• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Shredderi

Man the stomps I can get into is impressive. It wasn't even hard to do anything. It wasn't even impossible. It's more like we weren't even playing the same game. Surreal. Hundreds of hours and my biggest stomp by far comes in QP. I don't know how the matchmaking failed that bad. If you said that I was playing against the best players in the whole world I would believe you. Jesus fucking christ.

Veelk

Banned
More on D.Va's Micro Missiles

Firing them doesn't stop you from moving, using other abilities, shooting your gun, etc. They just fire by themselves once you press the button. The only thing that stops them is dying or being stunned.

200.gif

This is going to be D.Va soon:

macross-missile-massacre-o.gif

Edit: Holy shit, you can seemingly even do this while Defense Matrix is up, from what he says (though it obviously isn't going to be up for the same length as it is now)

LiK

Hm, I know what was wrong with our stack now. People not focusing enough on the tanks together and focus on other heroes instead so they're constantly protected. Makes killing the squishies way harder. We need to demech DVa asap or she'll just DM most damage. Same with Rein and his barrier. This is a problem.

Also, that random was such a bad DPS.

Hm, I know what was wrong with our stack now. People not focusing enough on the tanks together and focus on other heroes instead so they're constantly protected. Makes killing the squishies way harder. We need to demech DVa asap or she'll just DM most damage. Same with Rein and his barrier. This is a problem.

I was trying to keep my discord on pharah most of the time. Problem is that she can spam from so far away in Oasis that sometimes it's actually impossible to counter her with the usual hitscan. Widow feels like a troll pick on console but she is the only one that can do it at that range.

Owzers widow when?

Owzers

I was trying to keep my discord on pharah most of the time. Problem is that she can spam from so far away in Oasis that sometimes it's actually impossible to counter her with the usual hitscan. Widow feels like a troll pick on console but she is the only one that can do it at that range.

Owzers widow when?
I did get her summer games skin...

LiK

Owzers widow when?

I don't think that's needed. Just need our hitscan DPS to keep focusing pressure on Pharah and distract her enough to stop shooting at our main group. I was trying to focus on her whenever as DVa but I was being focused on my their Zen and DPS which demeched me often enough to keep me outta the fight.

Pretty hilarious the random decided to switch to a Mercy after not doing anything useful as Soldier and Pharah. That guy was useless.

Yeah, I think we do have a problem with concentrating our focus and confirming kills. I need to get in the habit of calling out weak characters as I'm trying to get them, as well as paying attention to other people's callouts and grouping up on enemies. That was our biggest fault - they were focusing hard on me as Winston and then whenever I got high charge as Zarya they all turned focus on me too.

And yeah, that random was not meshing with our group at all.

Another side note: my three best/most played characters this comp season are D. Va/Zen/Lucio and you guys managed to lock me out of all three both games. That's my only explanation for my subpar Winston. :p

EDIT: Went 1-1 with GAF stack and 2-0-1 in solo queue tonight. Not an awful showing. The draw was an intense hold on Hanamura where we held them for almost four minutes after we captured the second point on Attack in overtime. It was dicey but we managed it. Still hoping to get above 2600 before season end, but if they implement the new rules and my placements aren't awful, I should hopefully land starting in Platinum for the first time for season 6 and maybe I can finally march on to Diamond.

LiK

Hey at least he realized he was shit and swapped off dps.

Don't think I've ever had that happen.

He got yelled at by Batman and no one wants to be yelled at by Batman. At least the random wasn't toxic. Felt bad for him lol

Yeah, I think we do have a problem with concentrating our focus and confirming kills. I need to get in the habit of calling out weak characters as I'm trying to get them, as well as paying attention to other people's callouts and grouping up on enemies. That was our biggest fault - they were focusing hard on me as Winston and then whenever I got high charge as Zarya they all turned focus on me too.

Another side note: my three best/most played characters this comp season are D. Va/Zen/Lucio and you guys managed to lock me out of all three both games. That's my only explanation for my subpar Winston. :p

Let us know next time. I'm a flex player and I could play someone else. Ned or Owzers could've taken up Winston.

I did get her summer games skin...

mfTWic2.jpg

I don't think that's needed. Just need our hitscan DPS to keep focusing pressure on Pharah and distract her enough to stop shooting at our main group. I was trying to focus on her whenever as DVa but I was being focused on my their Zen and DPS which demeched me often enough to keep me outta the fight.

Pretty hilarious the random decided to switch to a Mercy after not doing anything useful as Soldier and Pharah. That guy was useless.

I feel like that's a waste because the hitscan won't be able to damage her enough. I think our best bet is D.Va eating up most of the rockets that are coming our way and hitscan only switch focus to her when she gets closer to the main fight. It will always be annoying anyway.

