• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New games at MS Gamer's Day: Banjo 3 and Vina Pinata 2 pics leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
A Matrix-esque ninja game from FROM Software sounds interesting. But the name couldn't be more generic. Ninja Blade?

Ninja Blade sounds like it should be a straight to DVD film starring Michael Dudikoff and Lou Gossett Jr.

But the second big Gamers' Day in a week should be cool and hopefully a look at the new Banjo in action.

Busty said:
A Matrix-esque ninja game from FROM Software sounds interesting. But the name couldn't be more generic. Ninja Blade?

Ninja Blade sounds like it should be a straight to DVD film starring Michael Dudikoff and Lou Gossett Jr.

But the second big Gamers' Day in a week should be cool and hopefully a look at the new Banjo in action.
To be fair the only reason Ninja Gaiden sounds exciting is that it's in Japanese and therefore seems exotic. If it was in English it would be called 'Ninja Story' or something, I think.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Busty said:
Well don't expect any videos outside the official stuff though. We've already been told that filming was forbidden at the event, even the interviews will be on a case by case basis.
Of course I expect some sites to get special deals, MS has this nasty habit now to give exclusivity deals to this and other site, and it's becoming worst by the day.

Kafel

Banned
Blimblim said:
Well don't expect any videos outside the official stuff though. We've already been told that filming was forbidden at the event, even the interviews will be on a case by case basis.
Of course I expect some sites to get special deals, MS has this nasty habit now to give exclusivity deals to this and other site, and it's becoming worst by the day.

Show them how angry you are.

Tell us about Ninja Blade.

clashfan

Busty said:
A Matrix-esque ninja game from FROM Software sounds interesting...

I have heard some pretty crazy stuff about that possible game. If some of what I hear is true then it could be the game we all will be talking about next week...

clashfan said:
I have heard some pretty crazy stuff about that possible game. If some of what I hear is true then it could be the game we all will be talking about next week...

You can't just say that and not tell us what you're heard ;)

clashfan

GarthVaderUK said:
You can't just say that and not tell us what you're heard ;)

Most of what I heard is completely unconfirmed rumors. I'm not claiming to be an insider but I think there is a possibility that we will be surprised next week about that game.

grindamasta said:
nope, everything uploaded there can be published, I've readed the site's policy, it's just an standard press site. Is MS fault if they upload the assets two days before the official day, like Banjo.

just because it's there, and not technically breaking anything, doesn't mean you need to post them. it's obviously 1) someone at microsoft being stupid or 2) microsoft assuming press will have professional courtesy. neither of which you need to be taking advantage of.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Games sound sweet, thanks!

rocksolidaudio said:
just because it's there, and not technically breaking anything, doesn't mean you need to post them. it's obviously 1) someone at microsoft being stupid or 2) microsoft assuming press will have professional courtesy. neither of which you need to be taking advantage of.

Disagree, you can't know this, and if any assets except those are free to post, how would you?

They could post them online tuesday and still not want you to use them, even though other websites got the assets with the express question to post them by direct e-mail. How would you know?

Ok, those Too Human shots look horrible (Except the last one). The game sure does look better in motion, as recent videos shown.

SPEA

From looking at the screens, looks like Too Human may only be 2 player Co-Op now. That would be a bummer if that's the case.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Kobold said:
Disagree, you can't know this, and if any assets except those are free to post, how would you?

They could post them online tuesday and still not want you to use them, even though other websites got the assets with the express question to post them by direct e-mail. How would you know?
Sounds like you speak from experience. Painful experience ;)

SPEA said:
From looking at the screens, looks like Too Human may only be 2 player Co-Op now. That would be a bummer if that's the case.

It would be lovely if Too Human was 2 player co-op on the same console, and 4 player over XBL. That would kinda explain the sucky screenshots...

That's far fetched, though. :(

Kobold said:
Games sound sweet, thanks!

if it were someone breaking them on their site to get traffic, i could understand. because yes, you could be stealing someone's exclusive (which would be douche-y but understandable for a small site). but just posting them on GAF? that's just a dick move, for everyone involved.

SPEA

rocksolidaudio said:
if it were someone breaking them on their site to get traffic, i could understand. because yes, you could be stealing someone's exclusive (which would be douche-y but understandable for a small site). but just posting them on GAF? that's just a dick move, for everyone involved.
If you weren't working in the business and was just a hardcore gamer on a forum, would you feel the same way?

[Nintex]

rocksolidaudio said:
This game won't be out this year, there are plenty more Too Human NDA's in the future.

So all the Microsoft stuff leaked, I can't wait to see more Banjo and MS sure likes Ninjas.

Busty

Banned
rocksolidaudio said:

Are you claiming that whoever posted these 'leaks' should have quietly left them on the press site and not posted them on GAF? Instead waiting patiently for MS to announce these games themselves?

Because if you are, I cannot disagree more strongly.

I'm sorry, but I'm of the mind that a professional (at MS) made a mistake and someone seized upon it sharing this info with the other fans and people who are interested.

