• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Rumor: Jak and Daxter Collection coming to Vita

alexg1989

Banned
I seriously hope this leads to more PS2 collections being put on the PS Vita.

I don't know why the God of War collection hasn't been ported already. I'd thought it would've been a great launch title for Vita and if the Vita can handle both MGS2 and 3 on one cart, GOW 1 and 2 should also have been simple...

I'd also like to see:

the DBZ Budokai Collection
the DBZ Tenkaichi Collection
Okami
GTA Collection
Naruto Ultimate Ninja collection...

freaking do it Sony...

Takao

Banned

I don't know why the God of War collection hasn't been ported already. I'd thought it would've been a great launch title for Vita and if the Vita can handle both MGS2 and 3 on one cart, GOW 1 and 2 should also have been simple...

I'd also like to see:

Okami
GTA Collection

freaking do it Sony...

Worst answer ever.

Is this a precursor of things to come?

Doubt it :( damnit Naughty Dog, you and your "realistic" faces & games.

To be honest, I think we're better off. They were working on it before Last of Us, and it didn't sound too great. They basically wanted to reboot it and make it more realistic, which sounded terrible.

cjkeats

Ah man, I bought this the summer for PS3 and never got around to it. Well I guess I'll buy again, Vita would be a much more convient way to play.

Hope there's Transfarring/cross saves of some kind.

Guys, really?

Jak and Daxter: Really fun and did a lot of cool things for it's time. The different types of Eco, lots of vehicles/beasts that are fun to ride on, platforming, exploration, and a continuous world/overworld with no loading times. It's basically a combination of Mario 64, Crash, and a little bit of Banjo Kazooie. Its one of those types of games that just draws you in and you keep playing. Some aspects have not held up with time, it's a bit collection festy and on the easy side (could be a pro or con), but it is a solid game.

Jak II: Ok, I personally didn't like the direction they went. It's essentially the same game engine with some guns (Direct influence from Ratchet and Clank), and it's a lot harder (there's some really frustrating parts, but this was in response to how easy J&D was). Also sadly less There's a couple of things they got right, the open world is cool, and you can spend precursor orbs to unlock stuff, and exploration once again. It might not be the best in the series but it is a necessary part of it.

Jak III: Fixed a lot of the issues with J2. Much better vehicle experience overall. Easier to get around the world and do missions. Brought the game back some to it's platforming roots. It also rapped the story up quite nicely. Feels more like a Jak AND Daxter game.

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier: Hoping to play soon, trying to make space on my vita!

That said, I know what I'm gonna spend my time doing today!!

Spiegel

I'm all for this. I replayed and finished MGS2 on the Vita and realized that it's the best way for playing PS2 games.

I hope Ico/SotC are next.

Pachimari

Instantly my most wanted game.

Jak & Daxter: Precursor Legacy is probably on my top 3 all time list and this collection will make Vita a perfect platform to me.

Now add a DMC Collection for Vita, whoof.

seldead

Fuck I loved the Jak series. Gaf's hate of the second one boggles my mind because its probably one of my favourite games ever. The seamless world was amazing in 2003, looking down at the city from the top of the baron's tower and knowing you could go to every one of those places really showed how hard they were pushing the console and gave the game a sence of cohesion in its own world that I had never seen before it.

My ten year old self loved its difficultly, to the point I was disappointed at how easy they made Jak 3. I also loved the city and swooping up and down to dodge the traffic of the slums or simply jump from car to car as a way of getting through it. In hindsight I think the binary nature of the Crimson Guard's alert status could of done better to use something like GTA's 5 star system but there was so much depth packed in other areas, like the platformimg and the hover board it was easily forgiven.

So nostalgic goddamn.

Drago

When is there gonna be a price drop, been looking for one lately.

There was already on in Japan (I think it was ~$50 USD), who knows when we'll get a price drop in NA/EU. Hopefully soonish.

I'll probably end up craigslisting one though, more often than not you can find Vitas there with a good sized memory card and a game or two bundled in for prices much lower than $250

There was already on in Japan, who knows when we'll get a price drop in NA/EU. Hopefully soonish.

I'll probably end up craigslisting one though, more often than not you can find Vitas there with a good sized memory card and a game or two bundled in for prices much lower than $250

That's what I've been doing the past few days. Found one for $160 with a 16gb card but the guy ditched me at the last second.

FYC

Banned
Instantly my most wanted game.

Jak & Daxter: Precursor Legacy is probably on my top 3 all time list and this collection will make Vita a perfect platform to me.

Now add a DMC Collection for Vita, whoof.

TszirzR.gif

If I could play DMC3 on my Vita... Good lord. I already have Devil May Cry wallpapers, make it happen Capcom. (Why did you bark)

Never finished these games so I'll probably get this collection. Should be fun.

Pachimari

Oh man, this is instantly my most awaited game now - I just want an official announcement from Sony, hopefully next week.

I have been craving to play the original Jak & Daxter on a portable in forever ad it's finally happening - those bright colors on the OLED display. Would also be exciting to try transporting oneself around with the hover bikes in Jak II: Renegade on a portable.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Oh man, this is instantly my most awaited game now - I just want an official announcement from Sony, hopefully next week.

I have been craving to play the original Jak & Daxter on a portable in forever ad it's finally happening - those bright colors on the OLED display. Would also be exciting to try transporting oneself around with the hover bikes in Jak II: Renegade on a portable.

Yeah, Jak I on dat OLED... :)! MGS HD collettion on PS Vita was an awesome experience, I want more of it :).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

I'd also like to see:

Okami
GTA Collection

freaking do it Sony...

Add to it the ICO & SotC HD collection too. Remote play is not really the same thing as having it truly portable :).

Goddamnit, I felt like a sucker for probably buying ps2 game again for the third time, and I'honestly tempted to. Not just jak n daxter but for a lot of my current ps2/3 collection. :(

If this is true I might get this since I did like Jak 2 but didnt get to play Jak 3. The first game felt like a poor mans platforming game that was bland as hell. It never became more than good at best.

Drago

yesjacknicholson.gif

Can't wait to play these games again, and I will try to finally finish off Jak 3.

I really hope that the games trophies are cross compatible with the PS3 trophies, as when I was playing the PS3 collection I was doing it on an account different from my main one, so my Jak 1 plat and most of the Jak 2 trophies are on an account I don't use. I don't feel compelled to play through the games again right now on a PS3 just to regain the trophies, but I would do so on Vita. :/

rjc571

Banned
If love more quality PS2 ports to the Vita. Twisted Metal: Black Online edition would be great.

Me too. Bring on Sly/Ape Escape/Ratchet! Though we should probably wait and make sure this turns out to be a "quality" port first (60 fps locked for all three games please).

Drago

Also, I wonder if it's Mass Media porting these games again (they did it for PS3) or someone else.

Overall they did a good job considering how cryptically coded the games were, even though I think the games ran at a resolution a little less than 720p. It still looked and played great though.

Top Bottom