• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' premieres digitally August 2nd

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/757659471749545985

CoO_RVxWAAEzAiN.jpg:large

NeoRaider

Yeah this was announed with the trailer released one week ago. Old news.

That crowd play from what i read sounds weird tho.

jacobeid

Banned
Legitimate, not trying to troll question:

Did they do any substantial work on their engine? I don't want to play another TT game running like the rest of their stuff. My most recent TT game is Tales from the Borderlands.

Alastor3

Legitimate, not trying to troll question:

Did they do any substantial work on their engine? I don't want to play another TT game running like the rest of their stuff. My most recent TT game is Tales from the Borderlands.

Yes, it's a totally new revamp of their engine, watch the trailer, you will see.

I know this is a new engine, but how have Telltale's recent PS4 ports been? The last time I played a Telltale game on console was Walking Dead Season 1 on 360. I'm grabbing this next week, but can't decide between getting the PC version for superior performance, or the PS4 version so I can more easily sit on the couch and play it alongside my fiancé.

Just started playing this. Framerate not great on PS4. Seems to go below 30fps in some scenes

Ouch. Sad to hear. Hopefully some optimizations roll out eventually. I don't like buying Telltale games at launch due to the episodic scheduling anymore, so I'll be waiting until all the episodes are out. Hoping things are fixed up by that time... Love the idea of a Telltale Batman story.

Ouch. Sad to hear. Hopefully some optimizations roll out eventually. I don't like buying Telltale games at launch due to the episodic scheduling anymore, so I'll be waiting until all the episodes are out. Hoping things are fixed up by that time... Love the idea of a Telltale Batman story.

They won't be. This is just how telltale games are.

I ended up getting the GoT and TftB on a season pass sale when they came out, and was absolutely blown away by Tales, but extremely let down by GoT. Will definitely wait for GAF's impressions on this one. Bugger about the framerate drops.

This game should be 60fps, it's not really any more visually intensive than other TT games but can't even seem to be locked at 30fps. Framerate drops are noticeable during the initial action scene

Corpekata

Banned
How long is the gap between chapters for these sorts of things? Couple of months?

They've gotten pretty good about it in the past year. Minecraft was super fast, TWD: Michonne was too. The starts of Borderlands and Game of Thrones had pretty large gaps but the back halves came out quick.

styl3s

It depends. Minecraft: Story Mode fans will tell you the gap is about one month long, while Wolf Among Us fans will tell you to fuck off.
That last episode took like 3 months to come out on Minecraft no? Aside from Michonne every other series i can think of (TWD/Wolf/Game of Thrones/Borderlands) all had around 2-3 months in between episodes.

I jumped on the PSN pre-order since it comes with Wolf Among Us. $22 for 2 full games seems worth it for me.

I'm excited to finally get to play the Bruce Wayne side of Batman for once! I'm torn on wether or not to be a huge jerk to everyone for the laughs.

I've checked it out on the Steam Store, but you can only buy the full package so far. I'd like to just buy the first episode.

dEvAnGeL

i've been watching streams of this game and it looks so unpolished, i already preordered it on steam but thank god for refunds, will try out the game tomorrow for sure but as things look i don't think ill keep it

Top Bottom