• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think I might purchase FFXV on Origin. STEAM is an uncurated cesspool right now and I figure it's time to try out some alternatives.

oh you're leaving Steam for Origin are you? Leave then, leave like your hero left.

zlganyqrf70z.gif

Mivey

I think I might purchase FFXV on Origin. STEAM is an uncurated cesspool right now and I figure it's time to try out some alternatives.
I know what you mean. It makes me feel just dirty knowing that the same platform and API that the games I like and buy are used by so many games I don't like. It's how I used to organize book burnings so I could feel better about lending from my local library. Strangely enough it always attracted these people in brown uniforms, and these Hindu symbols.

Momentary

Banned
Well... to tell you the truth my OCD won't allow it to happen since I already have all the Final Fantasies on STEAM anyways.

But for real all these asset flipped games really hinder those devs that put real work into games that need time on the storefront.

I guess I'm just salty. I'm a big fan of shmups and since they are already a niche genre it's really hard for them to get any notoriety.

Origin does seem to have come a long ways from when I last used it though.

Well... to tell you the truth my OCD won't allow it to happen since I already have all the Final Fantasies on STEAM anyways.

But for real all these asset flipped games really hinder those devs that put real work into games that need time on the storefront.

I guess I'm just salty. I'm a big fan of shmups and since they are already a niche genre it's really hard for them to get any notoriety.

Origin does seem to have come a long ways from when I last used it though.

Origin has 0 shmups.

Pixieking

Banned
The new releases tab is on the storefront.

Are you being serious? I can't tell. :)

My "New Releases" tab has:

Agents of Mayhem
Observer
Distrust
Darkwood
Nidhogg2
West of Loathing
Batman - The Enemy Within
The Escapists 2

And 8 smaller games. None of which could even come close to "asset flip".

illusionary

When does TF2's campaign kick up a notch? It's gunplay is not that exciting these first few levels

"Effect and cause" (mission 5) is the most innovative and enjoyable part of the campaign IMO, but I found all of the missions around that part of the campaign to be very well done. Which mission are you currently up to?

Endruen

Are you being serious? I can't tell. :)

My "New Releases" tab has:

Agents of Mayhem
Observer
Distrust
Darkwood
Nidhogg2
West of Loathing
Batman - The Enemy Within
The Escapists 2

And 8 smaller games. None of which could even come close to "asset flip".
Well, if you click the "New and trending" tab you ain't gonna get many asset flips.
On the other hand, if you click "New releases" you get this:
RwNecFc.png

And if you click on "See more" you'll get a couple of easily noticeable asset flips.

Pixieking

Banned
Well, if you click the "New and trending" tab you ain't gonna get many asset flips.
On the other hand, if you click "New releases" you get this:
RwNecFc.png

And if you click on "See more" you'll get a couple of easily noticeable asset flips.

So

1) Half that page is devoted to DLC for this:

Fantasy Grounds is a hybrid application which allows you to play and create your own RPG games. It facilitates this play and provides some optional add-on Adventure modules which can be loaded and played with very little preparation. Each game will require a GameMaster (GM) and one or more

2) Books and Pixel Puzzles seem totally legit.

3) You mean to say that I have to make a specific set of choices and mouse clicks for me to see some stuff that may be asset flips.

*shrugs*

Okays. I'm fine with that, considering how hard I still find it to come across actual asset flips. :)

Endruen

So

1) Half that page is devoted to DLC for this:

2) Books and Pixel Puzzles seem totally legit.

3) You mean to say that I have to make a specific set of choices and mouse clicks for me to see some stuff that may be asset flips.

*shrugs*

Okays. I'm fine with that, considering how hard I still find it to come across actual asset flips. :)

The point is, all new releases are going to go through that tab, so all asset flips are going to eventually show up there. It's noise for those who use that tab.
I'm not the one complaining, though, I'm just saying what Jim complains about.

Pixieking

Banned
The point is, all new releases are going to go through that tab, so all asset flips are going to eventually show up there. It's noise for those who use that tab.

Ah, well, Jim skews his own store page. If you look at asset flips, Steam's algorithms are more likely to show you asset flips, I believe.

"Angry man finds constant reasons to be angry" is just tiresome after awhile.

Endruen

Ah, well, Jim skews his own store page. If you look at asset flips, Steam's algorithms are more likely to show you asset flips, I believe.

"Angry man finds constant reasons to be angry" is just tiresome after awhile.

I guess so. I understand the complains, and I think it's more about don't letting these assholes get money for this shit practices than anything else.
I still find his jimpressions funny.

Jawmuncher

I'm impressed dreadout actually puts a long as road for you to run on if you decide to say fuck it at the beginning of the game.

Nabs

I'm really liking Unbox. It's like bunny hop the game. All I need is a quake-style rocket launcher, and I'm set.

jtb

Banned
"Effect and cause" (mission 5) is the most innovative and enjoyable part of the campaign IMO, but I found all of the missions around that part of the campaign to be very well done. Which mission are you currently up to?

I think the second or third mission. It's a big sludge disposal facility.

Campaign is surprisingly Mirror's Edge like (particularly the setting of this level, reminds me of Jackknife). a lot of platforming, focus on speedily dashing through combat encounters. It's fine, just hasn't really grabbed me yet

Teggy

I'm really liking Unbox. It's like bunny hop the game. All I need is a quake-style rocket launcher, and I'm set.

It's a cute game. The act of trying to roll a box around got a bit frustrating after a while, so I finished it but didn't do too much more than the minimum. Lots to collect if you are willing to fight the controls.

Teggy

Campaign is surprisingly Mirror's Edge like (particularly the setting of this level, reminds me of Jackknife). a lot of platforming, focus on speedily dashing through combat encounters. It's fine, just hasn't really grabbed me yet

Mission 4 is definitely where it starts to get pretty interesting.

Aaron D.

Distrust is out

I got a 25% Off Coupon today 'cause I own the publisher's other game, Beholder. I believe that game has been in a bundle a few times, so many may own it already by default.

It's valid through 8/30 and it stacks with the game's 20% launch-week promo, bringing the final price to $7.19.

Not too shabby. I had the game Wishlisted for a bit now so I'm going to keep a close eye on its reception over the next few days. My gaming schedule is kinda booked atm, but I might take the dive at that price.

illusionary

Keep going with it - not much tops the sense of fluidity of motion that many of the later missions bring, The comparison to Mirror's Edge is indeed very apt.

zkylon

zkylewd
mJN2Lmx.png

some of these optional boss fights are really tough. i feel like maybe i need to gear up a little more cos they're pretty difficult and long

i feel i'm pretty close to the end, i don't think there's many other places for me to go

Nabs

It's a cute game. The act of trying to roll a box around got a bit frustrating after a while, so I finished it but didn't do too much more than the minimum. Lots to collect if you are willing to fight the controls.

I thought I'd feel that way as well, but it ended up clicking with me. Most of my time is spent bunnyhopping all over the map, spinning the camera around like a mad man.

Parsnip

I bet good old Jim doesn't even have that tab, since it's an ES feature.

mJN2Lmx.png

some of these optional boss fights are really tough. i feel like maybe i need to gear up a little more cos they're pretty difficult and long

i feel i'm pretty close to the end, i don't think there's many other places for me to go

Have you seen any bees?

Did you find yourself?

Kinda surprised how many journalists are getting fucking rocked by the first level. I honestly didn't think it was very hard.

Might have to do another pass on the easy mode. Hmmmmm...
This seems like something you should stick to your guns with considering most podcasts I listen to peg the likes of the original Sonic games as something complicated.

kagamin

Really enjoyed Zero no Kiseki, gonna hold off on Ao though since I wanna be able to either play it without using the spreadsheet or play it with a fan translation at minimum.

Teeth

This seems like something you should stick to your guns with considering most podcasts I listen to peg the likes of the original Sonic games as something complicated.

There's an impression or two in the Gamescom thread that mention it's "tough as nails" and "not for the mainstream"...but I think at least one of those people is a journalist or blogger. Someone from SteamGAF needs to head to Gamescom and tell me if we accidentally created an "I Want To Be the Guy" situation :p

Also, don't worry, we're definitely not changing Hard (it's my preferred way to play) and Normal likely will just get tweaks. It's more so Easy that I'm concerned about.

Teggy

About 12 hrs into Ys: Celceta because I own so many of the games I figured I should play one (and felt like playing in bed). Thought I was playing the latest game, but oops this is the 4th game. And there were two other versions of the 4th game. What a wacky series.

It's ok. I like story in my games, but the way this game makes you walk into every house in town before it lets you continue is a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom