• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

taco543

Yo just under 15 hope it's on the eShop right at 12

Edit: top of the page!
MTM4NTk2MmMyYSMvakhmRk11b0xSQjlXUEdHSllRZEdPLXpoeGlvPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vNGNlODhwc3VsbHd2d3NkcGh5ZGFhNWV1dng3amt5ZWZxeG5sZDY2Z3preWwxaTBncnJ0eWhwcW11eWZnZGx1ZC5naWY.gif

Man this game is so much fun. I was on the fence about it because I don't really like fighting games, I wasn't great at the Test Punch and I never really got the hang of it, and it sounded like there might not be a ton of content. I decided to buy it on a whim when I realised I could save $20 CDN buying it from Amazon.co.jp...

I'm really glad I jumped in, I've been playing it for hours. The controls have really sunk in and it just feels so good—everything has really clicked. I think it's more fun than Mario Kart 8, which I also really enjoyed.

LotusHD

Banned
Man this game is so much fun. I was on the fence about it because I don't really like fighting games, I wasn't great at the Test Punch and I never really got the hang of it, and it sounded like there might not be a ton of content. I decided to buy it on a whim when I realised I could save $20 CDN buying it from Amazon.co.jp...

I'm really glad I jumped in, I've been playing it for hours. The controls have really sunk in and it just feels so good—everything has really clicked. I think it's more fun than Mario Kart 8, which I also really enjoyed.

I haven't clicked this hard with a fighting game since Smash lol

Not sure I'll be getting the game but I love the thread title. Glad to see so much hype around a new Nintendo IP. Between the success of this and splatoon hopefully this encourages Nintendo to only experiment even more.

What control method are you using?

On the fence myself...

LotusHD

Banned
'Cause it's the best game. Sleeper 2017 fighter.

Definitely the best for me. I suck at fighting games (As in, online would depress me) despite desperately wishing otherwise lmao, so having a game that controls like this is perfect for me, it feels like I can ultimately manage just fine.

What control method are you using?

On the fence myself...

Motion controls. I'm also surprised by how responsive and fun they are. The Joycons just sort of disappear into your hands because they're so light, and you just move around very naturally.

I just tried playing handheld mode now, and it works perfectly well too, but it's not nearly as fun personally. The physical element of the motion controls has really clicked for me.

Speely

Banned
Definitely the best for me. I suck at fighting games (As in, online would depress me) despite desperately wishing otherwise lmao, so having a game that controls like this is perfect for me, it feels like I can ultimately manage just fine.

Samesies. It just feels good, even when I lose. I guess that is to be expected from the Mario Kart team. ;)

There's a chance the lobby will start. If you can't join once it's started let me know

It seems people can join

Let me know if you sent request

maven

My brother has picked up a copy for me (Aus). Will grab it after work and fire it up. $65 AUD at JB hifi (price matched big W) - good price compared to RRP.

Now I just need another pair of joycon for local multi...

BSpot

Can you, like, powercycle the switch and it will resume a download? Because holy fuck... isn't it like a 2.2gb game? It's been stuck on 29% for over 5 min. This ain't right...

DKL

Can you, like, powercycle the switch and it will resume a download? Because holy fuck... isn't it like a 2.2gb game? It's been stuck on 29% for over 5 min. This ain't right...

I tried turning that shit off and it's still slow ;-;

Try airplane mode then un airplane mode by holding down home button. Now its 1% every 20 seconds which I guess I'll take.

RIP in piece eShop servers for Splatoon 2 launch.

Top Bottom