The OP in this thread should have nothing to feel bad about. MS continually do this. They cannot stop leaking and letting things slip out before they are supposed to.

The only party that should feel bad is MS. More fool them for making the same mistakes with their PR time and time again. It happened with the Ninja Gaiden2 reveal and it will likely happen in the future.

Kobold

Blimblim said:
Sounds like you speak from experience. Painful experience ;)

I hurt still.

rocksolidaudio said:

I don't see the difference. GAF is possibly getting more traffic now, isn't it?

harSon

Banned
proposition said:
To be fair the only reason Ninja Gaiden sounds exciting is that it's in Japanese and therefore seems exotic. If it was in English it would be called 'Ninja Story' or something, I think.

Ninja Yaibi (Thats what google says at least :))

SPEA said:
If you weren't working in the business and was just a hardcore gamer on a forum, would you feel the same way?

trust me that you guys will enjoy them a lot more with some context. this just spoils some of the fun.

and i'd like to think that whoever has access to the press site IS in the business, but i suppose that's microsoft's fault as well.

edit: see below.

Owzers

Busty said:
Are you claiming that whoever posted these 'leaks' should have quietly left them on the press site and not posted them on GAF? Instead waiting patiently for MS to announce these games themselves?

Because if you are, I cannot disagree more strongly.

I'm sorry, but I'm of the mind that a professional (at MS) made a mistake and someone seized upon it sharing this info with the other fans and people who are interested.

The OP in this thread should have nothing to feel bad about. MS continually do this. They cannot stop leaking and letting things slip out before they are supposed to.

The only party that should feel bad is MS. More fool them for making the same mistakes with their PR time and time again. It happened with the Ninja Gaiden2 reveal and it will likely happen in the future.

Er, i'm just a gamer and don't work on any websites, and yes, i could have done without this thread and just waited till Tuesday to be surprised. I'm sick of gamers bitching about surprises being ruined when it's GAMERS themselves who ruin it. You don't see me digging through places to try to uncover something that's being released in a mere two days.

Kobold

rocksolidaudio said:
trust me that you guys will enjoy them a lot more with some context. this just spoils some of the fun.

and i'd like to think that whoever has access to the press site IS in the business, but i suppose that's microsoft's fault as well.

It's like you are blaming games press (even games press who is not really up-to-date on any developments, and there are MANY of those) is to blame for using assets on a press site that clearly states that you can use them.

Obviously the entire leak is Microsoft's fault, since they put assets online they did not want to put online. That they get published on the web afterwards is no ones fault at all, it's a permited and logical causality of people checking their press site and posting shit they find.

Imagine if Ninja Blade actually turned out to be a game that delivered on the promise of a motion sensing sword fighting game with a deep, but not 1:1, combat system, using tilt/rotation/yaw/whatever to detect the position of the sword in order to block or choose a certain region of an opponent to strike, and gestures to attack in various directions/ways, sort of like Wii Sports boxing, but with much more accurate detection (I thought the Boxing controls were good in theory, but didn't detect motion well, so they sucked). I mean... if the motion sensitive controller rumors are true, and that's what the game turns out to be, I will blow my load right there.

Kobold

sillymonkey321 said:
Er, i'm just a gamer and don't work on any websites, and yes, i could have done without this thread and just waited till Tuesday to be surprised. I'm sick of gamers bitching about surprises being ruined when it's GAMERS themselves who ruin it. You don't see me digging through places to try to uncover something that's being released in a mere two days.
That's another point entirely. Obviously it's useless knowing about these things without context.

Still does not make it the fault of the person posting it. We are only a hand full of gamers, and by tuesday most gamers will still be surprised. I'm too jaded to care if I know a games title before any relevant information or imagery. It doesn't spoil anything for me untill the game is making me warm with glee when I am playing it.

However it's relevant in the context of 'news'. Since a games' title or the reveal of future announcements is newsworthy even if it doesn't mean anything. (Much like know Paris Hilton exists and we all know everything that she does is newsworthy for millions)

TheOddOne

Busty said:
A Matrix-esque ninja game from FROM Software sounds interesting.

Looking at there past games i fear we have another Tenchu Z coming up.

Edit: wait didn't they make Otogi? Otagi 3 confirmed?

fernoca

bigmakstudios said:
Imagine if Ninja Blade actually turned out to be a game that delivered on the promise of a motion sensing sword fighting game with a deep, but not 1:1, combat system, using tilt/rotation/yaw/whatever to detect the position of the sword in order to block or choose a certain region of an opponent to strike, and gestures to attack in various directions/ways, sort of like Wii Sports boxing, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah but with much more accurate detection (I thought the Boxing controls were good in theory, but didn't detect motion well, so they sucked). I mean... if the motion sensitive controller rumors are true, and that's what the game turns out to be, I will blow my load right there.
And if it's not? :p

In any case..sounds..suspicious..
In some way; I hope is not..since Microsoft needs to hold any of this whole "waggle-fest" to their next console..and improve it, instead of just copy-pasting the Wiimote with a new look.

