• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

Chopper

It's Terror Time! Orgalus leads the way this time.
With him comes the group that can take out any Oni with ease. Taronyan (Yes! They didn't screw it up!), Doggynyan, Monkeynyan and Pheasanyan. I suspect the latter three are in the hidden stages along with the Crank while Taronyan is Crank exclusive.
Taronyan makes it easier to befriend Orgalus while all four provide bonus damage (I see what they did there).
Got Taronyan, Doggynyan and Orgalus already. He's probably worth grinding as a Tough single attacker, right?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got Taronyan, Doggynyan and Orgalus already. He's probably worth grinding as a Tough single attacker, right?

Yeah. Though I hear Uber Geeko is better. Still, good to have two Tough Single Attackers.

Since Taronyan and the other three are from Busters/Blasters, that opens up the likelihood of seeing more Yo-kai introduced in that game showing up. We've already had the Score Attack bosses. Usapyon is another major one, along with Fuu2 (Nate's Yo-kai form), Lord Enma, Nuraihyon, Whispocrates (Whisper's original form), Robonyan 3000, Nyanmajo, Nyankishi, Pink Emperor, Onigumo, Onigama, B-Jibanyan (Jibanyan in a Ghostbusters costume), Marshall Burly, Tsuchinoko Seijin, Shimepponia, and probably some others I'm missing.

I also hope Busters/Blasters is being announced at E3.

EDIT: I can confirm that the third Hidden Stage is opened by beating Stage 44 (with Multimutt) with Orgalus' Soultimate. I just remembered that Oracanos was the same. In it you can grind on Lie-In Heart

First Hidden Stage is unlocked by beating Stage 10 with Walkappa's Soultimate
Second Hidden Stage is unlocked by beating Stage 20 with Touphant's Soultimate.
The first stage is a big one, it contains Mynimo. He's normally only available through the Raw Easter Coins or through Medal Battles, where you have to buy real medals and scan them into the game for points, and even then you're not guaranteed Mynimo. So yeah, take this opportunity.

BatDan

Coming Monday, our first American exclusive event in forever.
Liberynyan Awoken. Said to be the strongest Wib Wob (in the Western version at least) with a "never before seen Soultimate"

I'm guessing
he's a tracer like Kirakoma and SSS Sun God Enma

Chopper

Coming Monday, our first American exclusive event in forever.
Liberynyan Awoken. Said to be the strongest Wib Wob (in the Western version at least) with a "never before seen Soultimate"

I'm guessing
he's a tracer like Kirakoma and SSS Sun God Enma
Tracer?

BatDan

Oooh damn. Major update.

First there's Liberty Way, which is just Mystery Way again but with a Libertynyan theme. It also adds a Point Exchange. The balls seems to be worth 10-30 points (there's probably a 50 but I haven't seen it).

The really major update though is the addition of the Lucky Crank-a-Kai. It's been in Japan for a few months going by the Event Gacha. Here it has several event Yo-kai, and if you've already maxed one out, you get a Soul Secrets of varying size. Inside there's two items, a Sand Suit to evolve Sandmeh into Mr. Sandmeh (you can befriend the former on Liberty Way) and a Libertynyan SS Pass. This is how you get LIbertynyan SS, grab the pass and use it to go fight him.

At the end of the map you can fight LIbertynyan S. You can't continue on him and you're tribe restricted. You can make things easier if you bring Mr Sandmeh and Pookvil on your team (the latter is in the Lucky Crank).

BatDan

I went with Komajiro S for attack boosting, Slurpent for inflation, Pookivl and Libertynyan A for defense, and Mr. Sandmeh for special attack.

Managed to get the S-Rank version.

I also got an SS Pass, but didn't get the SS-Rank version. Time to grind!

Chopper

I went with Komajiro S for attack boosting, Slurpent for inflation, Pookivl and Libertynyan A for defense, and Mr. Sandmeh for special attack.

Managed to get the S-Rank version.

I also got an SS Pass, but didn't get the SS-Rank version. Time to grind!
Pookivl is only available from the Lucky Crank, right? As well as the item needed to fuse for Mr Sandmeh? Sounds like you got pretty Lucky already!

BatDan

Pookivl is only available from the Lucky Crank, right? As well as the item needed to fuse for Mr Sandmeh? Sounds like you got pretty Lucky already!

Yep. Good luck getting Sandmeh though. Despite being an E-Rank, he's a pretty low drop. I thought it was just me, but Goat was having trouble so I'm not crazy.

I hope that if I don't get SS this time, they'll bring back the pass often. Especially now that the Lucky Crank is a thing. I want to see Japan's reactions.

Chopper

Yep. Good luck getting Sandmeh though. Despite being an E-Rank, he's a pretty low drop. I thought it was just me, but Goat was having trouble so I'm not crazy.

I hope that if I don't get SS this time, they'll bring back the pass often. Especially now that the Lucky Crank is a thing. I want to see Japan's reactions.
I got Sandmeh, but I don't have the jacket. I'm just hammering away at Libertynyan S for the time being. The Lucky Crank can wait.

Chopper

YEAH BOI!

xvhgJrU.jpg

I genuinely didn't think that would happen. I was only beating the stage, like, 2 or 3 times every 10 attempts. It really depended on the luck of the initial wibwob drop and then Slurpent RNG. I am very pleased to leave that stage the hell alone and go back to grinding monies.

BatDan

As of yesterday and until Thursday, the rate for SS Ranks and items in the Lucky Crank are up. Still haven't gotten another pass though....

BatDan

Holy shit I got him! Got another pass, set up a team with Dandoodle, Casanuva and Pookivil (with Slurpent). Befriended Libertynyan SS! Now to max him out.

Chopper

Holy shit I got him! Got another pass, set up a team with Dandoodle, Casanuva and Pookivil (with Slurpent). Befriended Libertynyan SS! Now to max him out.
Holy shit. Nice one man. I've given up hope. And I still need Sailornyan and the Sand Suit. :/

Increased odds ends today, right?

Chopper

Well, that event was a bust for me. Not only did I not get a single pass, I didn't even get a Sand Suit! At least 1,000,000 spent.

On the bright side, the cost of the Lucky Crank has gone UP this week. Yaaaaaaay.

BatDan

July Scramble is here.

This one is all about the Fruitnyans. Team Strawbnyan, Grapenyan, and Watermelnyan.
The hidden stages contain Melonyan and Oranyan, and Kiwinyan has a random chance to appear a/la Noko. All are befriendable.

As for new Yo-kai:
Mistank shows up in Defense stages.
In the Lucky Crank-a-Kai, all new (for the West) Yo-kai with Arachnevil and Toadal Demon. More confirmation that Yo-kai Watch Busters/Blasters is coming.
The downside is that the Lucky Crank now costs 4500 a pull instead of 4000. Well, people did say they wanted the game to be more like Puni Puni in Japan. That's going to include the negative parts.

BatDan

So yesterday they increased the rates of Arachnevil and Toadal Demon in the Lucky Crank.
I managed to snag Arachnevil today. He's excellent, he's a Brave Score Booster on Unpleasent's level. Useful when using Demuncher when fighting Tattleterror or Whismallowman. Of course I'll need to pump Soul Secrets into him, and I already have priorities for Unikirin and Mass Mutterer.

Chopper

So yesterday they increased the rates of Arachnevil and Toadal Demon in the Lucky Crank.
I managed to snag Arachnevil today. He's excellent, he's a Brave Score Booster on Unpleasent's level. Useful when using Demuncher when fighting Tattleterror or Whismallowman. Of course I'll need to pump Soul Secrets into him, and I already have priorities for Unikirin and Mass Mutterer.
I am yet to see even a gold ball from the lucky crank. It has been the complete opposite to lucky for me. I could really do with Blazion Awoken too.

Kanashimi

I tried to play this earlier, but my phone wasn't havin' it. I gave up, but finally was reminded and gave it a try on PC. I've been having a lot of fun, and I've convinced the entire house to play at this point. I'm ridiculously behind though, and kinda wandering if there's any way to keep up or is content not coming out that fast?

I really enjoy the currency system in comparison to other mobile games, too. It's a good way to pass the time waiting for season 2 to be on Netflix.

BatDan

New event time!

It's the Inferno Summer Festa
New event map (a recolor of the Infinite Inferno) and new Yo-kai. In the Lucky Crank you can get Smashibull, there's a hidden stage with Komane, and the new coins get you Gleam (fuck this one as that's the only way to get him... for now)

The Medallium also shows slots for Robonyan 3000, Pink Emperor (final name unknown), Komiger, and Azure Dragon.

Kanashimi

So as a nooblet in this game, I'm having trouble getting stars that are have your health above a certain %. I'm running an all Charming team right now, but would it beneficial to get a Tough or Heartful up for these type of stars (I'm only like level 25ish)? Is even having a whole one tribe type of team super optimal or should I be going half one tribe and half another.

BatDan

Gleam has been added to the Lucky Crank-a-Kai, so you no longer need a Festival Coin.
A fourth map has been added, the "Final Inferno Summer Festa". At the end you can fight a tribe-restricted version of Wobblewok. Beating him and you'll have access to Komiger.

I've managed to get all the event Yo-kai (Smashibull, Gleam, Komane and Komiger).

Chopper

Oh man. Komiger is an asshole. I'm only beating him, like, 1 in 10 attempts. What team did you use?

Edit: Got him. Sweet

Still not got either of the Crank exclusives. In fact, I've NEVER got a Crank exclusive. This "Lucky" Crank is ruining the game for me.

BatDan

Gleam and Smashibull rates are up in the Lucky Crank
Not only that, but a new boss is in Score Attack. Robonyan 3000, a Mysterious single attacker. Only Brave, Shady, and Wicked Yo-kai can fight him.
The nice thing is that you don't need to be in the Top 250 to get him. Now it's been expanded to Top 750.

Kanashimi

Blarg, even getting up to 40 to 50 I have no hope of beating the event. I'm spending more time farming money to make sure I can break level cap with my Ss' and one double S.

Chopper

Yeah, this game has become "grind Massiface til your fingers hurt or your brain melts from boredom, and then hope for the best with the Lucky Crank". Fuck that.

I enjoy all the event stuff that actually involves skill, like obtaining Komiger and the new Score Attack bosses, but just relying on pure RNG luck to pull some of the best Yokai in the game is bullshit.

I didn't mind when I had an element of control over the RNG, by maxing Yokai with the regular Crank. But the Lucky Crank ensures that unless you commit an ungodly amount of time to the game, doing the same stage over and over and over again, chances of success are minimal.

I used to pride myself on being able to obtain every Yokai in the game, thanks to my own skill. Unikirin threw doubt on that, and I fucking hate Scramble Battles, but I was fortunate enough to pull him with an SB coin. Since then, everything's gone downhill, and I have had to come to terms with the fact that no matter how good I am at the game, there will always be gaps in my Medallium.

Kanashimi

Yeah, I can see that. The only plus is the fact that Spirit is this thing you can get really easily if you make friends unlike games such as FFRK. So at the very least I don't feel gated, but I'm still going back to bosses and getting a measly 200-400 y-money per try just to make sure when whatever Yo-kai does level I can unlock their cap.

I imagine this might be easier moving forward, but it's a bit of a pain. My roommate is swimming in money because he got Gleam before this new Score Attack, so he just gets this insane auto-bonus.

BatDan

I'm back!
No luck on Shogun King M yet. Been grinding and doing missions. Cranking when I can.
Lots of Mini & Small Soul Secrets though so that's nice. I only have a few A & B Ranks in the Lucky Crank that aren't maxed.

I imagine Monday will see a Rate Up.

Also, Pink Emperor is fucking awesome.

BatDan

I couldn't Shogun King M or Oranyan M... fuck.
At least they'll eventually come back... I hope.

New event.
Captain Thunder M is in the Crank-a-Kai
Effective against Orcanos M, meaning the return of Terror Time.
Also available are Flamurice, Robodraggie, and Leadoni.
I'd play but my phone can't charge properly and can't get to the phone store until tomorrow. Blah...

Seeing as how this is the most active Yo-Kai thread, does anyone have any suggestions for the Psychic Specters OT title? I'm creating it and could use some help.

BatDan

After a weekend filler event, we've got a new one.
Springdale Business Tower.
The Lucky Crank is now the Oni Crank for this event. In it you can get Hinozall, a Yo-kai version of Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino
On the third map (12th floor), you can fight and befriend Hinozall Awoken. Regular Hinozall provides a defense boost. Good luck.
On the second map, the hidden stage contains Sternyan, a Nyan recolor based on Jibanyan's Japanese voice actress. I'm surprised we got him (her?) since he's based on the Japanese voice actress. He provides an attack boost against Hinozall Awoken.
Also in the Oni Crank is Sushiyama, he also provides a defense boost against Hinozall Awoken.

Chopper

Hinozall Awoken is bullshit.

I have Sushiyama and Sternyan, and they do fuck all. Am yet to pull Hinozall, but I can't see myself beating this guy.

BatDan

Yep... about 600k Y-Money put in and nothing. I'll probably save up and wait for the Rate Up. I hope...

Forgot to mention, Skill Books have been added. The SS ranks and the Legendaries now have additional passive skills. You can raise it up to Level 5 with 4 blue Skill Secret Books.
Of course these books are crazy rare. Hell, players can only get one if they gather 13,500 points in the event.
Unfortunately the skills aren't THAT special. The majority of them are bonuses against specific Score Attack bosses. Captain Thunder M is an overall bonus (except events), Libertnyan SS, Shogun King M, Orcanos M, and Pink Emperor provide a tribe bonus (that's really nice) while Oranyan M and Robonyan 3000 reduce damage from a specific tribe (no idea about Oranyan M as I don't have him but Robonyan 3000 gets lower damage from Charming)

EDIT: Event complete! Got all the new Yo-kai, including both Hinozalls. I also got my hands on the Skill Secret Book.
Hinozall Awoken's skill is a boost to Shady Unity and a bonus against Shogun King.
Hinozall Awoken is a single attacker. A bit redundant since we just got Captain Thunder M, but he has higher stats so it's worth it. Plus his skill giving him a boost to Shady Unity really helps.

BatDan

Halloween event coming up. Seems they might go all out as the game icon has replaced Jibanyan with Dracunyan.

BatDan

Yep, it's a Scramble. First one in a while though, and it's different enough to make sense.

BIG event though. Instead of having Yo-kai get treats for Arachnus and Toadal Dude, you have the human characters get treats for Dracunyan.
Kabuking (called by his Japanese name here Kabukiroid) is in the Oni Crank, along with Sir Nyansalot, Maginyan, and the ability to drop a Tough Melon to access Melonyan M. Mysterious Oranges also drop for another chance at Oranyan M.
I haven't gotten far enough but Whismellowman M is available, and can be befriended. Of course he's tough and getting the other new SS ranks is the best way to beat him.
Foiletta and Supoor Hero are also available.

Oh and the Scramble Rounds only last three days instead of four. There's five rounds total. The Top 5 prize is a Melonyan M.

For a few days, Fever Time in the Oni Crank will guarantee an S or SS Rank. Including the return of Pink Emperor. The bad news is that for some reason, D-Ranks Fidgephant and Draggie were added. Why?

BatDan

Time for me to kill the thread.
I deleted the game from my phone. I'm not having fun anymore. The last couple events have felt like grinds. This seems to happen with every mobile game.

Top Bottom