• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Open Beta Thread: It's not really a MOBA

Is this a problem on my end or it's been really terrible to get in a match these last few days?

So many disconnects before the match begins are really getting on my nerve.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Was waiting for this to hit anywhere on PC besides the awful windows store but now that I know there's cross play I don't even care anymore. I'll never play a competitive game with a mix of PC and console players ever again after trying Paragon for a month.

Was waiting for this to hit anywhere on PC besides the awful windows store but now that I know there's cross play I don't even care anymore. I'll never play a competitive game with a mix of PC and console players ever again after trying Paragon for a month.

I don't know how stringent you are about this, but in my experience platform/input is definitely less of a factor than skill and teamwork. Aim assist on console vs none on PCb etc.

As for dcs yeah some games take ages to get going :(

Why? Never had any trouble, to be honest the only way I can tell if someone is on PC is at the loading screen.

Just had one of those games. Sanctum Falls, overrun, guy quits.

The 4 of us double-down, scrape victory in the Clash. 1-3 down, 1-0 victory. Fuck. Yes.

So fast, tactical and intense.

Edit: Just had another game where enemy Tripp goes 22-0. OP! OP! they cry. Hell no. My team's positioning and choices were dire. There's a reason there's always a pub-stomper being called OP. You suck, you suffer. Was infuriating to see unfold. Don't go in 1v4, don't charge their back creatures when half the team is dead. FFS.

Edit 2: And, as it always goes, said Tripp is on my team next game, as are some really top players. Trouble was, their team was even better. Oh my goodness, the skill.

hurzelein

Just played the Training mode on Xbox and it had some harsh lags, like the screen paused for 1-2 seconds several times. Does that occur in online games too? Just set up my brand new Xbox and downloaded a ton of stuff in the background, so maybe that was what caused it idk.

Need to get Xbox Live to test this in an online game in the next couple of days, but I realy liked what I saw.

Fancolors

Been playing this lately and having a blast, but man the queue times are long. Did the developers talk about plans to promote it and grow the playerbase? I want to invest more time into it, but I don't need another fun moba going nowhere like Dawngate because it closed down.

Been playing this lately and having a blast, but man the queue times are long. Did the developers talk about plans to promote it and grow the playerbase? I want to invest more time into it, but I don't need another fun moba going nowhere like Dawngate because it closed down.

The game is going to release this month, so it should give a nice player base boost.

After that it will be up to them to properly solve the connection issues to get people hooked up.

Update has come out: refreshes UI, adds achievements, extra training, bot matches, in-game voice chat etc. Also available on non Win-10 PC too via Arc!

Choo choo!

deoee

man i need to get into this again
3AQmK.gif

From the patch notes there's no crossplay between the arc version and the Xbone/store.

Huge mistake imo.

Edit: Other than that, holy shit at the patch, team has been busy XD

Edit: Do they only changed Tripp's ultimate and corrected bugs that prevented her stealth to brake when using abilities. Where are the balancing they promised, for instance, not let her spawning all her abilities in less than 1 second?

Though, the ultimate should make a difference already, can't wait to try it.

SirKhalid

From the patch notes there's no crossplay between the arc version and the Xbone/store.

Huge mistake imo.

Edit: Other than that, holy shit at the patch, team has been busy XD

Edit: Do they only changed Tripp's ultimate and corrected bugs that prevented her stealth to brake when using abilities. Where are the balancing they promised, for instance, not let her spawning all her abilities in less than 1 second?

Though, the ultimate should make a difference already, can't wait to try it.

For crossplay, it will probably take a while for them to figure out/ do it.

The Xbox achievements are live. Also they announced the game will be on Steam.

Fancolors

Finally I can tell my friends to give this game a try since they all avoid the W10 store like a plague.

Will the Steam version still require you to enter the Arc launcher?

Signed in and unlocked a bunch of achievements last night, that was nice.

Gotta get a feel for the new patch, lots of changes to the game, not sure how I feel about some of them initially. Might just need to get my groove back though.

I don't know how I feel about this last update...

A LOT undoubtedly improved, but some decisions make no sense for me, getting rid of the summon time for instance.

Also, as I feared, it doesn't seem the changes to tripp have any effect, she still can get in wreck everyone and get out of any situation, the changes to her ultimate are useless too. Okay, now you have a slight chance of escaping, but she continues to be gifted, because she's the only melee char that can use an ultimate and not expose herself if it misses, oh and still is: you are hit by it? take the whole damage without any chance of escaping.

If anything this update made her stronger, because now she has unlimited stamina to get away if she stays out of the combat while invisible.