The random wasn't playing his mains, but I also think he was focusing too much on the enemy Pharah when he went Pharah too instead of just harassing the backline with rockets... he had my healing orb most of the time and no hitscan on the other team, he just had to go in but no.

EDIT: Went 1-1 with GAF stack and 2-0-1 in solo queue tonight. Not an awful showing. The draw was an intense hold on Hanamura where we held them for almost four minutes after we captured the second point on Attack in overtime. It was dicey but we managed it. Still hoping to get above 2600 before season end, but if they implement the new rules and my placements aren't awful, I should hopefully land starting in Platinum for the first time for season 6 and maybe I can finally march on to Diamond.

It's harder to play winston with no one to go in with you. I had some rough games with him yesterday because of that, will stick to Rein next time. Until Owzers gets bored of his new dps role anyway, he's still our best main tank, no one else can feed like him xD

CATfe0Q.png

I never get to play DPS in competitive. :(

Let us know next time. I'm a flex player and I could play someone else. Ned or Owzers could've taken up Winston.

Eh. I enjoy playing as Winston and had a great game as him the first game. The six-stack in the second game was eating Winston for breakfast though. I usually play flex too, it's just funny that my main three were all taken.

It's harder to play winston with no one to go in with you. I had some rough games with him yesterday because of that, will stick to Rein next time. Until Owzers gets bored of his new dps role anyway, he's still our best main tank, no one else can feed like him xD

Also I don't like Oasis as a map in general, but especially for Winston. The points allow for breaking line of sight easy so it's harder to jump in and harass and get support from the rest of the team.

But yeah, let's team up and get Owzers back on Reinhardt/Winston. If we suck enough that he won't place in Diamond next season, he'll have to switch back for the climb!

Blues1990

More on D.Va's Micro Missiles

200.gif

This is going to be D.Va soon:

macross-missile-massacre-o.gif

Edit: Holy shit, you can seemingly even do this while Defense Matrix is up, from what he says (though it obviously isn't going to be up for the same length as it is now)

I'm going to wait and see how she handles in the upcoming PTR patch (I'm going to use her Scavenger skin when I play on the JunkerTown Map), but in retrospect, it is weird that D.Va's mech never had a missile-like weapon.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

KTBgOMi.gif

R0ckman

They should just have it for wins and loses enough of this performance evaluation nonsense that messes up the algorithm they have, eventually if you were getting lucky you will become a weak link and end up floating where you should.

Guess I'm still not touching comp, especially since I keep getting placed lower than I should start because they didn't completely wipe everything clean from when it was bugged out, so even if I can shoot up every season its not fun, its not fun being so low that people on your team and the enemy team are flaming you saying you don't belong there. I did meet some cool people during comp, but the horrors of throwers, people dying the second they enter a fire fight, throwers, people playing while baked of their minds, people screaming at each other, not reading chat etc. I can't do it anymore.

Blues1990

Bastion should get mini missiles too.

Buff defense heroes please!

Widowmaker, Junkrat, and Hanzo have revived some nice changes, so it wouldn't surprise me that the others will be next to bat for some love. Torbjorn's head hitbox makes me sad, as I never get obliterated with the other heroes when a Tracer attacks me.

And just like that I'm back to getting three dupes per box again :/

It's like someone at Blizzard flipped a switch and reverted the loot box changes.

MCD

Well, had a terrible day in comp and went 1-5-1, my only win coming from a solo q game. Another 100 SR lost and now I'm not far off where I started this season after being placed. Tired of queuing in stacks and being derailed by the randoms.

I've now lost around 300 SR from where I was three weeks ago. All about that steady decline before season end. It's going to take some serious carrying and luck to even gain some of that back. FML

On the bright side Legacy...

You are not alone lol

Next game I get a trolling Hanzo, Widow and Genji 3-stack on horizon.

This community is so stupid sometimes. You must really have a shit life if ya got nothing better to do than force other people to lose games.

I'll never understand.

Veelk

Banned
I'm going to wait and see how she handles in the upcoming PTR patch (I'm going to use her Scavenger skin when I play on the JunkerTown Map), but in retrospect, it is weird that D.Va's mech never had a missile-like weapon.

OOH OOH

When D.Va in her Junkertown/Scavenger skin and Junkrat are selected in her scavenger skin, they should have an interaction.

Junkrat: Ah, the Scrapyard Queen returns! Didja get that upgrade I told ya about?
D.Va: Yup. 18 Micro Missiles, fully loaded, highly explosive, just like you said.
Junkrat: *Wipes tear from eye* *sniff* That's my girl. I'm so proud.

D.Va's a famous Junkertown figure and Junky's a local. There's no way they don't have something, but if they have a skin exclusive skin to that area, that'd be the best.

Yager

Banned
Well, had a terrible day in comp and went 1-5-1, my only win coming from a solo q game. Another 100 SR lost and now I'm not far off where I started this season after being placed. Tired of queuing in stacks and being derailed by the randoms.

I've now lost around 300 SR from where I was three weeks ago. All about that steady decline before season end. It's going to take some serious carrying and luck to even gain some of that back. FML

Ouch. You should've come with us for a beer lmao. That sucks man, but this season is nonsense. I don't even mind anymore how low/high I will end, because I know it's bullshit. People say "keep playing and you'll eventually climb up"; yeah, well, maybe if I had time to play 5-6 hours every day that would be true, but only having 2-3 hours at best and considering the amount of throwers and leavers we usually get...yeah, that's not happening. Tonight I'll be on, so let's see how that goes.

Blues1990

OOH OOH

When D.Va in her Junkertown/Scavenger skin and Junkrat are selected in her scavenger skin, they should have an interaction.

Junkrat: Ah, the Scrapyard Queen returns! Didja get that upgrade I told ya about?
D.Va: Yup. 18 Micro Missiles, fully loaded, highly explosive, just like you said.
Junkrat: *Wipes tear from eye* *sniff* That's my girl. I'm so proud.

D.Va's a famous Junkertown figure and Junky's a local. There's no way they don't have something, but if they have a skin exclusive skin to that area, that'd be the best.

In addition, Ana has her Wadjet/Wasteland skins, so it would be hilarious if Junkrat's fear of snipers originated with Ana hunting him and Roadhog, what with both having a price on their respective heads.

Ana: You are never gonna to have a better chance.
Junkrat: Er.... At what?
Ana: Escaping.

*Kills Enemy Roadhog* Ana: Don't breathe.

*On Fire* Ana: I'm on fire! Now pick up what you can and run.

_Legacy_

On the bright side Legacy...

You are not alone lol

Ha, that is true! What an awful night.

Ouch. You should've come with us for a beer lmao. That sucks man, but this season is nonsense. I don't even mind anymore how low/high I will end, because I know it's bullshit. People say "keep playing and you'll eventually climb up"; yeah, well, maybe if I had time to play 5-6 hours every day that would be true, but only having 2-3 hours at best and considering the amount of throwers and leavers we usually get...yeah, that's not happening. Tonight I'll be on, so let's see how that goes.

I should have had a beer too, you dodged a bullet last night! Hopefully today goes better.

Yager

Banned
I hate the downward slide in competitive because you get shitty DPS that don't want to switch off. -_-

Sometimes is better to say "fuck it" and go DPS too. A lot of times I had to do this while being a support/tank because the guys playing DPS heroes couldn't kill a damn thing. What's the point of supporting those people if the only thing they do is die over and over again? Wha't the point of trying to initiate and hold the other team as a tank when the rest of your squad is all over the place and never groups up?

Sometimes is better to say "fuck it" and go DPS too. A lot of times I had to do this while being a support/tank because the guys playing DPS heroes couldn't kill a damn thing. What's the point of supporting those people if the only thing they do is die over and over again? Wha't the point of trying to initiate and hold the other team as a tank when the rest of your squad is all over the place and never groups up?

Yup.

I average 3.24 elims per life with soldier. If I lock him in and 3 other people lock dps, I'll check to see their elims per life.

If it's close to or higher than mine, I'll flex to what we need.

Valahart

Is it me of Blizzard has reduced the amount of legendaries drops? My loot boxes have never been as bad as they are on this event. Haven't gotten a single legendary yet.

_Legacy_

Is it me of Blizzard has reduced the amount of legendaries drops? My loot boxes have never been as bad as they are on this event. Haven't gotten a single legendary yet.

Think it's just you, I got the new legendary McCree skin last night and just need Mercy now to complete the summer set.

Mantrox

Even after all these seasons, Hanamura's 1st point gate still feels like

EGCR2Fd.gif

Is it just me, or wouldn't it make sense for that map to have a 2nd opening like they did for Eichenwalde?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Just you, I think I got 5 legendaries during the events so far. While yes only 2 of those were actual Summer games skins, its still a lot more legendaries than I got between this event and the Anniversary one.

Only accessible by characters who can fly, jump higher than normal, teleport or climb walls... while that's a lot of characters, it doesn't compare to Eichenwalde.

I've had more luck getting legendaries in the past events, not the ones I actually wanted mind you but still, I at least saw some. :|

This event, I've had a whopping ZERO. So between that and now never getting coins to buy stuff, I've pretty much given up.

I had nothing for 15 boxes (not counting Widow's skin from last year.) Yesterday boxes 16 & 17, Solider and Widow event skins. Event successful!

Top Bottom