• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's some Nintendo event in Japan today (COLORED STRAPS!)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Captain Rainbow to the rescue baby. That game is going to be so awesome. Only Rhythm Tengoku Gold can top it. Maybe.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jethro said:
So that's all? Would have been great if they had announced at least one new interesting game.
It's the same retailer meeting they have every so often to discuss their upcoming schedule for the next 3-4 months.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Colored strap-ons bundled with Captain Rainbow FTW.

Oh wait, I read that wrong...

Jethro

jj984jj said:
It's the same retailer meeting they have every so often to discuss their upcoming schedule for the next 3-4 months.

Yeah, I know. But sometimes they show one or two new games. The lineup in Japan is even more thinner than in the rest of world. Wii Music in October Animal Crossing probably in November. What about September and December? And normally Nintendo publish at least two new games each month in the 4. Quarter.

And I am just referring to Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
So, Captain Rainbow already finished? Who's developing it?

It's probably been finished for a while. They trademarked the name and logo last December.

jj984jj said:

Actually, even that's being pretty generous. It's normally just 2 months, 3 on the outside. This is actually one of the longer-reaching conferences they've had in a while :p

Interesting that they seem not to be releasing anything other than PokePlatinum in September. Last retail meeting went until the end of August. This meeting is end of August, and October... which kind of implies September is empty. We already know PokePlatinum is there, so I guess that's it for September.

lo zaffo

Captain Rainbow sent to die with a happy smile on his face ( < 1000 copies first week for granted). IMHO. On the other hand, I think that Rhythm Tengoku Gold will do good for Nintendo. NintendoDS is the answer, or an expensive new input device for Wii ... :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jethro said:
Yeah, I know. But sometimes they show one or two new games. The lineup in Japan is even more thinner than in the rest of world. Wii Music in October Animal Crossing probably in November. What about September and December? And normally Nintendo publish at least two new games each month in the 4. Quarter.

And I am just referring to Wii.
The line-up in Japan isn't thinner than NA at all, I wish that were the case. :\

Also, this seems to be until the end of October, so while they've got nothing for Wii in September we don't know what they've got beyond that. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if Wii Sports Resort was released in December in Japan.

Neo C.

Smiles and Cries said:
so much hate for Captain Rainbow on GAF
Smiles and Cries said:
okay saw the Captain Rainbow trailer uh why is this not on DS?
using the GBA slot
:/

Smiles and Cries said:
oh god I hope Nintendo does not count this as a new IP

hope this turns out to be WiiWare
*facepalm*

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I wonder how can Nintendo expect decent sales of this game, without an appropriate release of screens and footages.
There are some trailers, plus we have known its existence for weeks. Also they have still a few weeks for some advertisements.
Really, it seems as long as the titles aren't shown in E3, people don't pay attention at all.

Jaruru

COLOR STRAPS :D :D :D
the items that should have been released @ launch.

you guys think they'll ever release in US/CAN?

pn18

Banned
103g2z4.gif

Owensboro

Chris Remo said:
Finally, colored straps. Took them long enough. Get on the ball, Nintendo.

If you ask me, they arn't truly on the ball untill those wrist straps are actually part wrist strap, part "Slap Bracelet".

No shit. Ever since I got the Wii I've been saying to myself that my boring gray straps never match my clothes, my walls my anything. No if I just had a bright pink strap to match everything that I own, my life would be complete. Luckily the good old Big N knows is priorities, and probably started working on these straps right after the Wii came out. Finally!

Blu_LED said:
No shit. Ever since I got the Wii I've been saying to myself that my boring gray straps never match my clothes, my walls my anything. No if I just had a bright pink strap to match everything that I own, my life would be complete. Luckily the good old Big N knows is priorities, and probably started working on these straps right after the Wii came out. Finally!

Me and my fiancee bought blue and pink Wiimote straps at launch. Helps keep the controllers organized for when we wanna play multiplayer or something.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Interesting in terms of release dates..as of now they will only have Animal Crossing for the holiday season. I'm betting Japan will get Kirby this year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jel0man said:

GAF: Nintendo had a Japanese retailer meeting and dated Wii Music in Japan.

VG247: Let's email Nintendo of America and find out the SCOOP!

Form Mail: Nintendo of America does not comment on rumor or speculation. Come back to our webpage for news as it is announced!

VG247: FAEK FAEKKKKKE NOT REAL GAF DUm

m00

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Wii Music is full fucking price? -.-

Full-price Wii games in Japan cost 6800 yen. At 5800 yen, Wii Music would probably be sold for $40 in the US.

Vinci

Danish
Um ... I'd actually like to have colored straps. I mean, obviously, it's not new colors for the Wii itself - but it might be nice to have them anyway.

apujanata

m00 said:
Full-price Wii games in Japan cost 6800 yen. At 5800 yen, Wii Music would probably be sold for $40 in the US.

I don't think your statement is correct.
Mario Super Slugger is Yen 5800
Mario Kart Wii is Yen 5800

Jonnyram,
any idea why Captain Rainbow is more expensive ?

apujanata said:
jonnyram,

Is the 16 October for Wii Music 2008 ? Just wanted to make sure, since there was no mention of year in the URL and your post.
Jonnyram,

When you say Wii Music is 4800 yen, is that number in base 10? I just wanted to check because you didn't specifically mention it.

apujanata

Kobun Heat said:
Jonnyram,

When you say Wii Music is 4800 yen, is that number in base 10? I just wanted to check because you didn't specifically mention it.

I've edited my post, to focus on the price.

Top Bottom