• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown incoming?

Kuroyume

Banned
Woop dee doo

Why is anyone surprised? It's Crackdown, not Phantom Dust 2 or B-K 3. It's like someone being surprised about a new Gears.

V_Ben

Banned
I don't think this is a Star Trek movie poster. I looked up some and none of those look like that. +this is the games section of the OS.

untitledkoklp.png

Top right is Lionhead's next Fable game.

I don't think this is a Star Trek movie poster. I looked up some and none of those look like that. +this is the games section of the OS.

untitledkoklp.png

The third image on the bottom row is Bloodwake. I can feel it in my bones. It's Bloodwake. It's finally happening.

The bottom on the right is so obviously Lionhead's new IP. It's either that or the Fable MMO. It's clearly their art design/style.

Woop dee doo

Why is anyone surprised? It's Crackdown, not Phantom Dust 2 or B-K 3. It's like someone being surprised about a new Gears.

Why is anyone surprised? Because the first game was great and we haven't heard anything about the series since the second one was released 3 years ago.

Christ, only 8 months? Well that makes sense then.

I really hope Ruffian is making it though. They deserve a second shot at it.

Yep, only 8 months. They don't talk about it much, but here's some info on CD2 development.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2010/07/02/ruffians-hell-high-times-with-crackdown-2

Indeed they do. They made some great changes in CD2 as well bringing some pretty sweet additions. A fully fledged sequel, given the time it needs could be pretty darn sweet from Ruffian.

Just one thing, there had better be transforming cars or there'll be hell to pay.

Alx

This reminds me that at some point of the show, they were mentioning games, with a short clip of a colorful environment, and a Zelda-like fairy fluttering around (or was it a pointer ?). It made me think of Kameo at the moment. But now that I'm trying to remember, it could also be the weird thing in Kinectimals. :p

Bebpo

Banned
Crackdown 2 was one of the worst games this entire gen. Unless they reassmbled the original crackdown team, not too optimistic...

rouken

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

1. Quantum Break (Remedy)
2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
6. Maybe something from Ubisoft?
7. ?
8. ?

Woop dee doo

What? The last game we got was damn near three years ago. That's why people are surprised, everyone thought MS had abandoned the IP.

There were no rumours it was in development, pretty sure a developer from Ruffian even confirmed as much. So it's existence is a surprise. A bloody great one at that.

dorkimoe

I really couldnt get into crackdown 2 as much as i Did 1...i thought it was pretty hard. But i would definitely welcome another!

so 15 games..

Sequel/Spin Off

1. Forza 5
2. Crackdown 3?
3. Fable?
4. Halo?
5. Kinect Sports?
6. ?
7. ?

New Ip

1. Quantum Break (Remedy)
2. Black Tusk's game
3. Ryse
4. Rare's game
5. Respawn's game?
6. Maybe something from Ubisoft?
7. ?
8. ?
Are you counting Kinect Sports as the "Historic" Rare game or could we add that to the list of Sequel/Spin Off?

What was the game at the start of the dash segment where a fairy was flying around and casting light over the environment...?

Kameo?

Yep, Rare's game will be a casual Wizards&Warriors reboot with 3rd person cartoon violence. Picture fits the theme and 'Legacy IP' rumours point to something like this.

Alx

What was the game at the start of the dash segment where a fairy was flying around and casting light over the environment...?

Kameo?

Nope.
2078509-61776_lg.png

Joking. But at the moment, I think there are equal chances between Kameo and Kinectimals. :D

Kydd BlaZe

Ruffian flat out said that they are not working on Crackdown 3, so I wonder who would be developing this? I wonder if Real Time Worlds is back on board after Microsoft basically ditched them after the first Crackdown.

MCN

Banned
Ruffian flat out said that they are not working on Crackdown 3, so I wonder who would be developing this? I wonder if Real Time Worlds is back on board after Microsoft basically ditched them after the first Crackdown.

Real Time Worlds don't exist any more. They went out of business after APB flopped.

The third image on the bottom row is Bloodwake. I can feel it in my bones. It's Bloodwake. It's finally happening.

The bottom on the right is so obviously Lionhead's new IP. It's either that or the Fable MMO. It's clearly their art design/style.

Not Fable. It has the Rare logo on it. Top right could be Fable.

Ouch.

Well that causes more concern then. Who would be developing this? A new studio?

Maybe Ruffian Studios.

derFeef

Ouch.

Well that causes more concern then. Who would be developing this? A new studio?

Ruffian made Crackdown 2, who mostly persist out of people who made Crackdown 1.
They did say that they are not working on Crackdown 3 though - so who knows who would make a new Crackdown.

TheOddOne

Hmm, you're right. Huh.
Good guess though. No idea what it is though.

All the other panels have sub-panels with each a seperate movie or trending item:

jUrlfqkfNwsOz.png

jmvUYyFfjow8R.png

The same logic could be applied here I guess, each of the sub panels are individual games.

jtLJvp6qoritx.png

Top Bottom