• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Surfinn

5K7Qxkh.gif
Lmao

Symphonic

Rey is either a Skywalker or a nobody.

Being a Kenobi or a Palpatine would require way too much explanation to have it make sense.

This might be my favorite use of this

Palpatine yes, but Kenobi has presidence in canon and ties well theomatically w/ Luke's arc.

Sephzilla

He's wearing the mask in the movie.

Why do you think so?

Because zero Last Jedi stuff (that I'm aware of) has shown him in the mask, and in fact we see his mask destroyed in the trailer. He's unmasked in the trailer and in all of the promotional photos.

If anything I imagine he wears it for the first scene of his in the movie and then destroys it because he doesn't need it anymore or some shit.

Surfinn

Luke's kind of a crummy teacher, huh.
Nah I think the point is that Kylo is what he is because of his own decisions.

Remember what Leia said in ANH about Han?

How he is in his own path and no one can choose it for him? No amount of convincing was going to keep him from leaving. Although he ultimately decided to return. Kylo, however, decided to dive headfirst into darkness when presented with an opportunity to do the right thing. No one can save him. Not even his own father.

Luke is going to slowly accept that Ben was always going to turn and that it wasn't really his fault, I think.

He's emotionally devastated. Ben is his family. In SW, there is no one more important than family.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Yunno, that article sure does mention Obi-Wan Kenobi a lot.

Like, a lot.

What are you implying, Bobby? That Lucasfilm specifically asked the Last Jedi cast to mention Obi-Wan Kenobi as much as possible in interviews to serve as a subtle form of marketing of an upcoming Obi-Wan spin-off? That sounds a little far-fetched if you ask me.

Please be true.

Plum

Guys my uncle works at Star Wars and, after asking who Rey's parents were, he handed me a note that simply said:

OB + ? = R

Movie still looking good though. It won't be too hard to beat TFA and Rogue One (especially the latter) but I can definitely see this being something legitimatrly great.

The Last Jedi: With Finn and Rose, a 'big deal' is redeemed by 'a nobody'

We've already seen John Boyega's conscience-stricken Stormtrooper try to escape from a life of wrongdoing. In The Last Jedi, Finn finds himself ready to abandon the good guys, too.

You can't blame him. He has been critically wounded by a lightsaber attack that still burns and has never quite healed. He watched Han Solo, another reluctant hero, die horribly at the hands of his own son.

Finn did his part. Starkiller base has been destroyed. Now he wants out.

Afrocious

Now he's got a cool scar though

Yeah but he's white and I'm black, and while it's not big deal at all, I still think folks would get confused at who I'm dressing as if I decide to go as Kylo without a helmet. Though maybe the saber and robes are enough.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
We’ve already seen John Boyega’s conscience-stricken Stormtrooper try to escape from a life of wrongdoing. In The Last Jedi, Finn finds himself ready to abandon the good guys, too.

You can’t blame him. He has been critically wounded by a lightsaber attack that still burns and has never quite healed. He watched Han Solo, another reluctant hero, die horribly at the hands of his own son.

Finn did his part. Starkiller base has been destroyed. Now he wants out.

Jesus Christ, someone get Bright Noa to slap this guy into shape.

p8UHatL.gif

huh, so why is the title wrong in brazil?

Marketing people are weird.

Meowster

I don't think I've seen it here on GAF but I wish the people complaining about how the new movies are "undoing" Luke's development on Twitter and Tumblr would at least wait until this movie is out. There is still a lot of information missing.

Top Bottom