• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros 4 roster to be completely revealed next month on corocoro

Clefargle

tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

Hold out, my brothers. The best fighter shall return!

Fuck yeah, he has just been patiently biding his time....

mgs3.gif

Besides the 36 we got so far, here's my prediction:

Newcomers:
- Shulk
- Chorus Kids
- Krystal
- Diskun or Sukapon or Urban Champion (Surprise final character)
- Claus

Veterans returning:
- Jigglypuff
- Falco
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Ness
- Mr G&W
- Ganondorf
- MetaKnight
- Snake
- Wario
- R.O.B.

Cut:
- PKMN Trainer

GRW810

Besides the 36 we got so far, here's my prediction:

Newcomers:
- Shulk
- Chorus Kids
- Krystal
- Diskun or Sukapon (Surprise final character)
- Claus

Veterans returning:
- Jigglypuff
- Falco
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Ness
- Mr G&W
- Ganondorf
- MetaKnight
- Snake
- Wario
- R.O.B.

Cut:
- PKMN Trainer
How did I forget those! I love the novelty and history of Ice Climbers and I mained Meta Knight in Brawl. Damn, seriously hoping Meta Knight makes it.

With a list returnees yet to be confirmed and many newcomers hoped for, and the fact the roster is already pretty huge, I'm worried we're going to be disappointed by some notable absentees. Would be a shame if unique characters like Meta Knight, Ice Climbers and ROB missed out yet a whole bunch of Fire Emblem characters made it.

Zalman

How did I forget those! I love the novelty and history of Ice Climbers and I mained Meta Knight in Brawl. Damn, seriously hoping Meta Knight makes it.

With a list returnees yet to be confirmed and many newcomers hoped for, and the fact the roster is already pretty huge, I'm worried we're going to be disappointed by some notable absentees. Would be a shame if unique characters like Meta Knight, Ice Climbers and ROB missed out yet a whole bunch of Fire Emblem characters made it.
Don't worry about Meta Knight. He's Sakurai's baby.

It's a given MK is back considering they're using his home stage (too lazy to link but there's a video of it on that smash direct conference video back in april)

Ice Climbers are back since their enemies were revealed in smash run as well.

I just have this feeling the last character to be unlocked will be someone smash fans will either go:

- Huh. Wow, I haven't heard of him/her/it in such a long time! Cool!
- Who the fuck is this? Time to google this character...
- What? Why Sakurai?! GAF I AM PISSED!

GRW810

It's a given MK is back considering they're using his home stage (too lazy to link but there's a video of it on that smash direct conference video back in april)

Ice Climbers are back since their enemies were revealed in smash run as well.

I just have this feeling the last character to be unlocked will be someone smash fans will either go:

- Huh. Wow, I haven't heard of him/her/it in such a long time! Cool!
- Who the fuck is this? Time to google this character...
- What? Why Sakurai?! GAF I AM PISSED!

Don't worry about Meta Knight. He's Sakurai's baby.
Thanks for the reassurance, missed those tidbits of info.

Clefargle

I am very happy with the roster so far, but we can't have a proper smash sequel if this game doesn't have the following:

- Snake (Maybe Punished version)

- Ness

- Rob

- Bayonetta, there I said it

Banned
Shulk, Bayonetta, and Wonder Red (with the ability to use all the unite morphs for gameplay sakes) is my wish list.

Dominator

So what is everyone thinking? 4 more characters to round out to 40? Or just a random amount for some crazy number of characters?

Timeaisis

Meta Knight ain't going anywhere. Sakurai created him. That's like him cutting Kirby.

Besides, MK is awesome, albeit broken in Brawl. I'm sure Sakurai is aware of this.

RM8

I love plenty of newcomers and I'm going to obsess over this game, but the roster is a bit weird IMO. Three Mii movesets, Charizard (while getting rid of Squirtle and Ivysaur), Robin... Yeah. It's going to bother me if Ness and Jiggs are not in the game but these are. Oh well, most of my favorites are pretty generic and get confirmed early (Luigi, Kirby, Bowser, Mario, Peach). Plus Mega Man! I still can't believe it's happening.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well I still think Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character are in...there's various stuff supporting the beyond Gematsu, and they still got the fact it was an Awakening Character right. Shulk's VA saying he did work recently, the Xenoblade dude keeps retweeting stuff, and Rhythm Heaven has an enemy in Smash Run which no other non-playable series has as far as I know.

