• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PARAMORE |OT| Line up changes, emo angst, and guilty pleasures (oh, and Hayley gifs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I was a huge fan at one point. But nothing post-BNE has appealed to me, and the messy departure of the Farro's left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've seen them live a few times when they toured Australia, and I still enjoy their previous stuff from time to time, but my interest in the new album is very minimal.

They actually finished an Australian tour less than an hour ago, funnily enough!
Yeah, Mutes was there. He had a 30 ft banner reading I "heart" Paramore, and was heard screaming "I love you Hayley!" like a little girl. I keep telling him, you gotta be cool in those situations!

I know what you mean about the break up, but for me Josh was the worst culprit. That statement he released shortly after was kind of lame, as if he was uncovering a secret that the band's origins are quite manufactured. Like no shit Sherlock! But she was all smiles at his wedding, so I guess they made up.

Anyway Tash, here is another gif, just for you:

tumblr_mcxg8imgqU1rtzlzf.gif

I just love her look here. Her hair looks amazing, I like the vibrant hue, the cute little side bun, the nice sparkly Alice band, a nice light, feathery fringe.

Grown out of paramore now. Saw them live a few years ago, but I'm not really into that sort of music anymore. Haven't heard their new song, last one I heard was monster that I didn't really like. Thought they would have gone on to do other things when the two brothers left

There arent enough hayley Gifs

I DEMAND MORE HAYLEY GIFS

hayley10luxu.gif

Grown out of paramore now. Saw them live a few years ago, but I'm not really into that sort of music anymore. Haven't heard their new song, last one I heard was monster that I didn't really like. Thought they would have gone on to do other things when the two brothers left

They've said that the album sound will be different for them. Hayley's said that there will be more songs where she actually gets to sing instead of yelling, which she's excited about.

NinjaBoiX

HAYLEY I LOVE YOU! MY BODY NEEDS A RENDEVOUZ WITH YOURS <3
That was way poetic man!
Anytime you're into a girl, NBX. I'll be there. One step ahead.
That's what you think. I've got trab wrapped around my finger, she's like a lump of sexy putty in my hands!
I thought the new song was pretty bad.
tumblr_lkjo0lAWJf1qgjwumo1_500.gif

You should give it a few more listens Fry. I wasn't too keen at first, but I love it now (derp). Plus, props for changing up their sound.

I thought Now was your fairly standard first Paramore single. With the exception of Pressure I haven't really loved any of their first singles. They're ok, but the really good stuff always comes after them

Pressure > Now > Ignorance > Misery Business

NinjaBoiX

I thought Now was your fairly standard first Paramore single. With the exception of Pressure I haven't really loved any of their first singles. They're ok, but the really good stuff always comes after them

Pressure > Now > Ignorance > Misery Business
Wow, it's really divisive in here! My list of lead singles is basically flipped. Although Ignorance would possibly edge out Miz Biz.

It's just that intro to Ignorance man: raising feedback, big wet cymbal hit introducing that gloriously discordant riff, then hayley coming in with that brilliant first verse.

Goose-Bumps.jpg

That's actually a good one, favourite intros:

Miz Biz (old school strings!) - Ignorance (pretty much a perfect intro) - Now (no nonsense, just BOOM, right in there!)

Dishwalla

Banned
"Stop This Song(Love Sick Melody)" is my favorite song of theirs. "For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" is up there too.

Paramore holds a special place in my heart, because I took my then-girlfriend to a couple of their shows in 2005-early 2006, not long after they really started touring. They are one of those bands that I knew about/followed before just about anybody else, and it was so insane to see them get as big as they did once "Misery Business" came out.

NinjaBoiX

Agreed... only album I can listen all the way through.
Gotta skip "When it Rains". It's limp.

"Turn It Off" is kind of lame too, I usually skip that on BNE.

"Here We Go Again" on AWKIF. Although the live version on The Final Riot! is cool.

Is it wierd that all three of those are track 5 on their respective album?

She's not exactly PJ Harvey, but no talent or artistic credibility? That's not an opinion dude, that's just a fallacy.

Edit: Hey, this Jemina Pearl chick is really good! I mean she's not a patch on Hayley, but yeah, decent.

I'm glad you stopped by.

Be Your Own Pet was an awesome flash of brilliance. Probably just too young to handle the attention when it happened though. Her new band, Ultras S/C, is deliciously filthy, FILTHY guitar rock.

https://soundcloud.com/ultras-s-c

NinjaBoiX

Be Your Own Pet was an awesome flash of brilliance. Probably just too young to handle the attention when it happened though. Her new band, Ultras S/C, is deliciously filthy, FILTHY guitar rock.

https://soundcloud.com/ultras-s-c
Damn! Yeah, she is really good! Between this and injurai's thread, I'm getting new music into my veins today, it's great.

Have you heard Throwing Muses? They aren't quite so heavy, but I definitely got a little vibe. I'll also throw The Breeders in, although who hasn't heard them! Also, The Kills are pretty cool, if a little basic. Although it's sometimes Jamie singing instead of Alison. Here's a link to M.E.X.I.C.O I think it may appeal to you:

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Kills/_/M.E.X.I.C.O.

I love that lyric:

"I been scorin' my mind,
With whatever I can find,"

Best lyrics? OK, probably Ignorance:

"I settled down,
A twisted up frown,
Disguised as a smile well,
You would've never known,
I had it all, But not what I wanted,
'Cos hope for me was a place uncharted,
And overgrown,"

Let The Flames Begin:

"What a shame we all became,
Such fragile broken things,
A memory remains, just a tiny spark,
I'd give it all my oxygen,
To let the flames begin,
So let the flames begin,"

And The Only Exception:

"When I was younger I saw,
My daddy cry, and curse at the wind,
He broke his own heart and I watched,
As he tried to re-assemble it,
And my momma swore that she would,
Never let herself forget,
But that was the day that I promised,
I'd never sing of love,
If it doesn't not exist,"

I just posted the opening of each track, there are probably much better examples, but she is quite the lyricist.

I think I liked the first two the best, but I might still like Misery Business better. I love the way the lyrics twist in that one :p But I like it! I am going to have to hunt up some more from them.

Edit: Also, good lord on some of those unplugged videos, that girl can sing.

NinjaBoiX

i can't get past the fact that i find this band very very pandering
They're a pop group. It's to be expected!

I just like them, even though I know they're kind of a little bit lame. It's wierd. I don't think they're this awesome, super cool band that I want to tell my pals about.

"Faraquet" if your asking though.

;P

NinjaBoiX

While I love Paramore and listening to "Now" I think the video of it is fucking horrible.
Horrible like, an awful concept, or horrible like, Hayley looks like an alien?

I quite like it, I think it works. Yeah, it's massively over the top, but the song is hardly subtle now is it!

pikablu

Each day I discover a new thread on this forum that makes me love it more and more. I freaking love Paramore. I'm not really even into the genre of music they make but Hayley's voice is incredible. I actually like "Now' a lot as a single. It's totally different from anything they've done and I feel i will really like this albums new sound that it's seeming to take on.

NinjaBoiX

Aww yeahhhh.

71721_1395543377854_3734586_n.jpg

Was lucky enough to catch her one night after a Predators game.
Wow Milly, that must've been pretty cool! Was it just her, or did you meet the guys too? Didn't go for the hover hand I see, I am disappoint.

And quite jealous...
Each day I discover a new thread on this forum that makes me love it more and more. I freaking love Paramore. I'm not really even into the genre of music they make but Hayley's voice is incredible. I actually like "Now' a lot as a single. It's totally different from anything they've done and I feel i will really like this albums new sound that it's seeming to take on.
Glad you like the thread man, I am to please.

Also, being a fan of her voice, did you watch that live version of The Only Exception in the OP? It's probably my favourite performance of hers, so gorgeous. She nails every note, but also embellishes certain parts wonderfully. She looks beautiful too.

Milly79

It was just her and Chad. Admittedly, Chad was upset I went to ask for a second picture because my buddy messed up my far superior picture taken inside the Bridgestone. :(

The photo was actually taken by Chad. :p

NinjaBoiX

It was just her and Chad. Admittedly, Chad was upset I went to ask for a second picture because my buddy messed up my far superior picture taken inside the Bridgestone. :(

The photo was actually taken by Chad. :p
I hate Chad. Chad is a tool.

Nah, he seems like a really cool dude, and he's massive! He will protect Ms Williams, I'm am sure of it.

Actually, is he that massive? Hayley is teenie tiny.

tumblr_lugzk1WXil1qewm72o1_500.jpg

"Ugg, you're coming with me cave girl."

NinjaBoiX

well well well I bet someone subscribes to a certain subreddit
Nah, I just Google them, possibly too much it must be said. She certainly isn't shy of the camera! I'm chair of the fan club though, we have meetings every Thursday if you want to attend. PM me for deets.

Anyway, Reddit is whack right? I hear only jabronis use Reddit. I wouldn't want to be a jabroni.

G-Fex

Nah, I just Google them, possibly too much it must be said. She certainly isn't shy of the camera! I'm chair of the fan club though, we have meetings every Thursday if you want to attend. PM me for deets.

Anyway, Reddit is whack right? I hear only jabronis use Reddit. I wouldn't want to be a jabroni.

I'd never use a place like reddit.

Well I kinda did a while back for cosplay photos but now I got tumblr and deviantart for that, fuck reddit.

NinjaBoiX

Whenever I see the word "paramore" used in any way, I think of that.
Well the word is spelt "paramour", meaning "illicit lover", but they actually got the name from the maiden name of a previous members mother.

But yeah, that was a boob on her part. To be honest, I'm not sure many people noticed, let alone cared! It's not like she's Beyonce or something.

Love the band(and Hayley), That's What You Get was my ringtone for ages. So fun on RB2.
Miz Biz on Guitar Hero was always fun to play. But Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits was always my choice, really fun. The song is a classic too.

bengraven

Well the word is spelt "paramour", meaning "illicit lover", but they actually got the name from the maiden name of a previous members mother.

But yeah, that was a boob on her part. To be honest, I'm not sure many people noticed, let alone cared! It's not like she's Beyonce or something.

I know the spelling, but I just meant the band name or the word paramour together and wasn't in the mood to do a "paramore/paramour" thing. :p

cj_iwakura

Miz Biz on Guitar Hero was always fun to play. But Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits was always my choice, really fun. The song is a classic too.

I loooove Sultans of Swing. Isn't it on one of the bad GHs? I wish it was on RB.

And hey, if musicians can get OTs, I need to make a BT one...

NinjaBoiX

I know the spelling, but I just meant the band name or the word paramour together and wasn't in the mood to do a "paramore/paramour" thing. :p
Oh right. To be honest, I didn't know what it meant until recently. My mate was like, "they spelt it wrong, dipshits", and promptly enlightened me.

tumblr_lcex9kMR8T1qclfbk.gif

Mangotron

How did I not know this thread existed? So awesome.

I'm really stoked for the new album, and I got really good presale tix to see them on tour in May.

"Now" has definitely grown on me, although I still don't care for the weird tone Hayley uses for "don't try to take this from me". It works really well live too, which is something that I love about their music.

Also, supposedly there is a Let The Flames Begin pt. 2 on the new album, which will hopefully be as amazing as the 1st one. I can't even imagine if they do the LTFB intro -> LTFB -> LTFB pt.2 live.

NinjaBoiX

How did I not know this thread existed? So awesome.

I'm really stoked for the new album, and I got really good presale tix to see them on tour in May.

"Now" has definitely grown on me, although I still don't care for the weird tone Hayley uses for "don't try to take this from me". It works really well live too, which is something that I love about their music.

Also, supposedly there is a Let The Flames Begin pt. 2 on the new album, which will hopefully be as amazing as the 1st one. I can't even imagine if they do the LTFB intro -> LTFB -> LTFB pt.2 live.
Oh I love her inflection there, kind of slightly angry and intimidating. And the way she starts it a semi octave lower on the first refrain of the second verse, then comes back into key for the second, it adds a wonderful insistence to the phrase. She's a vocal gymnast, so fucking talented.

And yeah, LTFB is easily one of my favorites. The intro they do for it on The Final Riot tour is epic, and Hayley goes all super emo at the end, writhing about on the floor and shit. It's quite the sight!

MarkusRJR

I used to love their older stuff, but having heard the song Monster I just avoided them since. That song sounds bad and sounds really whiny when you think about why she wrote it. Has any of the other new songs been any good?

NinjaBoiX

I used to love their older stuff, but having heard the song Monster I just avoided them since. That song sounds bad and sounds really whiny when you think about why she wrote it. Has any of the other new songs been any good?
Monster is pretty terrible. But if you haven't listened to Brand New Eyes yet, you really should. I think it's their best record. And the new one is sounding mighty promising.

A few missteps here and there, and I think they've steadily improved. That BOB Song was kinda lame too, but hey, a girl gotta eat.

Edit: yeah Fex, "Paramore" is getting released on 9th April. Go and YT "Now" if you haven't heard it.

I mentioned this in the first paragraph of the OP dude, you disappoint me.

G-Fex

Monster is pretty terrible. But if you haven't listened to Brand New Eyes yet, you really should. I think it's their best record. And the new one is sounding mighty promising.

A few missteps here and there, and I think they've steadily improved. That BOB Song was kinda lame too, but hey, a girl gotta eat.

Edit: yeah Fex, "Paramore" is getting released on 9th April. Go and YT "Now" if you haven't heard it.

pfft I didn't come here to read your silly op, I came for the gifs and pics.

MarkusRJR

I already listened to BNE. I really liked the acoustic versions they did of a few tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom