• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

fucking traitor brad ebert flying to Port adelaide may have been a huge blessing in disguise.....

Josh Hill is a star :O

edit: the outrage about the free kick count after this game is going to pay for Bigfooty's Chief's uni fees :p

So I've nearly finisher witcher 2. Its been awesome, but the last act has been pretty average. It seems like it was still building to something awesome and it just ends. Still the other 95% of the game has been fucking rad.

LogitechShop has the G27 for $195 in response to the COTD sale that was $20 more

fucking traitor brad ebert flying to Port adelaide may have been a huge blessing in disguise.....
If I recall correctly you guys dropped him. Twice. Seemed to be a mutual breakup.
:)

So I've nearly finisher witcher 2. Its been awesome, but the last act has been pretty average. It seems like it was still building to something awesome and it just ends. Still the other 95% of the game has been fucking rad.
The final act is certainly shorter than the others, it still has plenty of content though.

I would argue it delivers the full payoff. They wrap up all the important loose ends that are raised in TW2 and answers some of the long standing queries regarding Geralt while setting up a tinderbox for the next game that should be balls out awesome to see happening in the background while Geralt tries to complete his original quest.

Gazunta

<Bernbaum's smug face drinking smug beer>
I haaaaaaaaate you

I am jealous of you and am glad you are having a good time :)

Today has been spent digging. With a bit of luck next weekend will be the FINAL weekend of digging the backyard in preparation for the mancave installation. Then it's time to finally build the fucker and fill it with NOTHING BUT VIDEO GAMES AND COMICS AND I AM TWELVE YEARS OLD AND NO GIRLS ALLOWED

Vooks, did Ricki Lee end up following you on Twitter?

Finally seeing Avengers tomorrow yessssssssssssss

Also,video game talk: I realized today that, unless something amaaaazing gets announced at e3, I am due to buy one (1) video game at retail this year on day one. I'm pretty much exclusively iOS now.

OH WHICH REMINDS ME. Train Defense, one of my five favourite iOS games ever, is now free for a week, and I strongly urge you to play it. I really love it.

Salazar

deek, you sonofabitch.

C3p9o.jpg

I need to save.

deek, you sonofabitch.

I need to save.
I grabbed these for the gf a week or two ago for $2 including postage after an OzBargain deal went up. Not bad for $2, probably about the same build quality as you would get from the ones you linked to.

So, Veep (the TV show) is actually pretty good. Feels a lot like old-school Frontline. Get on it.
Couldn't get halfway through the first episode. Just felt awkward. I don't do awkward well these days, don't have the attention span for it.

Vooks, did Ricki Lee end up following you on Twitter?
She didn't follow me :(

She just lied, lied right to my face
on twitter, digitally.

brad ebert was going to be our future captain... no joke ;_;
Hope you weren't expecting Selwood to be available next week...

Shaneus

Couldn't get halfway through the first episode. Just felt awkward. I don't do awkward well these days, don't have the attention span for it.
It's a far more palatable awkward than, say, Curb. But the definite Frontline feel made it even better. And the guy who's in everything (who played the oracle's dad in the first ep of The League) and Tony Hale made it pretty good too. Anna Chlumsky and a surprisingly good-looking Elaine seals the deal _b

The final act is certainly shorter than the others, it still has plenty of content though.

I would argue it delivers the full payoff. They wrap up all the important loose ends that are raised in TW2 and answers some of the long standing queries regarding Geralt while setting up a tinderbox for the next game that should be balls out awesome to see happening in the background while Geralt tries to complete his original quest.

Maybe the storyline I want is the overall trilogy's storyline then. I haven't played 1 so that would make sense.
It's definitely shorter than the other acts though, or at least easier to miss the extra stuff. I didn't even see the main marketplace in the last city until pretty much the last mission.

I accidentally made the wrong choice right at the end and didn't realise the magnitude of it. I then saved over my main game. FML.

In other video game related news that GAF has been telling me for ages, Rayman Origins is fucking great.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

You have the EE right? There's meant to be some extra content in there and a proper ending showing you what your actions have actually done to impact the world.

You don't get that in the original so it was a little, wtf.

Maybe the storyline I want is the overall trilogy's storyline then. I haven't played 1 so that would make sense.
It's definitely shorter than the other acts though, or at least easier to miss the extra stuff. I didn't even see the main marketplace in the last city until pretty much the last mission.

I accidentally made the wrong choice right at the end and didn't realise the magnitude of it. I then saved over my main game. FML.

In other video game related news that GAF has been telling me for ages, Rayman Origins is fucking great.
I think the main issue with the last act is that it doesn't have an open homespot like the other acts. By keeping everything in the one area and giving you more room underground and next to the settlement it feels a bit more restricted, also the wilderness section is much denser than that of the second act, more like the forest towards the beginning of the game. I can map out quite a few hours of content in that final act but it is certainly a bit shorter than the first act, and nowhere near as immense as the second.

Also the game is made for a second play! You miss out on hours and hours of content in the second act depending on your choice at the end of the first so go back and see what the other side is like! Also
Roache is the only choice. Bros before elvish boring morons

You have the EE right? There's meant to be some extra content in there and a proper ending showing you what your actions have actually done to impact the world.

I actually really liked that you didn't get the usual uplifting score and all the bad guys smouldering around you as the happy townsfolk come out and give you three cheers and blow jobs all around. The Witcher isn't about being a hero, it is about following his tenants and putting himself and his companions first rather than worry about averting a war or giving two fucks what a King cares about if it doesn't serve the purpose of the Witcher. Geralt uses everyone in TW2 in order to get what he wants, for better or worse.

Jintor

I would consider replaying TW2 for that but I strongly suspect it was a once-through game for me

I really don't like single player DLC for 30, 40 hour + games, even if it's free

Rahk

oh neat. I've been kind of paranoid about sleeping with my little dog for the same reason. Wouldn't the foam take up a lot of precious bed space?]
Perhaps you should be more worried about how unhygienic it is to sleep with a dog, as well as possible behavioural issues.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I would consider replaying TW2 for that but I strongly suspect it was a once-through game for me

I really don't like single player DLC for 30, 40 hour + games, even if it's free

I don't think it was really DLC. I'm sure you could load up your last save game, finish it and then see the extra cutscenes.

There's some mission style DLC parts out there but who cares about those.

Perhaps you should be more worried about how unhygienic it is to sleep with a dog, as well as possible behavioural issues.

He wont sleep with me anyway ): hes an indoor dog, but yeah there are always hygiene issues. What kind of behavioural issues are there?

Deeku

deek, you sonofabitch.

I need to save.
I like.

I was gonna get very similar prescription glasses earlier this year but they were, as they say, too cool for school. Had to settle for something more conservative/appropriate for work

Pics when they arrive!

I think the main issue with the last act is that it doesn't have an open homespot like the other acts. By keeping everything in the one area and giving you more room underground and next to the settlement it feels a bit more restricted, also the wilderness section is much denser than that of the second act, more like the forest towards the beginning of the game. I can map out quite a few hours of content in that final act but it is certainly a bit shorter than the first act, and nowhere near as immense as the second.

Also the game is made for a second play! You miss out on hours and hours of content in the second act depending on your choice at the end of the first so go back and see what the other side is like! Also
Roache is the only choice. Bros before elvish boring morons

The final act seemed so fast and desperate. In a good way. I mean it felt like I had to do this stuff and couldn't delay it possibly. Shit needed to be done.

And I'll definitely be playing through again.
whatever, I'm all about bringing down kings and starting revolutions. Hell if it was up to me I probably would have adopted the kingslayer title.

Rahk

He wont sleep with me anyway ): hes an indoor dog, but yeah there are always hygiene issues. What kind of behavioural issues are there?
People seem to think that it may start thinking of itself as your equal or feel superior. Also, could make it more clingy or increase separation anxiety. Obviously depends on the dog, and might be more of a problem if it's a puppy.

Shaneus

I don't have Costume or Stacking on PC, might grab. Folks should buy Psychonauts too, they updated it (somewhat) a year or so ago to clean up some bugs, add some extra resolutions and add 360 pad support. Definitely worth grabbing at that price.

Shaneus

God-damn, the Shadoloo UMvC3 finals were god fucking damn amazing
Was that the one with the perfect finish? From what I understand (noob here) people in the OT seem to be pretty impressed with the quality of the competition. Good work by the Aussies to put on a great comp.

Salazar

Gutted. Here are only about three things, all very unlikely, that can make this week tolerable.

A 10-0 United win.
A love life.
Positive news on an article.

Axiom

I never play fighting games anymore but love watching the streams. Wanted to go to Shadowloo Showdown (especially since it's right by my TAFE) but it didn't work out.

Given how damn fun it was to watch this year, I'll make sure it works out next year.

Still can't stop playing Super Monday Night Combat

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Still can't stop playing Super Monday Night Combat

Any reason why you are playing that and not dota 2? I'm pretty sure they are mostly similar and dota 2 is probably harder to get into. There's a fair few of us in ausgaf playing Dota 2 though, most of us are terrible :D

legend166

Sick day ;_;

Plus it feels like I pinched a nerve in my shoulder whilst sleeping last night. It's so painful.

Also, looks like I forgot to shutdown Dota 2 again. There's another 12 hours added to my gametime total where I haven't actually been playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom