• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

The US gaming press now have their Wii U systems and will be rolling out reviews, previews and unboxings until launch.

With no OT I thought this would be a good thread to have to post links and thoughts on.
I'll try and keep this updated as much as I can too.

Review Embargo Dates:

Nov. 13
Ninja Gaiden 3

Nov. 15
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land

Nov. 18
Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders 2
Just Dance 4
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
TankTankTank
ZombiU

Giant Bomb:
Wii U Unboxing!
Quick Look: Tank! Tank! Tank!
Quick Look: Scribblenauts Unlimited

IGN:
Wii U Unboxing!
I Spent the Night with Wii U [Impressions]

Game Informer:
Nintendo Land

Destructoid:
Jim Sterling's Living Room Diaries: Wii U Unboxing
Jim Sterling's Living Room Diaries: Touch Controls Review (Instances where Wii U is doing it well)
Wii U Controls looking Promising

Game Spot:
Wii U Unboxing

Shack News:
Wii U Unboxing

Rev:
Wii U Unboxing

Game Trailers:
Wii U Unboxing

Wired:
9 Things You Need to Know About Wii U

Polygon:
How Wii U and Nintendo changed Tekken

Misc:
Episode 1: A Cat Unboxes Wii U
Wii U has ROUNDED DISCS

7TztE.jpg

zroid

Banned
So the Pro Controller has a standardized USB mini port. Excellent.

EDIT: interesting, bundled Nintendo Land doesn't come with a Club N code. Will it be accounted for by the Wii U system's registration code?

Hiltz

Yeah, the Wii U actually does look pretty small in person.

In order to play Wii games, I wonder if it matters if the Wii U is placed horizontally or vertically. You know, like Wii was for GameCube bc. Although, only the premium SKU includes the plastic console stand.

ASTROID2

In order to play Wii games, I wonder if the Wii U console has to be placed horizontally like the Wii is for GameCube bc. We know it can be used vertically (with the plastic stands on as seen in IGN unboxing). However, the basic Wii U SKU doesn't come with the stands.

What? I played GC games on my Wii vertically.

In order to play Wii games, I wonder if the Wii U console has to be placed horizontally like the Wii is for GameCube bc. We know it can be used vertically (with the plastic stands on as seen in IGN unboxing). However, the basic Wii U SKU doesn't come with the stands.

edit: misread, nvm

$200

Banned
Wii Sports didn't come in a box? I'm pretty sure I have a case for that game, or maybe it's exclusive to PAL or something.

ohlawd

In order to play Wii games, I wonder if it matters if the Wii U is placed horitzontally or vertically in order to play Wii games on. You know, like Wii was for GameCube bc.

wat. I played GC games on my vertically placed Wii since launch. No problems.

Edit: oh I quoted your edit..

It shouldn't matter what orientation your Wii U is in to play Wii games. Same disc size and all.

Hiltz

I've done it before with a wired GameCube controller, but pulling on the cord slightly caused my Wii to fall down in its vertical position. I was using a Wavebird maybe two weeks ago while playing Killer7 on it.

Top Bottom