that CD Project was selling a lie with the Witcher 3 trailers, the game was a mess and bla bla bla.

kayos90

That sounds like something SE would've done last gen...but it does seem a bit far fetched.
I'm guessing he's either exaggerating or his info is old
or lying

I'm sure much of it is pure bullshit but my guess is that the source does have credible insider info.

True Fire

Damn, this day is getting worse and worse for Square Enix. I'm going full blackout on spoilers, but the general impression I'm getting from you guys isn't good.

Any likely scenarios where he found out about the demo title early and then made up everything else?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Same poster leaked the E3 demo title three weeks ago.

So maybe he caught wind of that somehow and then used it as cover to make up this entire saga, but that seems unlikely given the level of detail here.

Knowing the title of a demo and knowing the ins-and-outs of production are not even close to the same thing.

Soriku

Like I said in the other thread, I read that "leak" thread a while ago and it doesn't even touch on the Plague of Stars, Iedolas and the other Niflheim villains, the hooded guy, not a whole lot really. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Ray Down

Banned
Damn, this day is getting worse and worse for Square Enix. I'm going full blackout on spoilers, but the general impression I'm getting from you guys isn't good.

Any likely scenarios where he found out about the demo title early and then made up everything else?

The only concrete thing this person got was the title of the demo for E3. Everything else is speculations.

Like I said in the other thread, I read that "leak" thread a while ago and it doesn't even touch on the Plague of Stars, Iedolas and the other Niflheim villains, the hooded guy, not a whole lot really. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

yeah.... we will see.

Pooya

I like to add that plot of FF leaking in advance of release isn't that unusual, like FF13-2 plot was leaked by an Asian fan site 4-5 months before release in Japan IIRC! When the game came out, people went back there and like oh the guy was completely right...

kayos90

Humor me and let's just say this stuff is true. There's really no reason to mention any of those things. The source is clearly more concerned about the plottwist stuff than actual lore and such.

The only concrete thing this person got was the title of the demo for E3. Everything else is speculations.

While true, it does give some credibility.

Jarmel

Banned
Sounds straight up bullshit. You're not doing significant changes to a game coming out four months from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom