• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Zavvi is about to release new Steelbooks of Marvel Movies. Posted because they are always sold out pretty fast. Incredible Hulk and Hulk were gone after 3 minutes.

Dr Strange

65342_6f11c88faab974259082a31d9cfabeb4_strange1.jpg

Captain America: Civil War

civil1.jpg

Ha, this post made me realize seven MCU movies open with a flashback, (not including First Avenger, which opens with a flashforward).

I guess it is getting pretty old hat.

I mean, I am not angry about it, but its obivious at this point that they just wank about their deaging tech at this point.

SpaceWolf

Banned
For me, I'm sort of fascinated by de-aging tech, and Marvel usually does it so well, I kind of enjoy seeing it in action in their movies.

I mean, getting to see 20 year old Kurt Russel at the beginning of Guardians Volume 2 was definitely an unexpected surprise. Same with 19 year old Robert Downey Jr in Civil War.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Honourable mention to the best use of actually aging an actor I've probably ever seen on film, outside of recasting the role with a lookalike:

tumblr_nj45swCJIv1th1illo1_500.gif

De-aging tech is the long game. Marvel isn't going to go with new actors... They're going to replace current ones with CGI versions of themselves.

You have to pay royalties to use the actor's likeness, though.

Depends on the contract. A lot of times likeness rights are included for the length of the contract (sometimes longer lasting than that) for merch.

In any case, the primary reason to replace the actors is their getting older, with payscale being secondary.

okdakor

De-aging tech is the long game. Marvel isn't going to go with new actors... They're going to replace current ones with CGI versions of themselves.

I think that's what they're doing, end of contracts approaching, aging actors... they could be the first studio to propose a new kind of contract, including the rights to use your CG model, or mocap clauses. They found the perfect Cap ? They can keep him, and free the actor.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Screenrant claims the supposed leaked Punisher release date is wrong.

While we know the series will premiere on Netflix at some point before the end of 2017, all involved have been incredibly coy about setting any specific date; the official trailer for the show even kept the day and month obscured. It was recently rumored that mystery date had been finally revealed by Total Film, whose feature on the film said all episodes would be available on October 13, just a few weeks from now. However, we've since heard that this isn't the case.

A source close to Screen Rant suggests The Punisher date isn't the official one Netflix is shooting for. We have no further details regarding when exactly the show will premiere, but it seems we can rule out October 13.

The Kree

Banned
I think so. And I kind of hope it does happen, if purely for the reason that Kree will lose like, three avatar bets in a row on account of that outrageous bet he made about it never reaching the production stage.

I'll be permanently banned long before I have to pay that debt.

I would assume Marvel would have something in the contract to protect them from Sony meddling, for the three(?) films they're making together at the very least. After that they'd just not renew the contract and Sony would tank Spider-Man again. I really hope Sony keeps their shit together.

I wonder, would Marvel kill MCU Spidey if that happened to put a definitive end on his MCU timeline and make sure that nobody confuses Sony's next Spider-Man movies as theirs?

SpaceWolf

Banned
I would assume Marvel would have something in the contract to protect them from Sony meddling, for the three(?) films they're making together at the very least. After that they'd just not renew the contract and Sony would tank Spider-Man again. I really hope Sony keeps their shit together.

I wonder, would Marvel kill MCU Spidey if that happened to put a definitive end on his MCU timeline and make sure that nobody confuses Sony's next Spider-Man movies as theirs?

I guess they have already set up the fact that Miles is waiting in the wings.

El Topo

I would hope that Sony would not be dumb enough to end their business relationship with Marvel. I know, I know, it is Sony we're talking about, that's why I wrote hope.

when is NYCC? If we know the panel date for The Punisher, we could probably guess when the thing comes out since this is supposed to be a "surprise drop."

Pachimari

I can't believe there's only a little more than a month till The Runaways and they still haven't shown us Old Lace. We wanna see the dino! They've said it's very faithful to the comic book one.

SpaceWolf

Banned
There's a pretty great sounding Thor: Ragnarok cameo/spoiler floating around the net, but it sounds so fun, I'm not sure I want to ruin it even here.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't know how reliable they are but the Weekly Planet is claiming that a certain famous actor is going to appear in Ragnarok in a cameo.

Skip to 21:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wju_SZVO22A

It's said there is a scene set on Asgard involving an Asgardian play where it recounts the events from the first Thor movie. In the play, the role of Loki is played by an Asgardian actor, played by Matt Damon.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.theroot.com/best-part-of-congressional-black-caucus-week-exclusive-1818710112

Exclusive footage from Black Panther was shown for the Congressional Black Caucus.

The action is kinetic, like a mixture of Coogler’s fight scenes from Creed and the manic bullet ballets from Kingsman movies. Okoye and Nakia pull out spears and start fighting off henchmen, and T’Challa is diving over tables while Klaue is shooting at Ross, T’Challa and everyone else to make his escape. T’Challa effortlessly makes a 20-foot leap into the upper balcony to chase after Klaue, only to have to dodge a slew of lasers as Klaue’s hand transforms into a cannon of some kind. Then the scene ends.

Holy shit...

Top Bottom