I don't think we're getting much more, though. I think Dark Pit is probable, and maybe a couple low-effort clones, but I'm still thinking around 50 is key.

Zalman

So what is everyone thinking? 4 more characters to round out to 40? Or just a random amount for some crazy number of characters?
Final number will be around 50. I just hope there aren't too many clones. The roster is massive now, we don't have room for them.

I'm torn. On one hand, I hate that the general Nintendo policy seems to be to spoil everything before the game even comes out due to fear of leaks. On the other, well... there was going to be a month gap between the Japanese and US releases anyway, so it would have been nearly impossible for one to keep themselves free of roster spoilers even if they tried, outside of just going on an internet blackout, so...

I do hope they reveal the roster in a cool, Direct-y way rather than just "yup here's the rest go nuts lol". It could be very cool to have a nice, anticipatory Smash Character Direct.
And the Direct closes with Sakurai bidding you farewell, and everything fades to black... before the Smash logo shows up for one final character...

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm thinking about 43-45 so at the most 9 more.

Ness
Lucas
Snake
ROB
Falco
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

So unless I forgot any veteran and no one is cut, that leaves place for one more new fighter. If 45 is correct.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot the Ice Climbers. And Mr. Game and Watch.

The fact that they're doing this in a magazine makes me think that they will only reveal the remaining veteran fighters. If they were to announce Shulk, they would give him a trailer. If he is revealed, it'll be in a Direct at the end of August/early September.

Also, just to point out for people worried about Ness/Lucas. August 27th is the 20th anniversary of Earthbound in Japan. If he isn't in the magazine reveal, they'll be reveal on that date for sure.

In conclusion, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Falco, Wolf, and R.O.B. will be revealed. Snake returning wouldn't be revealed in a magazine either, they would throw him in a trailer with Shulk.

#teamsnake

javadoze

It's going to suck waiting for the game to release and avoid spoilers at the same time...

Welp, time for a 2 month Smash blackout (which might fail considering my spoiler habits pre-Brawl.)

Unbounded

Ah man. I really miss that sense of surprise and anticipation when that silhouette and "a challenger approaches" came up on screen in N64 Smash Bros (and Melee to a lesser extent) while I then wondered who the fuck Ness was.

I guess those days are gone and never coming back. I could probably go on a media blackout but it would probably be too difficult.

It'd be totally possible if they just released the games worldwide at the same time and made some characters REALLY difficult and/or time-consuming to unlock so that we could still have secrets by the time the game hits.

What they had going on with melee with unlocking stages like FD or unlocking mewtwo comes to mind.

EDIT: Or even obscure unlock methods like with Luigi in melee. Things where it isn't immediately obvious or clear how you unlock them.

Hell, melee had the best unlock methods in smash.

Timeaisis

Ness
Lucas
Snake
ROB
Falco
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

So unless I forgot any veteran and no one is cut, that leaves place for one more new fighter. If 45 is correct.

Meaning that someone is cut. I hope it's Wolf and and ROB.

All the Wonder Red posts are making me depressed. I would love it if he was in and think he deserves to but his game only came out last year. It would be hard to work on a character whose moves might change. Especially one as complex as Wonder Red with the possible need of other wonderful ones.

He's also an excellent character along with the Inklings to add to the next Smash. I mean how many other new IP's can give characters? The new Xenoblade even has a custom protagonist. They need something new to put into the next Smash before they put in Toad.
Nintendo has plenty of side characters to still put in and I like Captain Toad.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ness
Lucas
Snake
ROB
Falco
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

i think we know game and watch is in. He was in one of the videos iirc

I'm torn. On one hand, I hate that the general Nintendo policy seems to be to spoil everything before the game even comes out due to fear of leaks. On the other, well... there was going to be a month gap between the Japanese and US releases anyway, so it would have been nearly impossible for one to keep themselves free of roster spoilers even if they tried, outside of just going on an internet blackout, so...

I do hope they reveal the roster in a cool, Direct-y way rather than just "yup here's the rest go nuts lol". It could be very cool to have a nice, anticipatory Smash Character Direct.
And the Direct closes with Sakurai bidding you farewell, and everything fades to black... before the Smash logo shows up for one final character...

Snake pops out of a box. "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Not

Banned
As long as we're being ridiculous, I still hope Black Shadow and Krystal are in. But seeing how Captain Falcon seemingly barely made it back due to his lack of gamez...

My only hope for Krystal is Sakurai's newfound initiative to put female fighters in

Top Bottom