• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it.

Yeah, so S-E decided to
just reveal the final battle on Insomnia (that car scene with the city at night) and boss on the E3 trailer after trying so much to avoid spoilers until march?

Strange, really strange.
Without context you dont even know what you are seeing.

Reminds me a bit of the music played during the XenoX E3 trailer being used as
the final boss music
in the final game.

Well according to the leak,
the localization team is working directly with the main team.

Wouldn't be far-fetched to believe
that they've been able to play the builds directly and/or learned other stuff from osmosis.
Dude the localization team has zero incentive to play the PS4/XBO builds. Why do they have to worry about the performance. They might as well be playing the Pre-Alpha/Beta build on PC for localization instead of getting stuck somewhere on PS4/XBO.

Why would the devs be sharing their troubled development story to the localization team?

Meowster

No one has helmed XVI? Hiroyuki Itou confirmed as janitor? This is reminding me way too much of that Serafina Matta or whatever for XIII 4chan tumors back in the day.

HMD

You only go into Lucis for the final boss fight, so don't get excited about it.

Yeah, so S-E decided to
just reveal the final battle on Insomnia (that car scene with the city at night) and boss on the E3 trailer after trying so much to avoid spoilers until march?

Strange, really strange.

They did spoil the shit out of XIII in the last few trailers.

True Fire

I'm not sure why you guy are saying the story seems normal.

According to this it says that
they're struggling to put flashback scenes in the game, are constantly reworking the script though the VA deadline is likely going to be missed, and went through several rewrites. The stuff about the final town is iffy too. All of that excludes them clicheing up the story and cramming in a trilogy into one game.

Which is baaad.

Stories go through drafts, which is perfectly normal. It looks like a large part of XV's cut trilogy went into Kingsglaive, and another part was streamlined into
the "10 years later" endgame.
, which works better as a part of the main game. They learned their lesson from XIII-2/Lightning Returns.

DigtialT

This leak is so fake, the only way this leaker would know all of this is if he is a QA tester, project manager, and marketing agent all in one.

So I guess
HD towns are still hard.

Yeah, calling bullshit on at least this and the length stuff already. There's no way they'd release this game that short. And LR with some outsourcing got to the point where they were able to make towns bigger than "typical jrpg towns" which makes that pretty vague. I can't imagine they'll only have like one of those. Not to say we'll have a ton of them either, but it comes off like hyperbole, but I guess we'll see.

213372bu

Banned
Dude the localization team has zero incentive to play the PS4/XBO builds. Why do they have to worry about the performance. They might as well be playing the Pre-Alpha/Beta build on PC for localization instead of getting stuck somewhere on PS4/XBO.

Why would the devs be sharing their troubled development story to the localization team?
They don't worry about the performance, that isn't their job, but they might be stuck with a shoddy build and hear about things through osmosis in the studio.

If that weird localization working directly with main devs is true.

Stories go through drafts, which is perfectly normal. It looks like a large part of XV's cut trilogy went into Kingsglaive, and another part was streamlined into
, which works better as a part of the main game. They learned their lesson from XIII-2/Lightning Returns.

This far out?

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Eh, stories in XIII sequels go such places that it's hard to imagine they were actually intended in the original story design and not made up later. This is different.

True Fire

Eh, stories in XIII sequels go such places that it's hard to imagine they were actually intended in the original story design and not made up later. This is different.

What I meant was the "to be continued" at the end of XIII-2. It's not a good note to end a game on. XV-2 would've gotten so much shit.

Thoraxes

Well if this is all true, at least the story will be just as nonsensical as the XIII games. I liked those though, so I guess this is alright.

Nothing really seems too out of the ordinary here really.

Some of those just read like troll answers.
JRPG sized, nothing special, mostly empty map
made me laugh but hey, probably true

CHC

If it's true I'm sure it's slightly exaggerated due to the slightly disgruntled vibe this guy gives off.

But I have no doubt there is truth in some of the stuff. I can't help but shake the impression that just under the surface the game is a total unfinished mess. A sort of similar thing happened amidst all the drama with MGSV, and in my opinion that game was only a shadow of what it could have been.

Some Nobody

The only "leak" that bothers me is the idea that FFXVI isn't being worked on right now. Which doesn't track. FFXIV is doing great. And yeah, FF13 blew but if that's the case why double down on making Versus into XV? The ONLY way that tracks is if the real XV was taking too long.

This game could've easily been canned if it was this big of a mess.

Holy Shit if that is all true, I mean I don't like Final Fantasy at all but man... the fans deserve more than a trainwreck.

And this is the biggest trainwreck of all, all that rewriting and the terrible plot... Damn.

I mean *BIG spoilers*
if you have to sleep ten years to fight your enemy, how in the fuck does your enemy not just come and kill you? Jesus. Terrible writing.

Why is Nomura given such high praise? What outstanding games did he direct and is responsible for? I have a feeling this game would've been a mess either way

notaskwid

Holy Shit if that is all true, I mean I don't like Final Fantasy at all but man... the fans deserve more than a trainwreck.

And this is the biggest trainwreck of all, all that rewriting and the terrible plot... Damn.

I mean *BIG spoilers*
if you have to sleep ten years to fight your enemy, how in the fuck does your enemy not just come and kill you? Jesus. Terrible writing.

I can think of a couple of reasons as to why... I don't see how that is terrible.

I mean *BIG spoilers*

Coming from someone with an MGSV Avatar, I find this all incredibly ironic.

Thoraxes

I mean *BIG spoilers*

It's easy.

Crystals. To entertain that this is real; It worked for XIII with the l'cie focuses getting completed, maybe the same thing happens here in some fashion.

They did spoil the shit out of XIII in the last few trailers.

They did for sure
(but not end game footage - by this I mean final dungeon/area/boss fights at least)
, but all of a sudden reveal this kind of stuff? Why?

They can't even give us a proper story trailer x_x'

What a mess, for real.

I think the plot "spoilers" sound kind of amazing tbh. Kind of like Final Fantasy VI and VII combined.

I just can't see 2 hours of a 40 hour game being playable 3 months out from release. They would have delayed it. It's not like they haven't done so already.

This. I mean that play-length reads like pure bullshit with 3 months to go and atleast several weeks for printing and shipping the game. I feel like they'd delay it over that if they've only finalized like 3 hours out of 40-ish, let alone have delayed the Uncovered event before it was announced to later. Trying not to read all the story spoilers just in case.

Edit: Also yeah, as just mentioned, there's literally no way I believe that they are not at least in pre-production on FF16 with at least a small team, this is S-E of all companies and these games take a long time to make even without the production problems they are just now trying to come the rest of the way back from. And FFXV isn't deciding FFXVI's fate...c'mon now.

DR2K

Banned
This had to die for KH3 and FFVII. I'm not crying over it. I hope this game does well enough to warrant a 16. It should, but you never know.

Socivol

I really hope this isn't real but the absence of a decomfirmation from users that would know is concerning. My issue is they didn't really provide any information or motive on WHY these story bits are happening. What would
Arydn's
motivation be and if the story is really only about reclaiming the throne from beginning to end that would be an odd change of pace for the series I think. The lack of several antagonists being mentioned is also odd the leak says nothing about Hooded Guy, Ideolas, Glaucia, Arena, or Verstrael.

chozen

Ok Few things,
What are the beings in the Dawn Trailer?
What is Solheim?
Who is the Hooded man?
What happens to Glauca, Iedolas, Arena, or Verstrael?
What happen to Etro on the front cover (now probably renamed Eos)?
What is her relevance to the story?
What is the Plague of stars and the eternal night?
What is the Red moon?
Where would Bahamut be?
Why is Ifrit where he is according to the spoiler?
Why didn't he mention the VR dating thing with Prompto and Cidney?
Wasn't the story about getting the summons to reclaim lucis? Not the weapons.
"They changed team specials to L1 from the old demo." It was L2/Right Trigger in the Titan demo for the team specials.

This dude is missing way too much info, now it could be believed that he has a summary of the plot, but I fail to believe that this is how short the story is.

The biggest downer to me is that
Ardyn is a 2000 year old king wtf?

If he is the final boss, they are making it way to obvious. Like this is barthandelus level advertising, luckily enough though Barthandelus wasn't the actual final boss...

If these rumors are a load I'd really hope that SE directly addresses them here sooner rather than later. Obviously if they are true we'll never hear a word about them from the company, but if they are false it's just as likely that SE will not comment at all rather than dispel the rumors. I guess one way or another, we'll know when Kingsglaive finally releases. I would say if the giant figure at the end of the Kingsglaive trailer is
Ifrit working on the side of Niflheim as I suspect it could be
then that'll be a grim sign that these could be true.

This had to die for KH3 and FFVII. I'm not crying over it. I hope this game does well enough to warrant a 16. It should, but you never know.
The part about this warranting FFXVI is BS. That's not how a big corporation works. It is not like SE is running out of funds. They are doing pretty damn well for themselves.This part could have applied to a company that is close to being dissolved and hence place all their bets on the game to succeed so they can continue.

MilkBeard

The part about this warranting FFXVI is BS. That's not how a big corporation works. It is not like SE is running out of funds. They are doing pretty damn well for themselves.This part could have applied to a company that is close to being dissolved and hence place all their bets on the game to succeed so they can continue.

Yeah, they are pulling in way too much money from mobile and ports/remasters to be waging the future of the series on this one game.

notaskwid

So this could be the end of Final Fantasy.... I want Final Fantasy X-3 to happen at least :(
Cmon...
I don't know if there will be a X-3, but if anything, if this game bombs it'll make it mor likely to be than not to be. Anyway, FFXVI will exist regardless of XV's performance.

Beth Cyra

Why is Nomura given such high praise? What outstanding games did he direct and is responsible for? I have a feeling this game would've been a mess either way
Nomura has made many huge projects and created Square third biggest franchise in Kingdom Hearts.

He also pushes young new talent and has generated a ton of software like Dissidia and TWEWY. He also listens to feedback and talked about how he wanted events from XII and air ships in his vision for VS XIII.

He has problems and love or hate his art the man is a work horse and has really good ratio of good products.

DR2K

Banned

The sales of 15 could impact the timing of a 16, since a lot of talent is going to be put to work on their other major titles.

SoulUnison

Banned

I mean *BIG spoilers*

I actually kind of assumed that would be the big "brotherhood" moment of the game.

Noct's loyal friends stand guard over his sleeping body for 10 years, and they're right there when he wakes up.

I actually kind of like that, thematically, but I'd rather these all be 99% BS.

Reveirg

Knowing how most of S-E works, it's very, very likely that if FFXVI is being worked on, almost everyone outside the pre-production team, especially teams outside Japan wouldn't be remotely aware of it.

All of this seems very plausible. It actually makes a lot of sense considering how sloppy this has all been. They are doubling down on all sorts of media associated with the title and trying to overcompensate. They know it's a mess and it shows.

Embarrassing. There used to be a quality standard associated with the Final Fantasy name.
It was defining generations, setting the bar and raising it.
Now what? A patch-job to another failed project with the depth of a brain storm, a fucking Frankenstein. All of that effort, all of that time, just to marginalize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom