• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT3|

AAK

I went to check the archives of both the Osaka qualifiers and VSL matches this morning. I reached my limit after a couple of hours of those customs and skipped the rest to see who won. I only rewinded back to see who
knocked out Nobi

Good job to MarkMan and Spooky for marathoning 7 hours of continuous commentary.

I went to check the archives of both the Osaka qualifiers and VSL matches this morning. I reached my limit after a couple of hours of those customs and skipped the rest to see who won. I only rewinded back to see who
knocked out Nobi

Good job to MarkMan and Spooky for marathoning 7 hours of continuous commentary.

I bet your retinas are bleeding right?

I watched the vod too. Why is the frog hat so popular? Not just in game but even Nobi had a shirt with a frog and a player was wearing a frog hat irl

AAK

I watched the vod too. Why is the frog hat so popular? Not just in game but even Nobi had a shirt with a frog and a player was wearing a frog hat irl

The company behind them sponsored Nobi, Yuu, and a bunch of others to travel to EVO and a bunch of other events.

The frog is from the pachislot game Kelot. Yamasa, the company that manufactures Kelot machines also manufacture Tekken pachislot machines. I assume Kelot stuff is in T7 as a form of cross promotion. Yuu and Nobi wear Kelot stuff because they are sponsored by Yamasa.

SKYJ06I.gif

Korea got bored of T7FR before most of the world got their hands on the game, huh?

Tekken 6 remastered with good netcode would be a dream come true.

I'll probably be the only one that don't want to see anything that resemble T6's gameplay in some way or another.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Hope you and everyone enjoyed! I tried a different / more analytical commentary style during some of the broadcast. The next Japan qualifier in TOKYO and next week's NA FINALS are gonna be epic!

GrayFoxPL

Tekken 6 remastered with good netcode would be a dream come true.

ad4u9IW.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't wanna say anything prematurely but after latest firmware update I played Tag2 online for couple hours non stop and nothing happened.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baldie in FR.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken 6 has fantastic natural lighting (better than Tag 2 and 7 in my opinion. Tekken 7 has good lighting, but it's very stylized and doesn't look real) and really good use of motion blur. Give it a higher resolution with a bit of AA and better environment textures and it would look fantastic.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, just looking at some screenshots and going wow. Have to give huge props to whoever was doing the character modeling in the T6 days.

[snip]

Yeah, those models were insanely well made and that was 9 years ago. Even now they are outstanding.

Tekken 6 has fantastic natural lighting (better than Tag 2 and 7 in my opinion. Tekken 7 has good lighting, but it's very stylized and doesn't look real) and really good use of motion blur. Give it a higher resolution with a bit of AA and better environment textures and it would look fantastic.

Natural lightning looks great but can be a real pain in the ass during a fight. Characters can disappear in the shadows. In Tag2 Philippines stage is a nightmare. On P2 position I can't see shit until sun rises and that's like 10-15 seconds.

So I like that they gave unnatural glow to characters in T7. Makes them 100% visible even in shadowy areas. Doesn't look that great from artistic perspective but it's a lot more practical for fighting.

sasuke_91

So Poongko went to so many tournaments and played the game so much that he's already sick of it. And we're still waiting to get our hands on it.
Honestly T7 feels like an old game. I want Tekken 8.

Edit: Does he stop playing Tekken because Akuma was announced for SFV?

HeelPower

Very odd that Akuma was announced for SFV.

I thought they'd maintain exclusivity for T7 at least for good while.He's such a huge of the game's marketing and they spent a lot of effort incorporating his entirely different gameplay into the system and his character into the story mode.

Its just baffling.

sasuke_91

Yeah, at least until the game would be released for consoles. Well, he was probably only exclusive for a year or something.

HeelPower

Yeah, at least until the game would be released for consoles. Well, he was probably only exclusive for a year or something.

There is still a good 5-6 months left till the release of T7.Even Capcom got sick of waiting.

As much as I like the game now,I think they the wait is overkill at the moment.

They didn't even give us any remaster to play as waited for FR.It's really taking too long.

GrayFoxPL

Very odd that Akuma was announced for SFV.

I thought they'd maintain exclusivity for T7 at least for good while.He's such a huge of the game's marketing and they spent a lot of effort incorporating his entirely different gameplay into the system and his character into the story mode.

Its just baffling.

I remember that they quite early said that Akumer in T7 doesn't mean anything about his inclusion in SFV.

That was pretty clear, I was just hoping SFV gets Kazuya in exchange. I wouldn't stop playing it after 2 weeks if that was the case.

sasuke_91

The Last Guardian got its re-reveal and release date before Tekken 7 comes out. Just think about it.

I always tell myself that complaining about it won't do anything, but I'm sick of it. We started watching and talking about T7 in OT1 and now we've reached OT3 for a game that was released in 2012. I'm wondering how I even kept my interest up until now.

AAK

Even after all of this I never considered Akuma being deployed for SFV preceding Tekken 7's release. It's kind of funny in some way.

But yeah, it is what it is at this point. Namco gonna be Namco.

I'm so glad i'm not a Tekken only kinda guy. KoF and BlazBlue are making the atrocious wait a bit more bearable. (BBCF is great btw, so many modes and the new characters are amazing. )

I don't like that Akumer is in SF5 before Tekken comes out. I was hoping some of the SF folks would give Tekken a go because of him, but if it's like this, why would they?

GrayFoxPL

I don't like that Akumer is in SF5 before Tekken comes out. I was hoping some of the SF folks would give Tekken a go because of him, but if it's like this, why would they?

Exactly.

On the other hand they didn't make TxSF for 6 years. That's saying something about their business decisions. And I am still in doubt they even can make it anymore.

sasuke_91

Exactly.

On the other hand they didn't make TxSF for 6 years. That's saying something about their business decisions. And I am still in doubt they even can make it anymore.
They can't even announce a release date for T7.
They'll announce a release on May 31st, saying that "Early 2017" referred to the announcement of a release date, not the release date itself. Release is one week before EVO.

GrayFoxPL

They can't even announce a release date for T7.
They'll announce a release on May 31st, saying that "Early 2017" referred to the announcement of a release date, not the release date itself. Release is one week before EVO.

That would be depressing as fuck. No one would ever believe their bullshit anymore. Not even Markman would save this clusterfuck.

I don't believe they'd go so low. Early 2017 for me is end of February. They better not fuck us over.

Btw T7 Akuma is based off USF4 version. Many people don't like SFV's redesign of characters. It'd be funny if SFV Akumer "sucked" and players would prefer to wait for him in T7.

AAK

Final Round in Atlanta is usually on the 3rd weekend of March. That would be March 18, 2017. I'd like to assume they want the game out before that tournament if their goal is "early" 2017.

AAK

I think it's significantly more likely for an announcement at the Global Finals rather than Nationals.

AAK

I just think it's still premature for an announcement. This NA Qualifier is just a stepping stone to the globals just like the European qualifier going down this Friday. If there was an announcement I expect it'll be saved for the Globals and not these smaller tournaments.

I just think it's still premature for an announcement. This NA Qualifier is just a stepping stone to the globals just like the European qualifier going down this Friday. If there was an announcement I expect it'll be saved for the Globals and not these smaller tournaments.

What's happening in a couple of days is more than just a tournament. Namco's having the tournament at a club, inviting DJs, selling VIP tickets. I mean you have to be 21 and over to get in. It's a PR event/party. It's like the Marvel vs Capcom 3 launch party they had up in SF years ago.

I understand that Globals is the finale, but its a standard tournament that will involve people already invested in the series.

sasuke_91

When's Nationals and when's Global Finals?
I find watching T7 so uninteresting that I find keeping up with all these events pointless.

Top Bottom