I'll stay on X1/Win 10 as console is where my friends play MP. Great that it's coming to Steam though, game deserves the love. I hope they sort full cross-play - Rocket League does it between X1 and Steam, don't see why Gigantic can't with Win 10/Arc also.

Tripp is still mega powerful but based on a few games it's the same story as before: a decent tank/CCer can make her their bitch. Compared to Wu/Tyto though her ult is still way better. They should add a SMITE Ne-Zha-esque mechanic to it, QTE for max effect, or something.

The changes to summon times, or lack thereof, is curious. Not sure I like it. It hasn't changed the flow though, so far.

Dreavus

I'll stay on X1/Win 10 as console is where my friends play MP. Great that it's coming to Steam though, game deserves the love. I hope they sort full cross-play - Rocket League does it between X1 and Steam, don't see why Gigantic can't with Win 10/Arc also.

Tripp is still mega powerful but based on a few games it's the same story as before: a decent tank/CCer can make her their bitch. Compared to Wu/Tyto though her ult is still way better. They should add a SMITE Ne-Zha-esque mechanic to it, QTE for max effect, or something.

The changes to summon times, or lack thereof, is curious. Not sure I like it. It hasn't changed the flow though, so far.

Haven't played the changes yet, but it sounds like they just didn't like the down time of waiting for a summon. The problem is fighting creatures and taking down a risky summon during the clash was a make-or-break thing during that phase of the game. I guess that's all going to be different. (creatures took way longer to summon during clash previously)

I think they still take longer in Clash. Baby creeps are only worth 10 also, so it's now much more about their power generation than their value in their own right - and their buffs. In Clash an ill-timed summon will still cost a team, but less dramatically given time/space investment is reduced.

DP, but hey.

Getting games a lot more frequently, with far fewer DCs now. So pleased they fixed it. I was getting games before, but there were too many complications to make it fun for new players, which is always bad.

Still saddled with rubbish team mates mind...

Beckett is a beast. I love her mobility and range (and building her burst-fire crit with reduced CD on grenades, she is like a ranged assassin...):

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RedSparrows/video/33172483

Nice Xeno play. A good Xeno is a nightmare to face, so freaking capable.

Wu is a beast. I've got my build locked in on him now, it's all about the tongue > uppercut > jump-slam-for-slow-and-break when they run > crit crit crit.

Just started playing this game...really enjoying it!

Wish I could find more guilds on characters though. Guess that'll have to wait till it's out.

But Xeno ... I wish they did more with her. Such a cool design and then I find out she's not some burst mage but a support that doesn't heal or tank :/
Oh well.

Wish I could find more guilds on characters though. Guess that'll have to wait till it's out.

But Xeno ... I wish they did more with her. Such a cool design and then I find out she's not some burst mage but a support that doesn't heal or tank :/
Oh well.

Xeno's job is drain the will to live from her opponents :D She is an excellent support in that she cripples the enemy and buffs her allies damage, with CC to boot. Her focus skill is a bit situational tho.

SirKhalid

Oh well.

Xenobia is still a beast, she is still one of my main.

I used to be so good with Aisling, but man, she got nerf hard. I am having the hardest time of my life winning with her. I recently playing with Sven, it"s insane how much I can kill, support and survive. I love it!

Figments

Man, I haven't talked in this thread in ages. But since the game's getting its full release later this month, I think it's time to start talking OT titles.

Unless for some reason this thread should become the actual OT, which I doubt it will.

Xeno's job is drain the will to live from her opponents :D She is an excellent support in that she cripples the enemy and buffs her allies damage, with CC to boot. Her focus skill is a bit situational tho.

I used to be so good with Aisling, but man, she got nerf hard. I am having the hardest time of my life winning with her. I recently playing with Sven, it"s insane how much I can kill, support and survive. I love it!

I'll give her a shot then.

Still think as a character she would be better off designed as a mage like Char but more difficult. But who knows, maybe I'll like her.

Not sure what the snow pup is supposed to be (he's listed was a brawler/ utility) but people say hes a tank and I like him more than Margrave because of his range and utility.

Aisling is still good, a bit difficult to play for me as well but I've encountered some that absolutely destroyed the other team.

Sven is amazing, it's funny you'd think he is a push over, but he can do serious damage.

Aisling is still good, a bit difficult to play for me as well but I've encountered some that absolutely destroyed the other team.

Sven is amazing, it's funny you'd think he is a push over, but he can do serious damage.

Sven is an all round god. Surivial, massive heal if specced right, useful ult, good support utility (armor breaks, mobility) and good sustained damage in right hands.

Edit: finish this short survey for 500 gems!

https://www.gogigantic.com/en/forum...mplete-our-survey-by-july-11th-for-500-rubies

Top Bottom