Busty

Banned
Kobold said:
Obviously the entire leak is Microsoft's fault, since they put assets online they did not want to put online. That they get published on the web afterwards is no ones fault at all, it's a permited and logical causality of people checking their press site and posting shit they find.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

sillymonkey321 said:

If you feel that way I'd steer well clear of GAF for about a week before MS has their E3 press conference then.

Owzers

Kobold said:
That's another point entirely. Obviously it's useless knowing about these things without context.

Still does not make it the fault of the person posting it. We are only a hand full of gamers, and by tuesday most gamers will still be surprised. I'm too jaded to care if I know a games title before any relevant information or imagery. It doesn't spoil anything for me untill the game is making me warm with glee when I am playing it.

However it's relevant in the context of 'news'. Since a games' title or the reveal of future announcements is newsworthy even if it doesn't mean anything. (Much like know Paris Hilton exists and we all know everything that she does is newsworthy for millions)

or making the title " Possible new games at MS Gamer's day:press site leak" And yes, it's the fault of the person posting, since THEY are the ones posting.

Kobold said:
Exactly. Press doesn't need to ask for a permission to publish something they find on a press site, and they can know that something is wrong only if they signed an NDA about the material they see. But really, if i found those Too Human pics on a MS press site, I'd think I'd be ok to publish them, expecially because it's a game already showed in many forms, it's nothing megaton-like.

hm... I just saw that FROM Software was once developing a game tentatively titled Black Blade for the Playstation 3. It was cancelled, but maybe Ninja Blade is its reincarnation? I can't find much information on Black Blade though...

fernoca said:
And if it's not? :p

In any case..sounds..suspicious..
In some way; I hope is not..since Microsoft needs to hold any of this whole "waggle-fest" to their next console..and improve it, instead of just copy-pasting the Wiimote with a new look.

Well, I honestly hope it is. The Wii hasn't gotten many ground up "hardcore" games that make good use of motion sensing at all. It's totally conjecture, but I would love it if Microsoft used motion sensing and actually made... you know... good games with it rather than piles of schlock with a smattering of great first party games. Depth of a high quality 360 game+motion sensing=amazing, imo.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Amir0x said:
Lips is a game that takes place entirely on Angelina Jolie's enormous labia oris.
The area is 3x the size of Azeroth.

Lips is the codename for Perfect Dark 2.

fernoca

bigmakstudios said:
Well, I honestly hope it is. The Wii hasn't gotten many ground up "hardcore" games that make good use of motion sensing at all. It's totally conjecture, but I would love it if Microsoft used motion sensing and actually made... you know... good games with it rather than piles of schlock with a smattering of great first party games. Depth of a high quality 360 game+motion sensing=amazing, imo.
Yeah, but the key thing here is that ..this is an add-on..
Unless Microsoft's starts bundling the unit with "it", is not like developers are going to have any interest in supporting it (and even if they do bundle it, they still have to convince the other 15 or so million people that already have a 360 to get one), unlike the Wii were it's the standard controller and they are basically forced to use it, even when in 99% of the cases they just shoe-horned traditional controllers into it..in the best case scenario, it would make the 360 ends with the same shovelware Wii gets for under $20, but with a "recquires special controller label"..

Plus if the rumors are true about "it" looking more like a gun..that kinda won't make sense to use it..like a blade.

Dever said:
Calling it: In the 360 version, aliens invade the Pinata paradise and slaughter countless innocent pinatas. You play as Sergeant Horsey pinata, a war veteran who must return to his violent past to stop the alien menace. Featuring brutal decapitations and eviscerations, candy blood, 30+ sweet weapons and an online multiplayer up to 16 players.

If there was seriously a game like that, it would be a day-1 purchase for me.

bloke

Woo we finally get to see Ninja Blade
Things we now about the game so far;
- name appeared first on some asian xbox.com sites listed as forthcoming Xbox360 game by From Software
- MGS composer mentioned in Play interview that he's working on matrix-esque looking ninja game for Xbox360 developed by From/MS
- From Soft. president mentioned in Famitsu interview that their new 360 game is happening in Shinjuku, Tokyo and it has more serious/adult tone
- my guess but it's probably produced by Masanori Takeuchi (Otogi 1/2, Metal Wolf Chaos, eM) since he's taking care of all the 360 exclusive stuff at FromSoftware

It will be funny if it turns out to be something totally different :lol

bloke said:
Woo we finally get to see Ninja Blade
Things we now about the game so far;
- name appeared first on some asian xbox.com sites listed as forthcoming Xbox360 game by From Software
- MGS composer mentioned in Play interview that he's working on matrix-esque looking ninja game for Xbox360 developed by From/MS
- From Soft. president mentioned in Famitsu interview that their new 360 game is happening in Shinjuku, Tokyo and it has more serious/adult tone
- my guess but it's probably produced by Masanori Takeuchi (Otogi 1/2, Metal Wolf Chaos, eM) since he's taking care of all the 360 exclusive stuff at FromSoftware

It will be funny if it turns out to be something totally different :lol

This sounds really freaking cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom