• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Already preloaded and ready to go

I think I've owned the Show in one form or another every year since 09. It's gone from something I just wanted to try out to my single most coveted annualized franchise every year

The thread title is disrespectful btw

Cornbread78

Go Yankees!

Let's Go Yankees!!!

Mods, please ban these Spankee fans....
LOL, it's not even a rivalry right now, lol

AMjAbZx.jpg

My friend, we all must handle mourning in our own way....

Already preloaded and ready to go

I think I've owned the Show in one form or another every year since 09. It's gone from something I just wanted to try out to my single most coveted annualized franchise every year

How is it disrespectful?

I'm ready to play as the Reds....And be part of a terrible team!

U2NUMB

Just pre ordered simply due to Griffey box art so went physical... I wont have time to dig into this game but excited to play on my pro which I just got last night.

Great OT

squall211

Game is downloaded and ready to go.

Setting my alarm for 4AM EST so I can get up early and play a few games before work. Can't wait.

PSN is squall211 if anyone would like to add me for some online play sometime.

Go Mets!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Mods, please ban these Spankee fans....
LOL, it's not even a rivalry right now, lol

AMjAbZx.jpg

My friend, we all must handle mourning in our own way....

LOL! The fighting is now just between fans. The on-field rivalry may be dead for now, but look in the stands and you're bound to see fans of the two teams fist fighting when the game is in Boston. They used to do that in New York as well, but the Yankees have priced the fans who would get drunk and fight out of the newer stadium, so they can't afford to go there to fight. LOL.

If the Yankees were only available via a DLC which the Yankees controlled the pricing on in this game, I'd have to play as some other team. #Greedy. Also, the game isn't representative of the experience at the new Yankee Stadium at all. The game shows lots of fans in their seats. When I go to games, most are up shopping somewhere, and the area behind home plate is nearly empty. LOL. Love the game though.

Crash331

As somebody that's not super in to baseball, but I enjoy sitting back and playing a few games or playing with my son, are there good reasons for me to buy this if the last one I had was The Show 14?

LOL! The fighting is now just between fans. The on-field rivalry may be dead for now, but look in the stands and you're bound to see fans of the two teams fist fighting when the game is in Boston. They used to do that in New York as well, but the Yankees have priced the fans who would get drunk and fight out of the newer stadium, so they can't afford to go there to fight. LOL.

If the Yankees were only available via a DLC which the Yankees controlled the pricing on in this game, I'd have to play as some other team. #Greedy. Also, the game isn't representative of the experience at the new Yankee Stadium at all. The game shows lots of fans in their seats. When I go to games, most are up shopping somewhere, and the area behind home plate is nearly empty. LOL. Love the game though.

I remember going to games at the old Yankee Stadium when I was a kid for Boston games and there was always a fight near me. Good times!

NoKisum

Time to be "that guy" again.

Any word on dreads for the character creator? I know they got ditched last game since McCutchen cut his hair.

oatmeal

Banned
Just curious, what needs to change for you to buy back in? This is a real question, and I am not questioning your decision at all.
The game is great, I typically buy every other year. I feel like it's definitely gotten stale visually though. I was really excited about the PS4 versions and have bought two of them but I find my playtime goes down with every release.

I just want to be blown away by it like I was in 09, I think it was when they overhauled the game? Haven't had that moment in this gen yet.

Xater

Shorter list to ask which not to like. Pretty sure it's just the Yankees. That said, Go Yankees!

I usually liked the Yankees. They are on the east coast, so it makes it easier to watch games from them. They are also usually pretty good.

I know the Twins have German guy this season, Max Kepler, which is kinda cool. The Twins are not especially good though.

Most played game every year. Preloaded the digital deluxe version and have an extra $35 in my wallet for stubs. Can't wait.

Couleurs

As somebody that's not super in to baseball, but I enjoy sitting back and playing a few games or playing with my son, are there good reasons for me to buy this if the last one I had was The Show 14?

Honestly, probably not unless you play Road to the Show or online, or if Retro mode appeals to you.

Graphics will be sightly better than 14 (huge improvements if you have a PS4 Pro) but otherwise most changes since then are ones that you'd need to be a baseball fan to notice (updated rosters, more realistic hit variations due to improved physics etc)

iiicon

It's been a few years, maybe the first or second Bautista cover, since I last played The Show. I still have a PSN 20% off coupon to use. It might be time to jump back in.

Xater

Honestly, probably not unless you play Road to the Show or online, or if Retro mode appeals to you.

Graphics will be sightly better than 14 (huge improvements if you have a PS4 Pro) but otherwise most changes since then are ones that you'd need to be a baseball fan to notice (updated rosters, more hit variation due to improved physics etc)

I think what DD has become is a big deal. Of course you have to be into that kind of mode.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
There is no way I can associate this game or series with anything other than that glitch. It's forever carved into my head.

It's been a few years, maybe the first or second Bautista cover, since I last played The Show. I still have a PSN 20% off coupon to use. It might be time to jump back in.

Yeah, last one I played was the one with Bautista farting on the cover. Reckon I'll grab this year's version, not a baseball fan but RTTS is addictive as hell.

If anyone wants to play some online games when it's out, my GT is TheNeXt6

I got the Hall of Fame edition preordered from Gamestop lol

Also if there's a gaf league, I'd love to join

Asked this in another thread but figured OT was better.

Picked up last year's edition and really enjoyed it. Only dug into the Road to the Show mode but was enjoying my 2nd season in the majors after getting called up from AAA. Will i be able to carry on with that character in the new game?

Also, I'd love to get this digitally now that PS4 supports external HD's so it's always at my fingertips. Would I be able to load a bunch of music on their to use to customize the game?

Wasn't thinking I'd upgrade as I didn't play last year's titled as much as expected, but now I may have to.

Xater

Asked this in another thread but figured OT was better.

Picked up last year's edition and really enjoyed it. Only dug into the Road to the Show mode but was enjoying my 2nd season in the majors after getting called up from AAA. Will i be able to carry on with that character in the new game?

Also, I'd love to get this digitally now that PS4 supports external HD's so it's always at my fingertips. Would I be able to load a bunch of music on their to use to customize the game?

Wasn't thinking I'd upgrade as I didn't play last year's titled as much as expected, but now I may have to.

Yes you can continue with your RTTS.

Im pretty sure music customization is not in.

Shock32

There is no way I can associate this game or series with anything other than that glitch. It's forever carved into my head.

I'm so glad they fixed it, I want to pay this game tonight at midnight and if that glitch happened. Good lord my PS Pro would have gone out the window.

Yes you can continue with your RTTS.

Im pretty sure music customization is not in.

Damn, good and bad news that puts me back on the fence.

I only put a few hours worth of effort into customizing my in game music, but the included tunes were quite annoying to me so having my own stuff run for the in game menus helped a lot, plus i love the custom walk up music for my player.

Didn't quite get to the point of customizing the foul, fly out and other music cues but definitely intended to do so.

Kumquat

I have bought this the last two years but I was gonna wait a year. I really only play RTTS. Could someone tell me if it is worth getting this year for that reason and what has improved in RTTS?

I believe music customization returned last year and has increased options this year. Sounds of the Show I belive it is called.

Yaaas, that's what I wanted to hear.

Makes such a huge difference to me. With other games I'll turn off the in-game music, run the video game sounds out of my tv speaker and my own music through the stereo, but official support is so much better.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I usually liked the Yankees. They are on the east coast, so it makes it easier to watch games from them. They are also usually pretty good.

I know the Twins have German guy this season, Max Kepler, which is kinda cool. The Twins are not especially good though.

Yeah, I think as I get older I appreciate other teams more and more. I'd like to know why the Yankees can't solve Dallas Keuchel of the Astros.

I like the Red Sox, Mets, and several other teams. I can't watch the Twins. LOL.

Crash331

Graphics will be sightly better than 14 (huge improvements if you have a PS4 Pro) but otherwise most changes since then are ones that you'd need to be a baseball fan to notice (updated rosters, more realistic hit variations due to improved physics etc)

I've got a Pro and a 4k TV. Would that make a difference?

Kiyo

I've got a Pro and a 4k TV. Would that make a difference?

I mean, if you're looking for reasons, then having a Pro and 4k TV would make the game look significantly better. That along with the roster updates might be enough for you? It really depends if you'd play other things like RTTS or check out retro mode.

Top Bottom