• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Oh my God, how am I just hearing of/seeing this?

Morpheus Day One. Hyped as hell.

I find it weird Valkyrie has so little hype around it. I mean, look at it.

Maybe it's because that super awesome trailer was released at Eve fanfest instead of a mainstream event. So if you are not following what's happening in Eve, chances are you'll miss it. In E3 last year they were showing some gameplay that was cool, but not in the same ballpark of awesome as that trailer.

I hope they show more at this year's E3!

Macrotus

If I were Yoshida I'd make sure there's a dinosaur FPS in development and I'd develop that deep sea demo into a full game. Those two concepts seem like they'd be so ideal for VR.

I would definitely be interested in a VR compatible sea game.
Simply exploring various reefs and stuff would be cool.

Also, its irrelevant to games, but I wish Sony would make a virtual theatre for Morpheus since they stopped developing their HMZ-T* series.
If they added DLNA to PS4, it would be perfect!

I would definitely be interested in a VR compatible sea game.
Simply exploring various reefs and stuff would be cool.

Also, its irrelevant to games, but I wish Sony would make a virtual theatre for Morpheus since they stopped developing their HMZ-T* series.
If they added DLNA to PS4, it would be perfect!

I'd like a mode in this fictional sea game we're talking about where you are controlling a deep sea remote submarine bot. You're staring down at the sea floor and controlling the yellow robot arm grabber things to pick up samples and artifacts to bring back to your research vessel. Uncovering clues to sunken ships demise, finding new creatures, and attaching crane hooks to objects that will be hoisted back onto the ship.

The DS4 or move wands control the sub and it's arms, while the Morpheus headset controls the articulating camera on the nose of the sub, or even the point of view of a pilot inside it.

Sorry for going off topic, but I needed that out of my head before I forget.

Aren't most of these multiplatform? Also many of these will be released before morpheus is out.

Yes, the point of this thread is to see how much software will be available when Morpheus launches since all of these games will be out before it. We have to wait for E3 to see what 1st party games are coming to Morpheus though. Still impressive launch software considering Morpheus doesn't release until 2016.

FIREPROOF GAMES PLANNING OMEGA AGENT FOR MORPHEUS, OCULUS AND VIVE

OmegaAgent_Header-790x300.png

Set on a remote island training facility for cold-war spies, Omega Agent allows players to mount a nuclear-powered jetpack and fly around a city filled with missions, taking on opponent agents and collecting power-ups as they attempt to bring down enemies.
http://vrfocus.com/archives/14345/fireproof-games-planning-omega-agent-morpheus-oculus-vive/

Shin-Ra

Q.U.B.E.²
Surgeon Simulator
Among the Sleep

These look the most interesting to me from the real announced titles.

DavidDesu

It is time for G-Police to come back, and for VR. I'd be in heaven if they did it. Could look so good. Imagine the cityscape in Killzone Shadowfall, a game that ran close to 60fps at times. Pare back the graphics a bit and make that city in VR, on an alien moon, with G-Police style anti gravity choppers.... Could still look impressive, and being IN that game would be incredible to experience!

Nzyme32

You can confirm both:

The Gallery Six Elements
The Witness

Both devs have mentioned support, so I'd be sure they will be there. Plus I'd also be sure that anything that isn't first party will be everywhere (unless for whatever reason it isn't possible on a PS4). These devs will want their moneys worth of the small player base VR starts with.

You can confirm both:

The Gallery Six Elements
The Witness

Both devs have mentioned support, so I'd be sure they will be there. Plus I'd also be sure that anything that isn't first party will be everywhere (unless for whatever reason it isn't possible on a PS4). These devs will want their moneys worth of the small player base VR starts with.

Do you have any links so I may change them to confirmed?

As far as I know The Witness has not been confirmed for Morpheus. I wouldn't be surprised if that eventually gets announced though.

Clockwork5

But war thunder runs, at best, 30fps on PS4. I wonder if they will take the time to optimize for over 60fps, and what the game would look like at that point.

But war thunder runs, at best, 30fps on PS4. I wonder if they will take the time to optimize for over 60fps, and what the game would look like at that point.

Project Morpheus has reprojection technology so technically War Thunder will already be running at 60fps at launch it's up to the dev if the want to make it 120fps (60fps).

Project Morpheus has reprojection technology so technically War Thunder will already be running at 60fps at launch it's up to the dev if the want to make it 120fps (60fps).

I think 30fps with reprojection is a none starter, there's just too big a gap between good frames. Warframe has different graphics levels on pc so it'll just be a case of lowering the lod and various other settings to achieve a steady 60 (reprojected to 120).

If that's true then maybe there will be a separate VR mode with simplified graphics.

that or the general cockpit view with the instruments that dont require much gfx load will free resources, assuming there isnt a first-person mode from outside the cockpit available
the screenshot on the first page shows that like 50% of the screen is covered with the cockpit

Can I just say, there's one game above ALL that I want to play with a Morpheus, a game that being able to be that immersed in would probably life changingly awesome...

Mass Effect.

0c596c5aaf0ea3ec84b7e9412c0192ea.jpg

I WOULD SHIT.

Seanspeed

Banned
Mass Effect in VR probably wont happen. I don't think it'd be impossible, but you'd have to really design the 3rd person camera system(among other things) to work with VR, and that would mean compromising on the flat display/non-VR experience(which would also be the only way to play it on XB1). The economics just aren't there for it, I don't think.

Would love to be proven wrong on that, though...

I think it's very possible we might see big games come with an extra VR exploration mode. Like in Mass Effect, you could walk around the citadel in VR but the rest of the game would be played traditionally.

Seanspeed

Banned
I think it's very possible we might see big games come with an extra VR exploration mode. Like in Mass Effect, you could walk around the citadel in VR but the rest of the game would be played traditionally.
Yea, it might be possible to do some alternate mode that is separate from the actual game just to walk around in VR around an area in the game. But that would hardly be what I constitute real VR support. You might as well just sell or offer it as a separate tech demo.

EGOMON

Damn! i had no idea Morpheus already has so many games announced for it this is promising keep up the good work Sony

Nzyme32

Do you have any links so I may change them to confirmed?

Search for the user cloudhead games on reddit, and look at their posts. They specifically mention supporting it and Oculus. Vive will be where it launches first but SteamVR requires them to cater to everything from room scale to seated and all manner of inputs

Seanspeed

Banned
Search for the user cloudhead games on reddit, and look at their posts. They specifically mention supporting it and Oculus. Vive will be where it launches first but SteamVR requires them to cater to everything from room scale to seated and all manner of inputs
SteamVR doesn't require anybody to do anything. There is no rule that if you make a game compatible with Vive, that it has to use the wand controllers or has to be a stand-up experience or whatever.

funkypie

Banned
Could I use morpheus as a second screen for any game? so if someone is watching tv I could play battlefield or something with this on my head, just not in VR.

Seanspeed

Banned
Could I use morpheus as a second screen for any game? so if someone is watching tv I could play battlefield or something with this on my head, just not in VR.
Theoretically, Sony could introduce a theatre mode that enables this kind of functionality. But we've heard nothing on them doing this.

Nor is it going to be as awesome as you're thinking as it will be much lower resolution than playing on a TV.

They haven't said, but it's possible there might be some kind of theater mode where you can play regular games or watch movies.

Mononoke

Banned
As someone that hasn't kept up, this thread is very informative and it has me excited as hell.

I'm actually interested what gets shown at E3.

I am looking for confirmation that No Man's Sky will support Morpheus.

I am also very interested to experience non-game stuff like a simple beach setting where you can just sit and relax, and virtual theatre/arcade etc. That shit sounds so cool.

I am looking for confirmation that No Man's Sky will support Morpheus.

I am also very interested to experience non-game stuff like a simple beach setting where you can just sit and relax, and virtual theatre/arcade etc. That shit sounds so cool.

Was about to post this.

VR could be absolutely huge in areas outside of traditional gaming, for example as a relaxation/meditation tool. It could even have psychiatric applications as such.

Top Bottom